Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

littlewonder

Chatty Member
Zanna van Dijk #14: couldn’t care less that Ant is ill, hops on a plane - she’s got swimwear to shill

I’ve never suggested a thread title before so forgive me 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 43

peanutbuttercupp11

Chatty Member
"After a much needed holiday" I'm sorry why on EARTH does this vapid bint need a holiday when she does fuck all other than post reels about how tall she is and plagiarise blog posts. She must have the least stressful life going.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

Dotherighthing

Chatty Member
D6C71E6C-055D-4070-9B6F-105F793C5023.png

What an absolute lie. No Zanna this is not what happened. Yes you may have always wanted a pink sofa but you make this sound like you went on a search mission and begged Jo’s permission! You didn’t! This was a gifted sofa from Snug. You didn’t source it, you were given it for free and I recall you saying at one point it was the only piece of furniture you had to sit in in the whole House when you first moved. So at least have the decency to put #gifted because we all know if this hadn’t had been a freebie it would never have entered Ourpanelledmess in the first place. Liar!!!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 42

Dotherighthing

Chatty Member
24756B93-B5D9-4B5F-8A7C-F0553B248DD1.jpeg

Post holiday overwhelm???? Is she for real???? What is so overwhelming?? She has no real job, no mortgage of her own and everything handed to her. They have a cleaner so I doubt she will even have post holiday laundry on her to do list today. Zanna can you help me out here- As the covid crisis continues and Afghans flee for their lives etc just what are you finding so overwhelming because I’m really struggling to relate to this post!!!!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 41

RobinsNest

Chatty Member
Has she ever said anything negative about something she’s been gifted? OF COURSE she’s raving about this hotel - it’s been gifted.
What is her audience? Privileged white middle class women with more money than sense?
My theory on this, from observing friends who are still Zanna fans and can't be persuaded otherwise, is that "middle class" doesn't mean what it once did. Middle class once meant nice cars, nice house, nice regular holidays. It meant only the man working while the woman looked after the house and could do hobbies and interests etc. You could walk into middle class by getting any slightly fancy job.

Now, middle class is stratified but we call it all middle class. People with traditional middle class jobs and income can no longer afford the middle class lifestyle. My husband and I were both super working class, got degrees, decent jobs and make more than our parents. But rent killed us, loan repayments are mad, and we haven't had a holiday in 5 years. We have shitty cars.

And a lot of our friends are like us. People who have lives where you'd call us middle class but can't afford the luxuries you once could.

Zanna is selling the middle class dream. A big house, nice cars, lots of holidays. She's appealing to middle class women to inspire them to buy "small" luxuries to emulate her lifestyle. She's saying hey buy this nice workout equipment and this nice gym gear to look like me- and that stuff isn't completely affordable, it's just most people have other responsibilities and can't spend like, £3k on a rowing machine, but she's encouraging you to think, hey it's not THAT much and I DESERVE it, so most people would put it on credit or drain their savings. For her it's nothing- IT'S FREE! So she doesn't need to talk about how much it cost, the realities of that, so her audience think it can't be too bad, it's normal.

Zanna is upper class. Firmly upper class. And people still want to strive for those things that our parents got to have, we're working harder than ever for less, and she presents an idea that you don't even have to work you just deserve these nice things and people fall for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

irunforfun

VIP Member
I am dumbfounded. Zanna’s story about the waste exhibition and how this is her company’s goal. Urm, why then did she redo an entire house with new stuff? Why does she travel the world all the time? Why does she accept all these freebies when they are just more waste? How can she not realise the hypocrisy?!?!

Reactions: 37

AlexandraHamilton

"I wouldn't recommend the Ritz Carlton for multitude of reasons I won't go into...don't want to be a negative Nancy
I think this just goes back to how she personally perceives criticism as the same as negativity. Most of us are here on the basis that she can't handle critiques / genuine constructive criticism & blocks people who don't match her world view. You can be critical without being a "negative nancy".

For example, Zanna...

