Carrie Hope Fletcher #7 Carrie Fletcher, there is no hope left.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don’t think she realises that she can’t just be good at singing. She needs to work on her acting. Really badly. All she needs to do is ask one question: would she be any good in a non-musical play? (And no, she would be atrocious. She tries to hard and ends up over-acting, can’t do accents, and has about three facial expressions.) She gets cast in musicals because she can carry a tune but she can’t act for tit. She is just too much. She’s not a natural. In Heathers, she was so full on in the Dead Girl Walking sex scene. And she still acts like she is a high school drama student. And that’s even a stretch.

Reactions: 10
IIRC she stated she deliberately acted up in "Dead Girl Walking" because she felt like she was getting back at people who suggested she didn't look right for the role/was too large. I can understand being affected by cruel comments about her, but at the same time, turning that scene into near-panto is not the professional response

Reactions: 18
IIRC she stated she deliberately acted up in "Dead Girl Walking" because she felt like she was getting back at people who suggested she didn't look right for the role/was too large. I can understand being affected by cruel comments about her, but at the same time, turning that scene into near-panto is not the professional response
That in itself proves she's not professional, or an actress. Acting isn't about you, it's about becoming the person you're playing. Yes you can draw on your own experiences but when you make it personal,make it about you, then youve lost the character

Reactions: 21
That in itself proves she's not professional, or an actress. Acting isn't about you, it's about becoming the person you're playing. Yes you can draw on your own experiences but when you make it personal,make it about you, then youve lost the character
And herein lies the problem: with Carrie everything is about Carrie.

Reactions: 20
And herein lies the problem: with Carrie everything is about Carrie.
Even in jobs she’s had she would create sayings with her costars (her two leading men mainly that I can remember) that essentially turn her into the character. The main two I remember is her saying “fight for me” to jamie in heathers, specifically before the show when she’s still Carrie, and “try to win me back” to Oliver during Addams, like it’s cute and all but it exactly shows how much she can make things about her.

To be fair I don’t think she mentioned ones for Les Mis either Eponine or Fantine (and for that she had her “deep” connection to the story which basically was “Fantine is a sad character, there fore I am sad now”) or Chitty but she was vlogging slightly less during the first two and then COVID cut her Fantine run “short” but I’m 90% we’ll get something for Cinderella with the male lead

Reactions: 6
Hope there’s no romance schmooshy stuff in this one. Still can’t get the terrified eyes of Jamie Muscato out of my head when she pinned him to the stage

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’ve not seen the show yet so don’t know the ins and outs, though do know they’re not lead roles, but in a few years how about either of the mothers in Dear Evan Hansen? I wouldn’t say she’s old enough to play the parent of a teenager just yet but perhaps in a few years in could work?
She could probably play a parent now - she looks much older than she is

She could probably play a parent now - she looks much older than she is
Thing is they're both very emotionally charged roles and carrie has absolutely no acting skills so i don't think she'd be able to play them well at all

Reactions: 4
If I didn't know her age, I'd peg her at about 35. It's all in the way she styles herself, she dresses like an old auntie lately.
Thats because she is an author and a book person don't you know. She can't be authentic about anything, she treats it the same way she does theatre, like dress up and make believe.

Mamma Mia could possibly one but again she needs to be funny, and also be able to act. There are some real moments of emotion in that show.

Thats because she is an author and a book person don't you know. She can't be authentic about anything, she treats it the same way she does theatre, like dress up and make believe.

Mamma Mia could possibly one but again she needs to be funny, and also be able to act. There are some real moments of emotion in that show.
So many roles rule her out in some way. She could maybe do Addams again as Morticia, but that's more of a comic role. If The Witches of Eastwick got a revival, she could be one of the witches, I think she'd enjoy that as they are supposed to be sexy - again though, it's a comedy. There's been talk for a while of reviving Starlight Express in the West End, she's not athletic enough for it. She doesn't have the comedy, range, or phrasing for Mrs Lovett. The fact of struggling to sing classically without belting rules her out of a lot of older shows. Playing Audrey, or Elphaba, would require her to act and her voice is nowhere near strong enough for Elphaba. Maybe Disney or fairytale musicals - again, stunt cast Elsa for a tour/before it closes, or Beauty and the Beast if it comes back to the WE, or the baker's wife/Cinderella in Into the Woods which is performed fairly often (though again, both these roles require comedy and emotion!) She doesn't feel she should have to work on anything and that excludes her from so much, which will only work against her as she gets older. Especially if she wants to only ever be a lead

Reactions: 11
Into The Woods is going into the Old Vic next year but I feel like she'd be a bit too...starry for there. They'd want a name to be taken seriously. I think the Disney musicals would be a possibility.

Reactions: 3
Problem with disney musicals is they generally don't need a name to sell them, disney is the name. I just don't see her being a first choice for any disney role that doesn't require a name to help sell

Reactions: 8
I feel like this is something she could admit is part of her not going to drama school, but I also feel like she’d never admit it... yes she’s auditioned for lots of roles and not gotten it (like Sophie in Mamma Mia) but all of the roles she had gotten shes had some connection to or really really wanted them before she was cast so already had a level of comfort with them (or had performed their songs in concerts etc)... whereas I feel like part of learning to act in drama school is being cast in roles you wouldn’t initially expect partially to get students out of their comfort zone and also just because whatever show the school do is the show and you have to go with the flow and tackle the role you’re given

I haven’t been to drama school so anyone who has please do correct me but this is just the impression I’ve gotten whilst watching her, but especially because her adult west end debut was her dream role

I think she is aging out of Disney roles and no longer has the right look. I predict babies and following in Gi’s footsteps as an authority on all things motherhood (god help us) when the roles dry up.

Reactions: 22
I think she is aging out of Disney roles and no longer has the right look. I predict babies and following in Gi’s footsteps as an authority on all things motherhood (god help us) when the roles dry up.
Oh she would LOVE that. The sponsored freebies, the glow of sanctimonious morality, "you don't know ANYTHING until you've given birth" ...

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
I feel like this is something she could admit is part of her not going to drama school, but I also feel like she’d never admit it... yes she’s auditioned for lots of roles and not gotten it (like Sophie in Mamma Mia) but all of the roles she had gotten shes had some connection to or really really wanted them before she was cast so already had a level of comfort with them (or had performed their songs in concerts etc)... whereas I feel like part of learning to act in drama school is being cast in roles you wouldn’t initially expect partially to get students out of their comfort zone and also just because whatever show the school do is the show and you have to go with the flow and tackle the role you’re given

I haven’t been to drama school so anyone who has please do correct me but this is just the impression I’ve gotten whilst watching her, but especially because her adult west end debut was her dream role
I agree, I feel like she just belts out nice songs and that’s it, I can’t ever see her in a straight play or something not well known. Cinderella just looks like she’s playing herself, I can’t imagine what she’s gonna play after this finishes

I agree, I feel like she just belts out nice songs and that’s it, I can’t ever see her in a straight play or something not well known. Cinderella just looks like she’s playing herself, I can’t imagine what she’s gonna play after this finishes
She will join the circuit of those singers that the BBC Concert Orchestra / John Wilson Orchestra and similar use for their one-off nights of light showtunes at the Royal Albert Hall / Festival Hall / Cadogan Hall / Proms / Sunday Night Is Music Night etc.

How much guylian and donut can you stuff in a baby?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.