Unpopular Opinions #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know it’s natural but I just can’t with people who try breast milk. Or even worse the “woman” who made bread with her vajayjay yeast 🤮
Calm down I wouldn’t go that far or put it in my brew ffs. ‘Twas just a taste. Don’t act like you’ve never picked your nose and eaten it or swallowed after a BJ.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
In Ireland they decided to bring in minimum alcohol pricing because we have a drinking problem. 8 cans of cider is now just under 20e, it was like 11e.
No different than the sugar tax, the excuse was it was for public health.
I still drink the same amount, I just pay more 😂
I still eat the same sweets, I just pay more.
As with the carbon tax they popped on petrol, I still use the same amount but I am paying more.
Let's be real. Its tax generation, nothing to do with public health. The taxes may go towards treating health issues caused by these life styles but they really don't change peoples habits.
Right now an ecstasy pill costs less than 4 cans of cider, the government could be pushing their student population towards class A drugs instead of alcohol.
I am not saying most students would take pills but people like to get intoxicated and when you're on a tight budget 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 20
This might annoy some but if you find things triggering thats YOUR problem, don’t go on a forum and try and dictate what people should/shouldn’t discuss because its triggering

So bleeping annoyed going on different threads and being dictated on what can and can’t be discussed.

just leave the bloody thread or internet.

Lots of things I find difficult to read about but I wouldn’t dream of telling people what to talk about, its my issue not anyone else’s

• Heart
Reactions: 40
This might annoy some but if you find things triggering thats YOUR problem, don’t go on a forum and try and dictate what people should/shouldn’t discuss because its triggering

So bleeping annoyed going on different threads and being dictated on what can and can’t be discussed.

Lots of things I find difficult to read about but I wouldn’t dream of telling people what to talk about, its my issue not anyone else’s
A friend of mine went seeking an unpopular opinions section of a podcast, didn't like the content and sent an email complaining and never listened to that podcast again 😂
They were way too upset for me to be like 'Well what do you expect' but jesus christ hahah

• Haha
Reactions: 15

If you are referring solely to internet forums then absolutely - people should take some responsibility for themselves - why seek out things you know will upset you.

However I do see the value in trigger warnings for television episodes etc. (I personally like to be forewarned about sexual violence for example so would never go so see a film I knew this was part of the plot. But shows like Greys Anatomy or legal dramas differ episode to episode)

Reactions: 6
If you are referring solely to internet forums then absolutely - people should take some responsibility for themselves - why seek out things you know will upset you.

However I do see the value in trigger warnings for television episodes etc. (I personally like to be forewarned about sexual violence for example so would never go so see a film I knew this was part of the plot. But shows like Greys Anatomy or legal dramas differ episode to episode)
Oh yeh definitely, I completely agree with hardcore stuff like that, but sometimes little things, (i mean it might seem little to me but maybe not to another person) for example one thing that’s always mentioned is food/diet. People ask posters to not discuss as its triggering… to me that’s ridiculous… food is a big part of life and if it is triggering for you firstly i am sorry its hard for you and secondly maybe step away and work on your issues and don’t ask random strangers to not post about it. Your mental health is not other people’s responsibility imo

Reactions: 13
Sourdough can get in the same bin I put brioche in a couple of days ago. It's just pretentious crap ... especially if it's bought from an artisan bakery :ROFLMAO:

The sugar tax has destroyed so many things.

Give me proper sugar any day rather than the huge amounts of artificial sweetener used these days. So may thing, biscuits, cereal, fizzy drinks have become inedible IMO because they just taste so synthetic.
One of the worst things is how sickly chocolate is getting.

I can barely eat any Cadbury products since it was sold to American company Kraft and they buggered about with all the recipes. It is utterly vile stuff now.

Then Nestle ruined KitKat a few years ago because of rising costs due to Brexit and I used to love a KitKat.

Bring back the actual British chocolate of my childhood. It was the best in the world!

