Zanna van Dijk #13 new teeth, new face and her sustainability vanishing without a trace.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly couldn’t think of anything worse than these constant holidays. Sometimes you just want to be at home with a book.

I guess it must be a very lonely existence in the Panel Palace when you don’t have a job, you have a cleaner and all you’ve really got to do with your day is cook some food and go on a rowing machine.

Vapid.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I knew when they got their poor cat that this would happen and the cat would be forgotten about while she fucks off on holiday every week. She sucks.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
With all her flights, her carbon footprint is going to be far bigger than most peoples, so it's very hypocritical of her to talk about sustainability.

Reactions: 18
20210930_174655.jpg

sann.a450 needs to come over to Tattle if they're not already here 😂 wonder how long till they and the people who liked their comments are blocked

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Ffs! I wish influencers would stop calling it a press trip! You are NOT press! Have you studied journalism, no, are you a journalist, no!!!! She needs to be brought down!

Reactions: 21
The blue costume doesn't fit too well, does it? Picture from the stay wild swimIG
Screenshot_20210930-210243.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
Has she ever said anything negative about something she’s been gifted? OF COURSE she’s raving about this hotel - it’s been gifted.
What is her audience? Privileged white middle class women with more money than sense?

Reactions: 10
Has she ever said anything negative about something she’s been gifted? OF COURSE she’s raving about this hotel - it’s been gifted.
What is her audience? Privileged white middle class women with more money than sense?
My theory on this, from observing friends who are still Zanna fans and can't be persuaded otherwise, is that "middle class" doesn't mean what it once did. Middle class once meant nice cars, nice house, nice regular holidays. It meant only the man working while the woman looked after the house and could do hobbies and interests etc. You could walk into middle class by getting any slightly fancy job.

Now, middle class is stratified but we call it all middle class. People with traditional middle class jobs and income can no longer afford the middle class lifestyle. My husband and I were both super working class, got degrees, decent jobs and make more than our parents. But rent killed us, loan repayments are mad, and we haven't had a holiday in 5 years. We have crappy cars.

And a lot of our friends are like us. People who have lives where you'd call us middle class but can't afford the luxuries you once could.

Zanna is selling the middle class dream. A big house, nice cars, lots of holidays. She's appealing to middle class women to inspire them to buy "small" luxuries to emulate her lifestyle. She's saying hey buy this nice workout equipment and this nice gym gear to look like me- and that stuff isn't completely affordable, it's just most people have other responsibilities and can't spend like, £3k on a rowing machine, but she's encouraging you to think, hey it's not THAT much and I DESERVE it, so most people would put it on credit or drain their savings. For her it's nothing- IT'S FREE! So she doesn't need to talk about how much it cost, the realities of that, so her audience think it can't be too bad, it's normal.

Zanna is upper class. Firmly upper class. And people still want to strive for those things that our parents got to have, we're working harder than ever for less, and she presents an idea that you don't even have to work you just deserve these nice things and people fall for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
My theory on this, from observing friends who are still Zanna fans and can't be persuaded otherwise, is that "middle class" doesn't mean what it once did. Middle class once meant nice cars, nice house, nice regular holidays. It meant only the man working while the woman looked after the house and could do hobbies and interests etc. You could walk into middle class by getting any slightly fancy job.

Now, middle class is stratified but we call it all middle class. People with traditional middle class jobs and income can no longer afford the middle class lifestyle. My husband and I were both super working class, got degrees, decent jobs and make more than our parents. But rent killed us, loan repayments are mad, and we haven't had a holiday in 5 years. We have crappy cars.

And a lot of our friends are like us. People who have lives where you'd call us middle class but can't afford the luxuries you once could.

Zanna is selling the middle class dream. A big house, nice cars, lots of holidays. She's appealing to middle class women to inspire them to buy "small" luxuries to emulate her lifestyle. She's saying hey buy this nice workout equipment and this nice gym gear to look like me- and that stuff isn't completely affordable, it's just most people have other responsibilities and can't spend like, £3k on a rowing machine, but she's encouraging you to think, hey it's not THAT much and I DESERVE it, so most people would put it on credit or drain their savings. For her it's nothing- IT'S FREE! So she doesn't need to talk about how much it cost, the realities of that, so her audience think it can't be too bad, it's normal.

Zanna is upper class. Firmly upper class. And people still want to strive for those things that our parents got to have, we're working harder than ever for less, and she presents an idea that you don't even have to work you just deserve these nice things and people fall for it.
Nail on the head!!

Edit: that is not the gif I picked but I’ll go with it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Well put! I’d also love to hear more about people who follow/like Zanna. I cannot fathom anyone following her and genuinely liking her/thinking she’s a decent person. I follow a lot of women who are similar, but no one, no one on Instagram is as vapid, spoilt and disingenuous as her.

