Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
Davina gets a lot of love now for her killer body and finding ur long lost families or whatever that show is called but if u watch the old.big brother shows she had her moments of not being great
Davina has always been horrible to other women, in my opinion. So many bad interviews with female housemates, especially those who weren’t sweet & innocent, Makosi being the most famous example.

Her recent tweet about attacks on women being “rare” and we need to stop talking about women’s safety because it’s affecting men’s mental health really showed her internalised misogyny!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 30

Roz

One of my best friends used to spend ALOT of time with Pete in squats in Brighton before & after BB. When he saw him on BB he couldn’t believe how bad his Tourette’s was. So, when he finally saw him a few years later my friend asked him about it. Pete told him that he exaggerated the Tourette’s in his audition tape to get on Big Brother and was told by producers that the audience would love it. Apparently Pete claims he never ‘dated’ Nikki, he faked it. He liked her to a point but found her annoying and not his type of person. Unfortunately Nikki thought they were an item and was heartbroken when Pete disappeared. I believe Nikki was naive and vulnerable when it came to romance and Pete took full advantage.
Pete loved to show off to his druggie friends about what he did and they found it hilarious. Pete Bennett is a disgusting person and he has behaved in exactly the manner I would have expected.
RIP Nikki. Wherever you are, please know you have family and friends who don’t use your name in vain. They will always stand by you and respect your privacy and dignity ❤
017C58FD-43B5-42C3-8F9F-744871C48CB1.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 30

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Mario’s real name is Sean Astbury. I always got the feeling he was controlling of Lisa. I mean anyone who changes their name to Mario Marcone when they’re not even Italian has to be a complete twat.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28

HockyRorror

VIP Member
Well this is what the final BB winner Cameron’s up to nowadays.
He sent this to my son when he followed him on Instagram 😬
LMAO I skim read your post and opened the attachment and thought you meant Cameron BB4!!!!! 😮😂😆

• Haha
  • Wow

sleepflowers

VIP Member
I think I would have preferred a top 50 BB moments show, 10 clips a night, 5 nights. Voted for by viewers of course.

• Heart

Kebab girl

Chatty Member

I am not saying he visited her because he knew she didn't have long left but I don't think Pete should have posted that photo. Nikki looks so poorly, the worst she's ever looked and he didn't need the Insta likes.
I don’t think Pete did it for likes. Maybe he wanted more publicity to raise funds for her treatment. he’s never come across as someone that needed attention.

Her passing is so so sad. All evening I’ve found myself thinking about her 😢💔

• Heart
Reactions: 27

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
I think Nikki was beyond help when she was admitted to the clinic and the staff there would have realised this. She was discharged home for end of life care from her family - I hope, I don't know.😪 She's at peace now, no more demons to fight.

My daughter's friend died of multi-organ failure aged 24, she had anorexia from her early teens and never managed to get into recovery, despite numerous professional interventions. She would embroider the truth as to how unwell she was. She'd also post fictitious updates on Instagram with photos of fish and chips and doughnuts. She'd say she'd had yogurt with berries for breakfast, then gone for a swim, home for soup and a sandwich, out for a walk with the dog, big family dinner in the evening - the reality was she was too weak to get out of bed unaided, and her ability to swallow was impaired due to purging. She was managing half a carton of Ensure Plus a day. Her death was inevitable but it shattered her parents and siblings, who had lived with her illness for more than a decade.

Eating disorders kill. We all need to take this seriously, it's not about having a thigh gap, a flat stomach and slender limbs, as some of the magazines aimed at young girls are all about. It doesn't help when the Daily Mail posts a photo of a slightly overweight celebrity, and encourages bullying comments from their readership about their size, usually by captioning it with something along the lines of 'XXXX flaunts her curves in skintight leather.' :mad::mad::mad:

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
That is the opposite of what I remember to BB7.

I remember the moral arc, but it didn’t play out naturally like it did two years later in BB9. The producers manipulated the hell out of BB7 to make it so. They didn’t allow Grace and her clique to settle at all, they were punished for the most minor infraction of “talking about nominations” whilst Pete and Richard who did the same on a more blatant scale were not reprimanded. Out of the 13 weeks, I believe there were only two weeks of “normal” nominations, without their being a twist or people being banned from nominating. It seemed like they were doing everything to secure an easy Pete win.
I've just been watching it this past week or so, and they didn't get barred for 'minor' infractions, they got barred because they couldn't stop nastily conferring in blatant manner over nominations because they were so deep in resentment over them. Imogen was so dopey she allowed herself to get roped into these conversations three times in a row. Lisa descended into rages so severe she forgot the rules too and would sort of Homer Simpson D'OH afterwards when reminded in the diary room then immediately go off and do it again. They were so motivated by their spite and rage they simply forgot they were being recorded 24/7. It was hilarious watching them be so self-absorbed in their hatred of others they repeatedly made stupid arses of themselves. BB actually et up a task (standing on a box) with a prize of being immune from nomination that was designed to keep Grace in the house if she'd had the stamina, which she didn't.

