Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
Friends of ours are getting married soon. Our invite says:

"With all that we have, we've truly been blessed
Your presence and prayers are all that we request
But should you wish to give nonetheless
Monetary gifts are the one we'd suggest"

Cheeky fuckers!!! :mad:
We actually got given bank details on a wedding invite we received. Fucking bank details!
Did we pay in? Did we fuck

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I don't think Elle Darby deserves the shit she's getting and I don't agree that she needs to be cancelled. I've never even heard of her but if you want to tell me you didn't say dumb shit at 16 then you are a LIAR!
I was a mean girl and I thank god every day that social media wasn't around when I was younger. I cringe at all the horrible shit I said. I'm not on twitter but from everything I hear and see it is a cesspit
oh for god sake have you seen her bile.
“Dumb shit” hardly represents what she regularly tweeted and continued doing 5 years ago.
she deserves to be called out on it. And nobody is ever cancelled.
Be as big a bitch as you want online, racist, animal abuse, fatphobic, whatever, but don’t then try and play “girl next door/everyone’s online best friend” and profit from it.

Definitely said dumb and probably unintentionally racist stuff but never said I hate a whole group of people just because of their nationality. It's also the sheer volume of those tweets that makes it worse. I think she deserves it, tired of shite people being popular for nothing

Didn't sound sincere. Standard influencer apology of "I'm sorry I've been called out"
exactly!!!!!!

similarly are all these options to opt out of advertising for certain events during the year...such as Mothers or Fathers Day, Easter ....even Christmas!
Ive just received email from Thortful Cards about option to opt out of receiving Valentines Day advertising 😀 i mean does anyone really get that het up about receiving/ not receiving a Valentine Card other than Teenagers from their crush.
i get certain days must be upsetting if youve lost a parent but before the days of social media people seemed to be able just accept these events still apply to others and didnt take it as a personal attack on their circumstances
Yes, or when single mothers hijack father's day. It's not all about you, love. Good fathers don't deserve to have their thunder stolen.

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
Tonight I'm having honey glazed gammon roast potatoes Brussel sprouts cauliflower cheese parsnips and Yorkshire puddings 😋 all the Xmas leftovers from freezer.

I have yorkshire puddings with any meat on a Sunday LOVE THEM.

Agree with some points about penny pinching more towards people who are cheap for sake of it ie. someone with a decent income no debt etc that can afford to not live in a freezing house with no lights on living miserably to save a few pounds. Its different from people who genuinely can't afford it.

I know my bills to the penny so I can budget to afford them all and not have to scrimp and afford basics etc. Will always get those misers that make themselves live in poverty and misery to leave XXX amount cash when they die. Like mate get the heating and kettle on 😂
My uncle never turned the heating on or a light, slept in his coat, sat in the betting shop all day for a warm (never a bet) and lived on poundland sandwiches.

He died last year and we were shocked to discover he had savings to the tune of 6 figures (and a lot of pens from the betting shop) ☹

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Interesting articles in the last few days about Hollywood "Going woke, going broke" and how the inability of straight white men to even get an interview is probably going to end in a class action law suit. Apparently the staffing quotas and guidelines about topics are set, and if you don't play ball your film or series is automatically barred from winning certain industry awards etc.

I think this new trend for using light-hearted entertainment to raise awareness about perceived social or political injustices is kind of an echo chamber or an Emperor's new clothes situation. Everyone is too afraid to say "You know what, this film / series we have made is actually preachy boring bullshit that no one is going to like. I think we should write something interesting, funny and relevant, and fuck who it offends."

I'm still waiting for that brave soul to turn up in Hollywood/ Netflix or the BBC production teams!
My husband writes scripts as a hobby. He's recently written a full film that's pretty good. He wanted to enter it into a competition, but many won't accept applications from straight white men and the ones that do won't even consider letting a script by a straight white man win.

