Unpopular Opinions #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread number 13 ... unlucky for some.Carry on with the Unpopular opinions.

Last talking about Molly Mae Hague and her inspirational rise to the top. ;)

Reactions: 3
Has anyone here ever met anyone who is continually contradictory and always has drama in their life and seems determined to find something to whinge about in everything?

I have been social media friends with a guy in NY who is a playwright for the last 3 years but during the pandemic he has become insufferable.. he moans continually about having no money and posting his Venmo and kickstarting to pay his rent etc while cooking joints of meat and fancy cakes and buying endless pointless nicknacks such as wooden dolls and cushions and watching Broadway shows. When he does find work his jobs last 1 day before he can't hack it.. he's worked a shift in a care home.. it upset him too much and did some babysitting where he quit because apparently the kids bullied him and made him cry because they called him fat,= so again he's begging for money..

I've been on the verge of throwing in the towel with him for ages now and I think he's just about done it... it's a beautiful snowy day in New York today and he's posted a nice photo on FB accompanied by a complete whinge about how he hates snow in NYC and wants it to go away... i commented that at least it means people will be staying inside and not spreading Covid (one of the things he regularly rants about is Covid and people going out and not mask wearing etc_ ) thinking oh that will make him look on the bright side.. NOPE he comments back that people have to go to work so my comment is pretty irrelevant..

I GIVE UP . Yes I know people have to go to work DUMBASS. My BF and I are about to go to his work in this for the next three nights. Besides showing people to their seats in a low rent budget theater production barely counts as work especially as he's again done 1 shift there so far...lets have a sweepstake on when he jacks this one in lol

sooooo My unpopular opinion is... I LOVE it when it snows in New York!

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Re Caroline Flack - the girl had issues, she’d already had a suicide attempt before she was famous as a result of a relationship ending. To claim it was all because of the press is unfair. She sought out the bad press too. She shouldn’t have been in that field of work given her fragility. Same as Jessy from Little Mix, she should retire, it’s not worth the mental health implications at this stage. She’s hardly Avicii (who should also have walked away)

Reactions: 44
My op today is that fake nails are chavey as duck. You get extra chavtastic points for getting them done in a slave-bar, and even more points if you leave your feral kids waiting outside unsupervised.

Like why pick your kids up from school then go get your nails done Just go while they're at school.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
UO this is not behaviour we should be encouraging in children - it isn’t harmless fun.
Privacy should be guarded and kids shouldn’t have to face having their adolescent thoughts come back to haunt them by being recorded for all to see.
80927173-2810-4FD4-8C44-0231111B2F98.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 82
My op today is that fake nails are chavey as duck. You get extra chavtastic points for getting them done in a slave-bar, and even more points if you leave your feral kids waiting outside unsupervised.

Like why pick your kids up from school then go get your nails done Just go while they're at school.
A slave bar??

Reactions: 3
Has anyone here ever met anyone who is continually contradictory and always has drama in their life and seems determined to find something to whinge about in everything?

I have been social media friends with a guy in NY who is a playwright for the last 3 years but during the pandemic he has become insufferable.. he moans continually about having no money and posting his Venmo and kickstarting to pay his rent etc while cooking joints of meat and fancy cakes and buying endless pointless nicknacks such as wooden dolls and cushions and watching Broadway shows. When he does find work his jobs last 1 day before he can't hack it.. he's worked a shift in a care home.. it upset him too much and did some babysitting where he quit because apparently the kids bullied him and made him cry because they called him fat,= so again he's begging for money..

I've been on the verge of throwing in the towel with him for ages now and I think he's just about done it... it's a beautiful snowy day in New York today and he's posted a nice photo on FB accompanied by a complete whinge about how he hates snow in NYC and wants it to go away... i commented that at least it means people will be staying inside and not spreading Covid (one of the things he regularly rants about is Covid and people going out and not mask wearing etc_ ) thinking oh that will make him look on the bright side.. NOPE he comments back that people have to go to work so my comment is pretty irrelevant..

I GIVE UP . Yes I know people have to go to work DUMBASS. My BF and I are about to go to his work in this for the next three nights. Besides showing people to their seats in a low rent budget theater production barely counts as work especially as he's again done 1 shift there so far...lets have a sweepstake on when he jacks this one in lol

Aw gawd I cant stand people like that. Vacuum drainers. Drain lightheartedness, drain optimism, Drain happiness.

