Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HockyRorror

VIP Member
JFC, I did not expect the photos to be that bad.

Without sounding awful, I feel this is wasted fundraising. She has had anorexia since she was 8. She has been in and out of hospitals and clinics since 14, or 15 I believe. She is now 38. The alternative is to leave her to help herself, which she can’t do. I don’t know what the solution is but I don’t think it’s something 60k+ and counting can solve, sadly.

Reactions: 16

Eirawen

VIP Member
I thought that Chantelle's hair extensions were awful and scraggy. they looked as if she got them from a £ shop

• Haha

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Ugh Richard was a nasty piece of work in the BB house (he seemed to love seeing people distressed and thought it was funny) looks like he’s not changed.
I don’t even think this is about him being “team Pete”, it’s just his sad grudge against Imogen.
I‘m not even a fan of Imogen, but it’s clear she was close to Nikki, and I don’t blame her for reaching the end of her tether and feeling the need to comment on Pete.

lalalanded

VIP Member
Hi All - I know this thread has died off but I've just seen on Instagram that Nikki Grahame is in a really bad way. As in, close to death. Her friends are fundraising for private treatment as it would seem that they have exhausted NHS resources. I am absolutely shocked and didn't particularly like the girl but she is in a desperate way and I feel terrible for her. There is a Go Fund Me but it shows some absolutely harrowing photos of Nikki so I don't want to share here. If you find it, please consider donating.

• Sad
  • Wow

Affiliatemebaby

VIP Member
I loathed Alex when he was on BB. Whiny, petulant, humourless most of the time.

I fancied Lee first, then Spencer, then Alex after the hiding behind the door incident 😅 I was 13 and fickle with my crushes!

I really miss the simplicity of how people looked back then in BB3 era... Loose trousers, plain tshirts and minimal effort with hair and makeup. No extensions, salon nails or false lashes etc. Such a simple time!
God, I miss the era of my 20s when women didn’t have inflatable lips and arses, you could have short hair, and combat trousers and trainers were acceptable clubbing gear.

• Haha

liar liar

VIP Member
I remember watching the whole Jade Goody debacle end to end (BB to her death) and the first time I learned she was mixed race was right now. There was absolutely no general consciousness that she was anything but a working class (or rather underclass) white woman at the time. It certainly never came up even when she was being accused of racism during the whole Shilpa Shetty mess. I think the pig thing was more bout her being overweight, blunt of feature and obviously lower class, and crass etc. The class angle was huge, tbqh.

I do remember Graham Norton, after joining in on the pig meme and Jade-bashing for weeks, suddenly reigning it in and asking everyone to be nicer, rather hypocritically. I think there was a realization that the hate train had gone way too far and there was a concerted effort to rebrand her, not to mention a realisation that someone with THAT much fame (or notoriety, whatever) would be good for making a few people in the media and beyond some money well after the fact.

Speaking of which, did any other BB stars get their own perfume? Jade Goody had two (Shh and Controversial), and you can still buy them, weirdly enough.
Jade was a product of her upbringing. However, she did work and hadn't fallen into the early motherhood trap. She was bullied into making remarks about Shilpa, although I believe she probably would have anyway because those were words she heard everyday where she lived. The thing with her was that she was willing to try to learn and change and did go to India's BB house where it could have gone horribly wrong. She had two lovely boys and spent the last years of her life trying to earn as much as possible for some sort of future for them. I have never heard her first husband say one word out of place about her. Her second was/is still living off her all these years later. Her legacy was cervical cancer awareness for younger women who are often ignored when presenting with symptoms. If she saved one life through that message then she is a better person than most of us will have the chance to be. Her sons are a credit to her. RIP Jade

• Heart

lalalanded

VIP Member
Nikki, Lea, Shabaz and arguably Pete should not have passed the psychological tests to be on a show like Big Brother, and that’s even considering that series was a “nice” house overall - can you imagine any of them in BB5 or 6?
I was absolutely obsessed with the first three BBs. All those long summer evenings, getting excited to watch the latest episode and that everyone talking about it at work the next day! Then the fourth was just full of bores and it's hey day seemed over and I think they just started choosing more and more outrageous people to cause controversy. I quickly lost interest. Who wants to watch a bunch of disturbed/unlikeable people every night?

