Unpopular Opinions #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Penny pinching.
Can't bare attitudes like 'it costs 10p to leave your lights on overnight' etc. Really? That's cheap I'll leave them all on 24/7 :D and I do.
I don't know how much my bills are because it's mind numbingly boring to think about.
Heating is essential and idc how much it cost, its on all year because I need to be comfortable and healthy and with the lighting, I need to see in the dark. That 10p will be well spent avoiding potentially fatal accidents.
I won't replace furnishings unless they're completely done but once they do need replaced and that money is spent, it's gone and I don't think about it for a second. You can't take your money to the grave, get it spent bc you might be dead tomorrow.
Petrol? How much is it? duck knows, I fill the car up when it's getting empty. It's an essential. The cost of living always goes up, never down, why stress? 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Penny pinching.
Can't bare attitudes like 'it costs 10p to leave your lights on overnight' etc. Really? That's cheap I'll leave them all on 24/7 :D and I do.
I don't know how much my bills are because it's mind numbingly boring to think about.
Heating is essential and idc how much it cost, its on all year because I need to be comfortable and healthy and with the lighting, I need to see in the dark. That 10p will be well spent avoiding potentially fatal accidents.
I won't replace furnishings unless they're completely done but once they do need replaced and that money is spent, it's gone and I don't think about it for a second. You can't take your money to the grave, get it spent bc you might be dead tomorrow.
Petrol? How much is it? duck knows, I fill the car up when it's getting empty. It's an essential. The cost of living always goes up, never down, why stress? 🤷‍♀️
Yep. Agree with all points.

Why walk all over Town to save a £1? It costs you in shoes........ false economy.
I have nightlights on all night , and the heating is on all the time. I ache in the cold; it's there for my comfort. Things cost money- no point in penny-pinching over it. Things have always cost money. I'm the same with the cars. The tanks low- fill it up. That's what it costs this time around. I'm not not going to use the car because of the petrol cost that particular month?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
If people can afford these things but are just tight and scrimping, I get it. But accounting for things to the literal penny is a way of life for too many. I know my incoming and outgoing to the penny cos we are always skint and struggling 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Cauliflower cheese does not belong on a roast dinner. Gravy needs to be allowed to do its thing everywhere and it just doesn’t go.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Fake Tan... orange is not a natural skin colour.. wtf do you want to go round looking like someone's stuck a satsuma on your shoulders?

If people can afford these things but are just tight and scrimping, I get it. But accounting for things to the literal penny is a way of life for too many. I know my incoming and outgoing to the penny cos we are always skint and struggling 😂
Exactly the 2 posters above are lucky to live in such privilege that they can afford to have such a cavalier attitude to money. I am glad for them that they are not struggling but some of us are

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Penny pinching.
Same in every way, I hate people who turn the heating down a notch or turn off every light. I find it very uncomfortable in my daughter's house as its never quite warm enough.. she works in fingerless gloves etc duck that .. My childhood was like that I am an adult and if I want to leave lights on, wear shoes indoors I will. don't tell me I'm wasting money or my carpets will get dirty. I don't care because I like warmth and light, I also don't know how much petrol is

The last time I see my sister happy and healthy her words to me as I went in for a hug were "SHOES!!!" not the greatest memory, would rather "missed you sis, *hug* now get your shoes off" She died not long after and her carpets were still there. to remind me

Many people who try to save via heating and lights will think nothing of spending what they believe they are saving on crappy coffee while out. Stuff that coffee too. I will wait till I get home to eat and drink unless a family get together,

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Cauliflower cheese does not belong on a roast dinner. Gravy needs to be allowed to do its thing everywhere and it just doesn’t go.
not with you on the gravy.. but here's one Yorkshire puddings on a Christmas dinner.. just don't go. I don't like them personally.. probably because I am not a fan of gravy but Yorkshires are just a beef accompaniment.. doesnt go with Turkey...or even chicken

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
not with you on the gravy.. but here's one Yorkshire puddings on a Christmas dinner.. just don't go. I don't like them personally.. probably because I am not a fan of gravy but that's just a beef accompaniment.. doesnt go with Turkey...or even chicken
Yorkshire puddings go with everything. I don't know who came up with this weird rule that they are only for beef - but it wasn't the people of Yorkshire.

I personally like them with fish and parsley sause.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Talking about roast dinners. Ketchup is essential for the roast potatoes. Don’t spoil it by putting gravy on them. It just makes them soggy 🥲

Yorksire pudding is a CON! My utter disappointed when presented with one because I thought it was pudding.

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Talking about roast dinners. Ketchup is essential for the roast potatoes. Don’t spoil it by putting gravy on them. It just makes them soggy 🥲

Yorksire pudding is a CON! My utter disappointed when presented with one because I thought it was pudding.
nope.. NO Ketchup on roast potatoes.. that would make them soggy too. The only thing a good crispy roast potato needs is a slight scattering of sea salt

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I really can’t eat sweetcorn any more since someone told me it comes out the other end looking the same😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.