Pete was actually the first one to see through and name Grace as the instigator of a lot of the unhappiness in the house. Smart lad. Grace was a textbook example of a female narcissist whose sense of security and entire sense of self relies on constant proof she's winning the male sexual attention competition she's got set up in her head against all other women who aren't naturally submissive to her (plus her rage at older gay Richard was instructive - how a female narc reacts to a man who neither kowtows to her socially or has any use for her sexually). She would never have won or lasted to the final stages because nobody likes women like this. Nobody. Same way everyone hates preening, shallow, womanizing little shits like Sezer. People liked Pete inside and outside the house because he was a nice bloke without some inherent rancour (although he above others probably deserved to have some) who didn't treat others like shit on his show, didn't participate in coarsely sexually ranking and rating and excluding others, and his entertainment value wasn't based on stirring up hate and drama but on more positive traits. Same with Aisleyne - people liked her because she showed independence and backbone and had fun that wasn't based on putting others down, which are traits which have far more longevity than being a tiresome catty girl in a tiny bikini with nothing to offer but extreme youth and 'look at meeeeee' sexuality.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
It's very sad news about Nikki and awful to think that she couldn't access the help she so badly needed.

Is anyone else hoping that the cult of reality TV will end soon? BB started in 2000 and X factor a few years later. Personally I'm sick to death of seeing vulnerable people being exploited on TV. We've had 20 years if this cheap shot entertainment now.

BB got progressively worse with every series and some of the contestants should definitely not have ever been allowed on TV because they weren't resilient enough to take it. Some of the former contestants must be mortified about things they said and did now. There's a woman called Lisa who has done some dreadful stuff trying to maintain her fame (totally embarrassing).

I remember watching X factor when it started and every week some vulnerable person would trot out saying how his mum thought he was a brilliant singer and if course they would be terrible! I very quickly got tired of seeing those people being exploited in the name of entertainment just to be laughed at.

I really hope that when lockdown finishes that these shows don't ever come back. Showbiz is a tough world even if you've got talent. Talentless people have to prostitute themselves in really degrading ways to maintain their celebrity and very few are tough enough. Gemma Collins might be the exception to this rule but most of them really shouldn't do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Scullybob

VIP Member
I didn't like the episode with Jackie Stalone, I thought it was boring when you think about some of the absolute corkers they could have used. It just feels lazy to show a whole episode. They could have shown us the best bits from each series.

Reactions: 24

Jenna89

Chatty Member
I still think the Googlebox idea mentioned in the last thread was epic - us watching the old housemates watching highlights of all BB/CBB series..... TV gold waiting to happen!

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I feel like BB9 is so underrated. Mario was like a real life David Brent with his health and safety fixation and the way he patronised Mikey, who was really independent and didn’t need molly coddling. Then you had Rex who didn’t give a shit what anyone thought of him, and is probably one of the best ever housemates. Luke was an obnoxious little twat but seems to have grown up and is ok now. It had its own mini fight night as well.

Reactions: 23

Warriorqueen

VIP Member
I’m saying this as an observer and not an embittered ex. He wouldn’t have had the faintest idea I was even looking at the time.

Rex treats women like absolute shit. He is a misogynist and abusive. He pushes drugs on women and actively manipulates scenarios to cause chaos and arguments between friends and acquaintances. In a bb reunion he once tried to upset Nikki deliberately and played on her insecurities. She genuinely was terrified of him and left early because of it. He is psychopathic.

At parties he would spike drinks for fun. He would enjoy watching people behave erratically and then laugh and deliberately provoke paranoia. I was told he would then whisper in their ears what he had done and then tell them everyone is watching and that they are embarrassing themselves. He was actually sadistic.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 22

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
I am absolutely devastated to read Nikki has died. We got the email from donating to her to help.

I hope you finally feel at peace, Nikki. You were so loved and you will be so missed.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
What a bunch of pathetic self-serving eejits, like a bunch of primary school kids. 'I was her best friend'. 'No I was'. A woman has died and these idiots are attention seeking on social media. Lea Walker slagging someone off for morality? Bit bloody rich. Also, Pete can get in the bin, I was on his side, but enough is enough.

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
There was a moment involving Nikki on BB I’ll never forget (have never found a clip though).
The housemates were given a task to “find out” the meaning of life. A few of them were sitting in the Big Brother garden, having a serious discussion about it, then Nikki suddenly stormed past and said “I don’t care about the meaning of life, all I care about is the 1980s!”. It makes me laugh every time I think about it.

I don’t mean to be flippant by sharing a funny story, I just think it’s good to keep positive thoughts about her as well.

• Heart