• Heart

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
I knew it. I knew Michelle Heaton was talking about Pete from the start.

Pete has no shame in how he’s exploiting Nikki’s death to become relevant again. They demonstrably didn’t have a close relationship and anyone who believes otherwise is kidding themselves.

I feel so terrible for Nikki’s family and friends having to see him parade around media outlets as if he were some kind of saviour to her. Just horrible. Hopefully he stops now that Imogen has spoken up.

Eirawen

VIP Member
I still find Pete's reply OTT and lengthy
Imogen's post was concise and to the point.Pete rambles on and ends up being abusive.He is being manipulative again tugging at heart strings.

Reactions: 15

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Lots of children have disabled or absent parents and don’t become bullies though. You can only blame her home life so much. I think it was convenient excuse personally.

She got away with it because she played the ‘dumb/ stupid/ naive’ act
And the middle aged men who run the media in this country decide that they fancied her. Much like Cheryl Tweedy-Cole-Fernandez Fersini etc and her nightclub toilet violence.

cobette

VIP Member
Yeah, Pete is not coming across at all well there.
Did he do anything career-wise after BB? As I recall, Nikki was actually the breakout star from that series, and their “romance” was obviously encouraged by Pete for fame purposes, and it hit the skids pretty quickly when they were out. Didn’t it turn out that he had a girlfriend outside anyway?
I liked him at first in that series, but it became clear as things went on that he was pretty manipulative. Fake, even. He was encouraging quite a few of the women, several of them had crushes on him (for example Lisa and Leah). I was rooting for Glyn at the end.
Nail on the head!

His game plan was to be everyone's friend. He led several of the girls on and then feigned innocence and made out they were making him feel uncomfortable when they would flirt back. He kept Nikki at arm's length for weeks but as soon as she was evicted and he heard the amazing reception she received he pounced on the opportunity of a showmance. To this day I can't believe how hypnotised the other HMs were by him to the point Nikki was voted back in from the House Next Door 'for Pete'.

• Sad
The racism and nastiness in early BB is unbelievable and would never be broadcast now. In BB3, Tim (the closet ginger), made a 'joke' about ''paki's'. 'What's the best sort of paki? A dead one'. Jade Goody laughed her socks off of course. Amazing how we've evolved in such a relatively short space of time.

• Wow
  • Angry

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Come on E4, show us some controversial episodes. It's 2020 and we're all adults.
I still can’t believe they‘re not showing not showing any episodes of BB5. From the top of my head they could have shown Fight Night, Emma and Michelle in the bedsit, Michelle snd Stuart under the table, Ahmed smashing the plates, Shell and Victors row where she called him a ‘cunt’. So much to chose from.

Likewise although the Box Task from BB6 was good, it’s nowhere near the best thing about that series.

I don't think the reason Danielle Lloyd received less criticism than Jade and Jo was purely because she was young and attractive. She had actually been friends with Shilpa prior to Jade and her family coming in. With some subtle tip offs from the Diary Room voice she was the first to clue in that her behavior was coming off like bullying and racist so she got in an unreserved apology to Shilpa way before the other two did.

Also their respective actions after the show was also a factor in how they were viewed. Jade went on a very obvious charm offensive. Being paparazzied eating Indian takeout, palling around with Indian people and eventually ending signing up for the Indian version of the show. It was very eye rollingly obvious. Jo seemed to completely break down (to this day she still doesn't right) and refused to admit she had done anything wrong whereas Danielle kept her head down and stayed out of the spotlight for long enough for the incident to blow over.

Danielle was the absolute FUCKING WORST out of all of them. Only someone horrifically fucking nasty and fucked in the head would find the idea of flicking their vaginal thrush into someone's curry as 'hilarious'. She's a fucking SKANK.

• Sick
  • Wow