Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lexlurker

In the past I couldn’t stand Joanne, I knew a few people who had occasional cameos on FS who knew her and most of the Dublin cast, there’s a few degrees of separation and we never personally met so I don’t actually know her. Her voice grated on me when I’d see her on the odd comedy panel and I just didn’t find her in any way funny.
I was so surprised by how much I laughed and enjoyed her humour when I gave the podcast a go. I was in tears listening to the early episodes. I always remember there was one about someone laughing so much listening to the pod they were knocked down crossing the road. I was driving to a covid test centre and had to pull over, I was absolutely shaking. It was just so fresh and brilliant. It hasn’t lasted the test of time. Joanne is doing well career wise now and they’re two different people. I don’t remember the last time I’ve found the pod truly funny.
The friendship was so lovely and it was very obvious Vogue protected and cared for Joanne.
It’s actually what made me warm to Vogue in the first place.
She seemed to give Joanne open access to food, shelter and tbh live in the lap of luxury for free when she needed it. Also to be a part of a family when living away from home in a shit apartment must’ve felt so nice. She seems to lift Joanne and boost her and I found that very sweet.
There was a real warmth there and that has been missing for ages. J seems to barely tolerate V, it reminds me so much of when a friend I had started to turn on me, jibes that were previously jokes became more pointed and more hurtful but i laughed my way through it because my friend seemed to be in a bit of a Joanne situation herself.
I’m not sure if Joanne’s new attitude is down to exhaustion, her boyfriend being a bit of an ass putting her down as being attainable, burnout from a successful tour or if she’s actually at the bottom of it all, just rather unpleasant and selfish and feels she deserves all she’s been given by vogue and more.
There’s just no way, no matter how busy your schedule you’d book skin and christening on the same day. You wouldn’t! Even the laser on her eyes.
The pod will continue on as will the Joanne and vogue ‘we’re fiiiiiiiine’ narrative, it’s past it’s best and it’s hard to believe Joanne is as sound as we once thought.
This chat is defo not hurting the listening figures I’d just worry about Joanne.
Boyfriend gives off BAD vibes. Nothing to base it on only what she says on the pod though!

• Heart
Reactions: 38

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
I could see Joanne and Vogue doing celebrity gogglebox. I’d say if they haven’t already been approached they will eventually

• Heart
Reactions: 35

forgotmyacc

VIP Member
Wasn't gonna say this but fuck it I am.

Prada Peter was there at the show last night. He stood on the balcony talking SO loudly to his mate and texting on his phone. Was so fucking loud and distracting. Rude prick.

• Wow
Reactions: 32

NoseyNiamh

VIP Member
I hope she sees this thread tbh. I wouldn’t want her to feel bad about herself but she needs to see sense before she ends up ruining the good thing she has worked so hard for
I agree, looks wise, she normally looks amazing! Remember the pic she put up recently with her and Alan, she was absolutely stunning. So if she is reading I hope she doesn't think we are attacking her looks when she was at the christening. The issue was it looked like she was dragged through every bush in Battersby Park beforehand and then stopped at a charity shop with two minutes to spare and grabbed the first outfit she could find!

I also love to see a woman thrive, irish comedy needs more women and Joanne is paving the way for newcomers. She should be so proud of her success but she also needs to look after herself, she's ready for full scale burn out! All her success could end as quickly as it started

People may not like Vogue but she did help Joanne out massively when she arrived in London and integrated her with her friends and family. They were both distant acquaintances in Ireland and just linked through a couple of mutual friends. But Vogue really took her under her wing. The least Joanne could of done was show up for a christening!

Also side note ... solphadine in a Yop!! Cop on Joanne

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
Good Lord vogue is being slated on the daily mail and some very unsavoury comments about her children. This is exactly why she shouldn’t put them all over social media- I wish she’d be more careful. Tonnes of celebs have high media presence without selling their childrens souls. I think she reaps what she sows. She won’t like what she reads for sure! It’s like self sabotage.
The people who write nasty comments about children on these articles are beyond pathetic.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

lunchable

Chatty Member
Can we keep the threads together please I quite like that this is the first one I’ve been on that people don’t snap at each other for daring to deviate from either harsh criticism on normal threads or glowing praise on rave threads. People actually talk like adults here and have interesting discussions 😂 I’m yet to see a ‘bit of everything’ section for threads but I like this, I like that there’s a middle ground and it isn’t limited to just ripping into them for breathing or singing their praises like they can do no wrong

• Heart
Reactions: 29

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
She could have ignored it and no one would be any the wiser! Fair dues to her for addressing it. Joanne is a very honest person and I like that about her.