Reactions: 14
Well put! I’d also love to hear more about people who follow/like Zanna. I cannot fathom anyone following her and genuinely liking her/thinking she’s a decent person. I follow a lot of women who are similar, but no one, no one on Instagram is as vapid, spoilt and disingenuous as her.
Aw thanks!

I found her because I was looking for sustainable swimwear, and found Tattle looking up reviews of it! But I'd mentioned her to a group of friends and a couple were like, "OH I LOVE HER!"

From what they've said, and Iv'e seen them comment on her Instagram posts and add her posts to their stories, copying things like Morning Coffee Thoughts,I THINK the appeal is:

- These girls like the idea of health and fitness and that content online is either super buff crossfit girls, or influencers who don't know what they're doing they're just 19 and skinny. And my friends are neither. The number of people who are fit, work out, but are older and fitness isn't their whole lives is actually quite small. Zanna has placed herself perfectly, timed just right to capitalise on the "girl gains" thing. Just as my friends were getting into weightlifting, and working out, fed up of running to stay fit. They don't know enough to know she has no qualifications and her form is tit.

- She has nice things. There's no denying some of the stuff she has is nice, and it's stuff my friends like to look at.

- She has the "girl boss" thing down. Girl boss is a sham, but so many women are falling for it because we AREN'T PAID ENOUGH. We feel like we have to have a side hustle because we just aren't being paid well, and we can't afford the luxuries that our jobs once would have given us. She tells us she's a girl boss,then shows the fruits of her hustling and people just accept it.

My friends are smart people but they're working too hard, they're kind of fed up and dissolutioned so just don't put in the critical thinking to assess just how dreadful she is. They buy it because she is selling something a lot of women want. But people forget she has a super rich partner and a very very privileged upbringing that puts her at an advantage we dont' have, but she doesn't really talk about it so they ignore that truth.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
How you could even consider a gifted trip when Greece relies so heavily on tourism and has missed out on 2 full summer seasons because of covid AND you are a very high earner / cash rich is beyond me.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Okay so I’ve just watched the Santorini bits on Instagram and am really confused - I thought Zanna had gotten her teeth fixed to help with the speech issues but she still seems to be struggling with R’s and some pronunciation? This is not meant as a dig in any way, I’m literally just curious and know nothing about speech impediments!

Reactions: 2
Press trip my arse. She is such a greedy freeloading wanker. Love the sound of sann.a450 though 🤣
I just had a look and their stay would have cost in the region of £2500 for 5 nights!! Give these holidays to people who actually need them.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Aw thanks!

I found her because I was looking for sustainable swimwear, and found Tattle looking up reviews of it! But I'd mentioned her to a group of friends and a couple were like, "OH I LOVE HER!"

From what they've said, and Iv'e seen them comment on her Instagram posts and add her posts to their stories, copying things like Morning Coffee Thoughts,I THINK the appeal is:

- These girls like the idea of health and fitness and that content online is either super buff crossfit girls, or influencers who don't know what they're doing they're just 19 and skinny. And my friends are neither. The number of people who are fit, work out, but are older and fitness isn't their whole lives is actually quite small. Zanna has placed herself perfectly, timed just right to capitalise on the "girl gains" thing. Just as my friends were getting into weightlifting, and working out, fed up of running to stay fit. They don't know enough to know she has no qualifications and her form is tit.

- She has nice things. There's no denying some of the stuff she has is nice, and it's stuff my friends like to look at.

- She has the "girl boss" thing down. Girl boss is a sham, but so many women are falling for it because we AREN'T PAID ENOUGH. We feel like we have to have a side hustle because we just aren't being paid well, and we can't afford the luxuries that our jobs once would have given us. She tells us she's a girl boss,then shows the fruits of her hustling and people just accept it.

My friends are smart people but they're working too hard, they're kind of fed up and dissolutioned so just don't put in the critical thinking to assess just how dreadful she is. They buy it because she is selling something a lot of women want. But people forget she has a super rich partner and a very very privileged upbringing that puts her at an advantage we dont' have, but she doesn't really talk about it so they ignore that truth.
I take your points and see her appeal to younger girls. the girl boss thing though is a sham as you say. The reason i followed her aaages ago (I don’t now) is because she seemed to present good and useful home work outs. She has made a lot of cash from turning herself into an “instagrammer” via paid partnerships and generally doing well. She has however also got a rich family and a rich boyfriend who has bankrolled her lifestyle and portrayed her as an aspirational homeowner as well as the fitness stuff. This has meant she can start “her own business” which she’s managed to portray to these young girls as this “CEO persona”. It’s frustrating because anyone without her platform and living in a millionaires mansion in Surrey would not be able to start such a business. I can’t even comprehend how much spare cash she must have which she can put towards her own endeavours - the mortgage I imagine covered by Ant, ripping out perfectly good bathrooms and hiring a designer to fully re-do that mansion - would have cost into the £100k range. And don’t even get me started on how her business is focused on sustainability yet she’s fucked off on more overseas trips this year than the coronavirus…

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.