A critical, but honest review could be:
"Though we had a lovely holiday, I personally wouldn't recommend X hotel as they didn't have a lot of vegan options which made it very difficult to get meals within the hotel, and this wasn't clear to us when we booked. We also had a problem with one staff member who briefly mislaid our luggage but we did manage to get that sorted out. Overall, considering what we paid, I don't think it's worth the price and I'd probably want to stay somewhere else if we came back"

A negative review could be more along the lines of:
"We absolutely hated everything from the plug sockets to the windows. The staff were really rude!!! Have they not HEARD of customer service?! The food was DISGUSTING as well. AWFUL hotel, zero stars."

I think if you are going to review hotels / give travel guides you need to give a balanced account so that people know what they are getting themselves in for and she can become a trusted source of information. Also given that this is the first holiday she has fully paid for in recent memory it does put a huge question mark on her honesty about how much she has enjoyed previous paid for stays.- she clearly only wants to write about "positive" content instead of well thought out, balanced content that has a point of view.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

QueenBW

VIP Member
She really thinks waking up at 5:30 am for no fucking reason at all is a personality trait.

Reactions: 36

AlexandraHamilton

But guys she HAS to travel it's *FOr hER JoB!*

Irony of posting about COP26 and then travelling the same week, honestly she literally has no shame

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 34

Cloff

VIP Member
Ho ho, this was actually quite fun. I work in SEO and procrastinating while watching a training video so thought I'd run Zanny's site through my Insights tool.

Untitled 19 - Look at the amount of volume for searches on "Zanna Van Dijk" - do we really believe that people search for her name on google 3600 times a month!?

Untitled 18 - Look at this very consistent traffic - most of my clients have lots of spikes and troughs based on what content has gone out that week etc. There is also no evidence of a "doubled amount of traffic since the relaunch 3 months ago". Zanna's blog has around 5500-5600 hits each month which is oddly very consistent.

Untitled 17 - So to explain this a little bit....Branded searches contain a name related to the site. E.g. Zanna Van Dijik when unbranded searches would be something like "shit travel guide". During May there were NO branded searches driving traffic to the site... even though there's "usually" 3600 searches for ZVD per month.

Conclusion.... Click farms. With the dip in May they would've been just directly logging on the the site instead of through a search on google which would explain why the traffic is still the same.

N.B. I've worked with several companies who hire shit SEO companies that do this and then get confused that they're not getting any sales. Maybe she's been stung or maybe she's just a big fat liar.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart

SpilledTea

That latest post of her finally led me to unfollow. She’s an incredibly thin, conventionally attractive woman and she knows it. There is zero brave about her model shots. It’s a massive insult to anyone who exists in other body types.

• Heart

Dotherighthing

Chatty Member
I bet the ‘multitude’ of reasons is really the fact they wouldn’t do a press discount or free stay so she had to actually pay for her own holiday!!

• Haha
  • Heart

peanutbuttercupp11

Chatty Member
20210930_174655.jpg

sann.a450 needs to come over to Tattle if they're not already here 😂 wonder how long till they and the people who liked their comments are blocked

• Haha

Wikiwangocard

VIP Member
"Proud of my legs for carrying me up a steep climb." Weird thing to say anyway but more so when she's allegedly a personal trainer who seems to exercise more than once a day most days.
Exactly! Everything is so strange with her.
Supposedly a personal trainer who excessively works out yet is surprised she manage a steep climb?
Is supposedly worried about sustainability yet needlessly rips out massive parts of her enormous house?
Promotes financial advice yet it would appear she doesn't even have a stake in her own house?
An eco warrior who thinks nothing of taking as many flights as possible?
Apparently only into a healthy diet yet she chugs down vile Monster drinks?
Asks questions and then blocks people who don't agree with her?
The woman is bizarre.

Reactions: 32

Truthslayer

VIP Member
I unfollowed a while ago - just saw on London Paleo Girl (now mrstessakelly)’s pregnancy announcement that Zanna posted ‘THE NEWS IS OUT’!! I absolutely hate it when people post shit like that, making it all about them and how they knew before everyone else. What a narcissist!!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Those hiking stories really hit a nerve with me.

so much talk about the pandemic being such an inconvenience because she had to rearrange hiking retreats. Read that again…..hiking retreats ffs.

no awareness of the impact COVID has had on tens/hundreds of thousands of families who have lost loved ones, people losing their jobs, those shielding on their own for months. I could go on.

I find her so obnoxious. She’s so patronising, and it comes from a place of immense privilege that she never discloses or addresses.

• Angry
Reactions: 31