Keep at arms length! I have an old mate like that but only interact with him ' at arms length ' when it suits. Anything more is exhausting

Reactions: 10
UO this is not behaviour we should be encouraging in children - it isn’t harmless fun.
Privacy should be guarded and kids shouldn’t have to face having their adolescent thoughts come back to haunt them by being recorded for all to see.
View attachment 972520

This is so awful that if I dont laugh I'll cry 😂

Just how it's all quaint and old-fashioned being wooden but instead of a train set, it's cool! It's for the 21st century- preparing your kid for the career of being an Instagram bleep influencer.

I cant fully explain why it pisses me off so much, all I know is I actually hate the toy 'designer' who made this.

• Haha
Reactions: 27

What is a slave bar?

This is so awful that if I dont laugh I'll cry 😂

Just how it's all quaint and old-fashioned being wooden but instead of a train set, it's cool! It's for the 21st century- preparing your kid for the career of being an Instagram bleep influencer.

I cant fully explain why it pisses me off so much, all I know is I actually hate the toy 'designer' who made this.
In my experience children prefer the ‘old fashioned’ type toys like train sets. If I gave this to one of my nieces or nephews they wouldn’t use it as an influencer toy but as a photographer, singer, use the chalk phone thing to play restaurants etc. Such a waste.

Reactions: 8
Aw gawd I cant stand people like that. Vacuum drainers. Drain lightheartedness, drain optimism, Drain happiness.

Keep at arms length! I have an old mate like that but only interact with him ' at arms length ' when it suits. Anything more is exhausting
Exactly.. it's so draining. He had the gall to post to one of his social media buddies once asking why they followed him if they were so negative.. he's such an energy drain and a leech that I cannot see how some of his friends put up with him or spend lots of money flying to NYC and taking him to the theater or sending a box of birthday gifts bigger than our desk chair.. On top of this as far as I can recollect he has never once commented or interacted with any of my posts on any platform - aside from the one time at the start of the pandemic when he offered to send me some books to cheer me up etc.. needless to say that didn't happen. He is so me me me. its unreal. Not a comment of sympathy or congratulations etc have I ever had not even when he must have had the FB birthday prompt..and believe me if there was anyone with something to moan about all the time It would be me who is generally in a much worse off position than he but do i? NO i eat cheap ramen and shut the eff up..

Reactions: 2
Exactly.. it's so draining. He had the gall to post to one of his social media buddies once asking why they followed him if they were so negative.. he's such an energy drain and a leech that I cannot see how some of his friends put up with him or spend lots of money flying to NYC and taking him to the theater or sending a box of birthday gifts bigger than our desk chair.. On top of this as far as I can recollect he has never once commented or interacted with any of my posts on any platform - aside from the one time at the start of the pandemic when he offered to send me some books to cheer me up etc.. needless to say that didn't happen. He is so me me me. its unreal. Not a comment of sympathy or congratulations etc have I ever had not even when he must have had the FB birthday prompt..and believe me if there was anyone with something to moan about all the time It would be me who is generally in a much worse off position than he but do i? NO i eat cheap ramen and shut the eff up..
Honestly this kind of behaviour is most of the reason I've just walked away from most of my old social media accounts like Facebook. People live their lives on there and are so demanding of your time and emotion and energy, yet they give you nothing back. Leeches.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

The image of the tortured artist seems so glamorous when imagining some Byronic Romantic poet of the nineteenth century. As usual, real life doesn't live up! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I don't think Elle Darby deserves the tit she's getting and I don't agree that she needs to be cancelled. I've never even heard of her but if you want to tell me you didn't say dumb tit at 16 then you are a LIAR!
I was a mean girl and I thank god every day that social media wasn't around when I was younger. I cringe at all the horrible tit I said. I'm not on twitter but from everything I hear and see it is a cesspit

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
UO but I never took to Caroline Flack when she was living and couldn't get on the massive media hype after her death. To me she seemed like a toxic drama queen and her behaviour questionable. Sleeping with Harry Styles with the large age gap and anusing her boyfriend of it had been a man would be a completely different narrative. Seemed the usual bandwagon brigade with #bekind same as people who jumped on #metoo and took away the seriousness of it for genuine victims.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.