Reactions: 29

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
If I’m invited to a wedding/christening/ any kind of social event, my whole day is dedicated to that event even if it’s something I don’t particularly want to go to. I wouldn’t dream of getting Botox on the day of and then being such a mess that I turn up scruffy and miss the whole thing. I’d be weeks looking for an outfit and planning my appointments for hair and nails and I’m a regular Joe soap whose pics won’t end up being viewed by millions, and potentially in the same vicinity as Pippa Middleton! She really needs to have a look at herself. She used to be so relatable but doing that to Vogue was so hurtful and just showed the lack of respect she has towards her

• Heart
Reactions: 28

LittleLen

Chatty Member
I swear to god I'm not hearing what everyone else is claiming they hear during this podcast 😂

'awkward' 'Joanne hates Vogue' 'snapping at each other' 'Joanne taking delight in saying mean things about Vogue'

The lot of you are heavily projecting on this podcast and hearing what you want to hear

LishaLisha

The thing about the email today ...who has a pre wedding party over here, is that not an American thing? Plus chances are the friend could also be a listener!
Pringies was the best, still makes me laugh!
I’ll never not laugh when thinking about Joanne saying COM-bat-aTIVE ala Damien Dempsey … so so so funny

• Haha

Deevee47

VIP Member
I listened too and was soooo disappointed in Joanne. She knows how important a role it is and as much as I am not a mad fan of vogue’s she has been very supportive of Joanne - letting her stay in her home etc she seems like a right mess at the moment. I do genuinely think she’s being worked to the bone which is making her scatty behaviour so much worse.
I would be gutted if my friend didn’t turn up to be Godmother to our child -but managed to fit in profilo, botox and wine!!!!?!?
then going along for the craic and a free lunch when she could have got her passport then. It makes me sad actually. Vogue must have felt let down and I’m sure the family and friends were all shaking their heads. Not cool Joanne, not cool.

Reactions: 27

NoseyNiamh

VIP Member
Sorry to derail but any good podcast recommendations?
Depends what you're into, I've been a loyal listener of Hollywood Crime Scene since they started, they do deep dives on Hollywood crimes and scandals, they are two friends and they are hilarious.
Trashy Divorces is another great one if you like a bit of celebrity tea!
If you're into true crime, the following are great:
Seeing Red
Crimeland
Red Handed (very woke but the research is great)
Killers, Cults & Queens
Twisted Britain
They Walk Among Us

If you like Lifetime movies, Mother May I Sleep with Podcast is great

And if Law and Order is your thing, SVU Pod:Especially Heinous or That's Messed Up 👌👌

Don't judge, I live alone, I'm single, childless and work from home, podcasts keep me sane! 🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 25

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
I wonder is she on the bag? She has all the hallmarks of a friend I used to have, totally chaotic and couldn’t get her shit together and completely addicted to the snow. Sure she has to be on something to keep her fuelled

Reactions: 25

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
I just made an account because I’ve just seen that they’re dating. I dated Alan before him and Joanne must have gotten together and you’ve hit the nail on the head with your comment!

He was unemployed when I was dating him in February/ March of this year anyway.
Any more tea, I’ve the kettle on 🫖

• Haha
Reactions: 24

lunchable

Chatty Member
Ok honestly why does anyone give a shaky shite what Pippa Middleton or any other snotty elite Brit thinks why does she even come into it that whole sect of society is not someone to look for admiration from I feel like I’m taking crazy pills every time someone says ‘Oh but what would Pippa think’ 😵💫😵💫😵💫 apologies I did previously say I’d bite my tongue cos I’m like a broken record but it just baffles me

• Heart

heyyyyitsme

Chatty Member
Love their pod, it was my best pal during the start of my maternity leave when I went on a million walks a day 😆 But then I heard from a friend of mine that a gang of them went to her gig and they were all pissed, Joanne went over to them àfter the show thinking they were all on the ❄ and she asked for some (they weren't, just very very drunk 🤣). I was surprised and not surprised when I heard that but it kind of turned me 🙈 I'm by no means naive on what happens in showbiz land but I was just a bit urgh when I heard! Would still love to go on the sess with her tho 😆
I'd be more shocked to hear anyone working the amount she is at the moment isn't on the sneachta, but asking randoms for it? That's what Gearoid is for.

• Haha