Hows that fair. He also grew up poor in a shitty little village up north. So it's not like he can use his "white male privileged" to get a foot in the door. I know he is privileged in some ways for being a SWM, and he probably wouldn't be where he was if he wasn't. But I still don't think it's fair he can't even be considered for certain things.

This country has more of a class problem than a sexuality or race problem. Look at TV, it's all people who are connected through relatives or friendsoor connection made through private schools.

It should be about getting talent through from people who aren't from rich and/or connected families.

• Heart

PatxButchersxEarings

Just grab something from their shopping and chuck it under the belt with the bags, that’ll learn ‘em😆
I shop in Aldi and usually always offer to let anyone with a basket to nip on front of me as it gives me more time to load my stuff on the belt before the ninja checkout staff start scanning.

But once a woman didn't ask she just walked in front of me as I started loading up. Asked her what she was doing 'I've only got a few things I'll go in front' eh no you won't back to the end of the queue lady.

• Haha
  • Wow

Crabbypatty00

Chatty Member
I think white privilege is a ridiculous phrase that belongs in the fucking bin with the rest of the ideas generated by BLM.

Indian students feature hugely disproportionately in getting the best GCSEs, A Levels, highest level university courses and professional roles in medicine etc.

It must be that famous brown privilege we hear so much about, or perhaps just maybe they come from a culture which respects education and sets high expectations for their children, which sets them up for life with an ethos of hard work and success.

• Heart
UO this is not behaviour we should be encouraging in children - it isn’t harmless fun.
Privacy should be guarded and kids shouldn’t have to face having their adolescent thoughts come back to haunt them by being recorded for all to see.
View attachment 972520

This is so awful that if I dont laugh I'll cry 😂

Just how it's all quaint and old-fashioned being wooden but instead of a train set, it's cool! It's for the 21st century- preparing your kid for the career of being an Instagram whore influencer.

I cant fully explain why it pisses me off so much, all I know is I actually hate the toy 'designer' who made this.

• Haha

PatxButchersxEarings

That I didn’t know about! How disappointing and gross 🤮
A member of the Bank B2K accused the manager (Marques married his daughter) also mentioned Marques and few other boys accused him. Even with his wife he comes across as a predator to me.

Likewise, some children are just badly behaved little shits who did not have effective parenting or any discipline or boundaries. They are not all ‘on the spectrum’
My absolute PET HATE! Someone I know constantly says her daughter is being tested for autism and has been since 10 - 13. She isn't, she hasn't, she's just a horrible little girl because the mother is too busy smoking hash and using her own PIP money to get fillers and weave to discipline her.

Wow sorry for the rant 😅

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
we are allowed to feel what we feel without having to constantly take other peoples misfortunes into account.
im so fed up of the “it could be worse” brigade.
Fuck off, I don’t want to compare myself to a homeless person or person with cancer or starving child in Africa I want to moan without feeling guilt for moaning because I’m upset and I have a right to be upset!!!!

so piss off already

First time I’ll say anything negative about this thread because I love it, the conversation around suicide is so judgmental and nasty, really uncomfortable reading to see people being so bitchy just because we can kinda get away with it here
I’ll leave it there

Shouldn't you be grateful you can have children? So many women would just love to have a child.
i entered a competition for an iPad, I won an iPhone.
Both great, who wouldn’t I love them both but I fucking WANTED an iPad.

This is a lie last thing I won was probably a free packet of Jaffa cakes from Lidl scratch and win.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
not with you on the gravy.. but here's one Yorkshire puddings on a Christmas dinner.. just don't go. I don't like them personally.. probably because I am not a fan of gravy but that's just a beef accompaniment.. doesnt go with Turkey...or even chicken
Yorkshire puddings go with everything. I don't know who came up with this weird rule that they are only for beef - but it wasn't the people of Yorkshire.

I personally like them with fish and parsley sause.

