Big Brother Gossip #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember her series well as it was probably the last of the golden years of BB. She definitely made an impact on it. RIP.

Reactions: 9
Such sad news.

RIP Nikki, what a housemate, never to be forgotten.

Reactions: 6
So sad to read this I was a BB obsessive up to probably the end of that series or maybe the following one. I was very young but still realised she was, what I would now call, ‘vulnerable’

Reactions: 4
It's very sad news about Nikki and awful to think that she couldn't access the help she so badly needed.

Is anyone else hoping that the cult of reality TV will end soon? BB started in 2000 and X factor a few years later. Personally I'm sick to death of seeing vulnerable people being exploited on TV. We've had 20 years if this cheap shot entertainment now.

BB got progressively worse with every series and some of the contestants should definitely not have ever been allowed on TV because they weren't resilient enough to take it. Some of the former contestants must be mortified about things they said and did now. There's a woman called Lisa who has done some dreadful stuff trying to maintain her fame (totally embarrassing).

I remember watching X factor when it started and every week some vulnerable person would trot out saying how his mum thought he was a brilliant singer and if course they would be terrible! I very quickly got tired of seeing those people being exploited in the name of entertainment just to be laughed at.

I really hope that when lockdown finishes that these shows don't ever come back. Showbiz is a tough world even if you've got talent. Talentless people have to prostitute themselves in really degrading ways to maintain their celebrity and very few are tough enough. Gemma Collins might be the exception to this rule but most of them really shouldn't do it.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I hope people trying to help recently face get some comfort and to her family too.
I absolutely hope this particular type of tv is done now. I’ve not watched it in years but it permeates every day life all the same. How many more people have to be damaged and ridiculed and discarded?

RIP Nikki.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It's very sad news about Nikki and awful to think that she couldn't access the help she so badly needed.

Is anyone else hoping that the cult of reality TV will end soon? BB started in 2000 and X factor a few years later. Personally I'm sick to death of seeing vulnerable people being exploited on TV. We've had 20 years if this cheap shot entertainment now.

BB got progressively worse with every series and some of the contestants should definitely not have ever been allowed on TV because they weren't resilient enough to take it. Some of the former contestants must be mortified about things they said and did now. There's a woman called Lisa who has done some dreadful stuff trying to maintain her fame (totally embarrassing).

I remember watching X factor when it started and every week some vulnerable person would trot out saying how his mum thought he was a brilliant singer and if course they would be terrible! I very quickly got tired of seeing those people being exploited in the name of entertainment just to be laughed at.

I really hope that when lockdown finishes that these shows don't ever come back. Showbiz is a tough world even if you've got talent. Talentless people have to prostitute themselves in really degrading ways to maintain their celebrity and very few are tough enough. Gemma Collins might be the exception to this rule but most of them really shouldn't do it.
I think it definitely gives a distorted reality of what 'being famous' is. Actors, actresses, musicians, writers, sportspeople etc get armies of adoring fans because they're actually talented and earn their fame. These shows miss out the talent bit and I think contestants feel (or are promised) they will be adored just for appearing on a TV show. Which is probably why they get such a battering on social media and are pretty much outcasts in the media world straight after they're booted off whichever show they appear on. Out of all the people who have appeared on these reality shows there's only a handful that have come good. You'd have thought people would learn after all these years but they were still as popular as ever before Covid so the illusion must still be there

• Heart
Reactions: 6
This is heartbreaking, she will always be a Big Brother legend!

I just read this post on IG, does anyone know who she is talking about? Which person in the media?
I actually think this might be Nicola McClean. It’s been alleged she lied about having anorexia and she recently has been in the press talking about her supposed friendship with Nikki and how she cried over the photos of her.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
So sad to hear about Nikki's passing. She was loved in Canada and her friendship with Mitch was adorable in BBCAN4. She brought the tantrums, but showed the child-like playfulness she had. Anorexia is a horrible mental disorder where once that switch is flipped, it is hard to switch back. I don't know if I can word this properly, but It is a condition where one gets praise or admired for, because the sufferer is seen to have discipline, until you look skeletal of course. It's just sad seeing someone flounder and there is seemingly nothing you can do for them.

This pandemic has been hard most people, but for some the isolation is killing them. RIP Nikki. 🌹

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This is heartbreaking, she will always be a Big Brother legend!

I just read this post on IG, does anyone know who she is talking about? Which person in the media?
Michelle Heaton?

Shes just done a long post on IG and mentioned a holiday to Marbella, although she has also called out fake people for doing tributes, I think shes talking about Aisleyne

Reactions: 2
It’s now being reported that she was released from hospital and passed away the next day. I also think Michelle Heaton’s message is quite telling as to what happened.

RIP Nikki x

Last edited:
It’s now being reported that she was released from hospital and passed away the next day. I also think Michelle Heaton’s message is quite telling as to what happened.

RIP Nikki x
What do you mean? Suicide ?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.