Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

littlepup

VIP Member
UO this is not behaviour we should be encouraging in children - it isn’t harmless fun.
Privacy should be guarded and kids shouldn’t have to face having their adolescent thoughts come back to haunt them by being recorded for all to see.
80927173-2810-4FD4-8C44-0231111B2F98.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 82

monga

VIP Member
People that label their babies mini influencers with over 160k followers and dress them like this shouldn’t be allowed to parent.
40F164D9-2EFD-4E3F-A110-9A0B5F4F41B6.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 59

strawb

VIP Member
People who try shove wokeness into anything are well annoying. I lent my friend a book and she has started reading it but said it has already been ruined by one of her friends who said it 'wasn't diverse enough'. I told her it was written by a white woman about her own experiences so there's not much you can do about it. Can't diversify real life.

Must be a sad way to go about your life picking up any little thing about that in any form of media. (Luckily my friend agreed and said she'll put it out of her mind)
i completely agree it's so annoying. a friend was visiting me in my hometown and we saw a man carrying a bunch of flowers. i said 'oh how nice he's bringing flowers for his wife'. she immediately said 'OR HUSBAND!!'
no, i literally know him and he has a wife

• Haha
Reactions: 57
My op today is that fake nails are chavey as fuck. You get extra chavtastic points for getting them done in a slave-bar, and even more points if you leave your feral kids waiting outside unsupervised.

Like why pick your kids up from school then go get your nails done Just go while they're at school.

• Haha
Reactions: 56

bananabutter

VIP Member
The expectation of trigger warnings around pregnancy announcements 🙄🙄

I’m very sorry if you cannot conceive naturally, you have my every sympathy it must be difficult but you cannot expect everyone else to censor sharing their news to family members and friends online or expressing their joy on what is such a massive moment in life.

It’s arrogant in my opinion. Do we hide alcohol away in Tesco’s because alcoholics exist? Do we take the calories off food packets in case of those with eating disorders? No. Recognise that something is a sore subject for you and take steps to deal with it instead of expecting the whole world to accommodate you.

• Heart
Reactions: 53

Warpaint

VIP Member
People who try shove wokeness into anything are well annoying. I lent my friend a book and she has started reading it but said it has already been ruined by one of her friends who said it 'wasn't diverse enough'. I told her it was written by a white woman about her own experiences so there's not much you can do about it. Can't diversify real life.

Must be a sad way to go about your life picking up any little thing about that in any form of media. (Luckily my friend agreed and said she'll put it out of her mind)

• Wow
Reactions: 45

Delihla

I don't think Elle Darby deserves the shit she's getting and I don't agree that she needs to be cancelled. I've never even heard of her but if you want to tell me you didn't say dumb shit at 16 then you are a LIAR!
I was a mean girl and I thank god every day that social media wasn't around when I was younger. I cringe at all the horrible shit I said. I'm not on twitter but from everything I hear and see it is a cesspit
Im not too sure about this tbh, I’ve pretty much had social media my whole life, from MySpace and Bebo days 😂 Yes I’ve said dumb shit, had opinions that have changed, worn very VERY questionable outfits etc There is nothing racist or homophobic on my old pages though, I guarantee it.

Reactions: 44

littlepup

VIP Member
Re Caroline Flack - the girl had issues, she’d already had a suicide attempt before she was famous as a result of a relationship ending. To claim it was all because of the press is unfair. She sought out the bad press too. She shouldn’t have been in that field of work given her fragility. Same as Jessy from Little Mix, she should retire, it’s not worth the mental health implications at this stage. She’s hardly Avicii (who should also have walked away)

Reactions: 44

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
Penny pinching.
Can't bare attitudes like 'it costs 10p to leave your lights on overnight' etc. Really? That's cheap I'll leave them all on 24/7 :D and I do.
I don't know how much my bills are because it's mind numbingly boring to think about.
Heating is essential and idc how much it cost, its on all year because I need to be comfortable and healthy and with the lighting, I need to see in the dark. That 10p will be well spent avoiding potentially fatal accidents.
I won't replace furnishings unless they're completely done but once they do need replaced and that money is spent, it's gone and I don't think about it for a second. You can't take your money to the grave, get it spent bc you might be dead tomorrow.
Petrol? How much is it? Fuck knows, I fill the car up when it's getting empty. It's an essential. The cost of living always goes up, never down, why stress? 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

Pinkii

VIP Member
This might annoy some but if you find things triggering thats YOUR problem, don’t go on a forum and try and dictate what people should/shouldn’t discuss because its triggering

So fucking annoyed going on different threads and being dictated on what can and can’t be discussed.

just leave the bloody thread or internet.

Lots of things I find difficult to read about but I wouldn’t dream of telling people what to talk about, its my issue not anyone else’s

• Heart
Reactions: 40

littlepup

VIP Member
I prefer the term ‘took their own life’. I’ve no idea if it’s PC but it seems less accusative to me.

I also agree for most depression is a chemical imbalance. You wouldn’t try to ‘mind over matter’ diabetes or anaemia so why do people think you can do it for depression.
For those who have experienced trauma leading to depression, there should be a distinction. And I believe you can be helped by working through the trauma and finding ways to understand it.

Another UO - I know a woman who is at the top in their field. They are lauded in the top10 women in the industry, sits on a board for identifying other promising females etc and gives talks on gender equality and the difficulties of being a woman in industry and overcoming the challenges.
Except they used to be a man. They got to the top when they were a man and have transitioned since.
I have no issue with how anyone wants to identify or present themselves and I’m sure they could teach me a great deal about their experience but I do have issue with a man telling me about what it’s like to be a woman because they’ve been one for 5 minutes and diverting the credit from women who’ve had to struggle their whole lives in a male dominated industry.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
These cunts that write hacks about saving money on the weekly shop. 'Tracey is a 48 year old Mother of 32 kids who has managed to cut down her weekly food shop to £2.40 by batch cooking and freezing meals up to 9 months in advance'. I mean who has the TIME or inclination??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

Ruby’s mum

VIP Member
I am sick of people trying to armchair diagnose everyone with autism or "being on the spectrum." Behaviour that would previously have been seen as rude or a bit insensitive is now judged to be a "lack of empathy" and therefore a sign of autism. Someone recently asked if my mother is autistic because she's very sensitive to smells ... no, she just has a nose like a bloodhound and likes to complain
Likewise, some children are just badly behaved little shits who did not have effective parenting or any discipline or boundaries. They are not all ‘on the spectrum’

Reactions: 36
I am sick of people trying to armchair diagnose everyone with autism or "being on the spectrum." Behaviour that would previously have been seen as rude or a bit insensitive is now judged to be a "lack of empathy" and therefore a sign of autism. Someone recently asked if my mother is autistic because she's very sensitive to smells ... no, she just has a nose like a bloodhound and likes to complain

• Haha

VC10

VIP Member
As I've got older, I get more anti - whatever. I'm stuck in my ways and I don't fecking care & so bollox to PC- Ness, woke - Ness and people screeching at me about saving the planet.

I like my car
I like my gas central heating
I like my holiday once every two years
I like sandwiches in cellophane wrappers
I like grilling bacon for sandwiches

I'll be dead in 25 yrs time, so fuck them 😀😀

• Haha

Warpaint

VIP Member
On here, I don't get why people put others on ignore. If I disagree with someone I want a 10 page slog where the other person gets banned at the end.

• Haha