• Heart
  • Sick

Ibrokethegoddamnwheel

Chatty Member
I was called a karen just this morning after some twat nearly ran my children and I over on the school run. A car had stopped to let us cross but this guy for some reason tried to go round whilst we were crossing. Could have ended very badly but instead of apologising he called me names and made excuses.

Me being annoyed that you were driving like an idiot, put my children in danger and didn’t even have the decency to apologise does not make me a karen for fucks sake, it makes me a normal person reacting in a normal way to something dangerous. ‘Karen’ is so over used and often as a way to get women to shut up. I hate it.

• Angry
Wish I could Heart this more than once.

As soon as i see an influencer thread and they are pregnant you just know there will be people who will Be taking out their issues out on that thread.

God forbid if an influencer says they concieved quickly, you’ll have 10 people saying, it doesn’t work like that.. we’ve been trying for years.. I’m very sorry they are having issues and wouldn’t wish it on anyone but people can concieve quickly, also people have a right to be happy or moan about being parents.

Someone elses happiness doesn’t take away from you.

i’ve had ALOT of shitty things happen in my life where i’ve just wondered what i have done in my previous life to deserve to go through all this, but one good thing i’ve had is being able to concieve quickly and have 2 gorgeous healthy babies and I won’t be made to feel
Bad about that.
I think a lot of people it for attention and on the internet, it probably isn't even true.

There was a thing on FB that said, if your baby was named after your cravings what would they be called. So just a bit if light hearted fun.
People were putting stuff like, I just wanted to be able to hold anything down, my baby was born in heaven, I couldn't have a baby.

Like not the time or the place. Stop trying to bring everyone down. People like that must be so depressing to be around.

HoGi

VIP Member
Just catching up on the new thread, I missed the penny pinching convo but here is my bit.

I am a penny pincher 😂 but I do not inflict my penny pinching on anyone else, for example I work from home and keep the heating off for the majority of the day unless it's particularly cold but when my boyfriend comes home the heating goes on.

When it comes to splitting the bill, I'll split evenly. If the group wants to split, I'll split but also happy if people want to add up what they got.

I do the shopping in our house, first we test the cheaper brands and if they are OK then we will buy cheap but if my boyfriend wants a particular brand we get the brand.

I also don't cheap out on presents.
I can afford to have the heating on all day if I want but I choose not to, one time I started turning appliances off from the wall/unplugging them to save on the electricity bill but it didn't make much of a difference so I don't bother.

Some poster mentioned about watching the penny's add up in the bank account, that is me 🤣 I just like watching my balance grow. I am saving for a house deposit and we go on holidays every year so I'd rather save for those then spend my money on 4euro coffees.

I cringe when people are tight with money in a ridiculous way. For example, a friend of mine was offered a drink on a night out by a colleague. So the colleague paid for their drinks. The next day the colleague asked my friend for the price of the pint back (it was like 5.40e or something 🤣)
HAVE YOU NO SHAME 😆
I worked with a guy who used to mentally record who he bought drinks for and then "cash them in" in the future.

So we might go out and he would buy someone a drink and then 6 months later he would be like "don't forget I bought you a drink in June 2019 when we went to the pub for Fred's birthday"

It was proper awkward and cringe

• Haha
  • Wow

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Knew my main bitch would agree

You hold a special place in my heart @Oohthedrama because you make me laugh and call me out on my bs. ❤
dragging around Carol Flacks coffin with that soap box can be left in 2021 in my opinion 😐
Accept that as humans we don’t need to be wrapped in cotton wool and protected from verbal boo boos 😢 at the grown ass age of 30

• Heart

Notorious PIG

Yeah looks like she was going for some woke points there!

She also said her friend was complaining about 'Friends' the show not being diverse. I'm like, 3 Jews and an Italian what more do you want! But apparently that's Americas way of pretending to be diverse LOL. Some people way overthink
I wonder if the same people who complain about Friends’ unsatisfactory diversity quota also complain about: The Cosby Show, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Moesha, Sister Sister...

• Heart