Reactions: 12

I can barely eat any Cadbury products since it was sold to American company Kraft and they buggered about with all the recipes. It is utterly vile stuff now.

Then Nestle ruined KitKat a few years ago because of rising costs due to Brexit and I used to love a KitKat.

Bring back the actual British chocolate of my childhood. It was the best in the world!
Most chocolate is horrible now. Sugary, too sweet, flavourless. It even feels different in my mouth if that makes sense.

Reactions: 10

It really gets on my tits how everything is ‘now 30% less sugar’ but it tastes like sweetener. Or it just tastes tit.
But unfortunately apparently a great deal of people can’t be trusted to have something in moderation or look at the calories in the product or monitor their kids diets or basically have self control so if it helps tackle an obesity epidemic then I guess it’s what needs to happen. Though advertising the ‘now lower fat’ will probably just make people think it’s ‘low fat’ and they can consume more

Reactions: 9
Oh yeh definitely, I completely agree with hardcore stuff like that, but sometimes little things, (i mean it might seem little to me but maybe not to another person) for example one thing that’s always mentioned is food/diet. People ask posters to not discuss as its triggering… to me that’s ridiculous… food is a big part of life and if it is triggering for you firstly i am sorry its hard for you and secondly maybe step away and work on your issues and don’t ask random strangers to not post about it. Your mental health is not other people’s responsibility imo
I’ve seen people wanting trigger warnings on positive pregnancy piss test posts in girly groups. I don’t know what bugs me more, people who can’t read the instructions on a pregnancy test and need a bunch of strangers to tell them wether it’s 1 or 2 lines or the people that want trigger warnings on them because they’re struggling to conceive. Furthermore those people wanting trigger warnings on things like pregnancy and babies… what are you going to do shove a sheet over them in real life? Walk around blind folded incase you see them?

I see it with alcohol, food, etc among other petty things. If you’re mind can’t cope with certain things the internet isn’t suited for you. Again, I stress nobodies misfortunes or mental health is anyone else’s responsibility.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Low fat biccies does not mean you can eat 2x the amount. Sorry

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’ve seen people wanting trigger warnings on positive pregnancy piss test posts in girly groups. I don’t know what bugs me more, people who can’t read the instructions on a pregnancy test and need a bunch of strangers to tell them wether it’s 1 or 2 lines or the people that want trigger warnings on them because they’re struggling to conceive. Furthermore those people wanting trigger warnings on things like pregnancy and babies… what are you going to do shove a sheet over them in real life? Walk around blind folded incase you see them?

I see it with alcohol, food, etc among other petty things. If you’re mind can’t cope with certain things the internet isn’t suited for you. Again, I stress nobodies misfortunes or mental health is anyone else’s responsibility.
I need trigger warnings on stories about winning the lottery and the mega rich! 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Low fat biccies does not mean you can eat 2x the amount. Sorry
I don’t see the point of low fat or zero sugar. What’s the point of eating things that taste like crap.
Rather have ONE biscuit instead of eating the whole pack

Reactions: 11
Also I think if you want to lose weight you need to have self control. Not a ridiculous diet where you’ll fall off the wagon and eat 2x the amount, not low calorie biscuits and certainly not WW with free foods and thinking you can eat as many potatoes as you want and still lose weight 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Gammon is very clearly a racist slur! White people get compared to pigs by some other cultures. I’ve always thought it was linked to that.

It annoys me when you get 20 something, acne ridden, weak chinned, woke university types who are often WHITE themselves using it.

Just because a person voted for Brexit it does not make them a racist either.
No but all racists voted for Brexit.

• Haha
Why do people take photos/boomerangs/videos etc of their kids doing homework? Put your bloody phone down and help them with it instead of posting it on social media!!
to document that some actually do it.. doubt most do.. all these kids hanging round town centres after school.. go home get your homework done. apply yourself and you wont have to hang round town centres all day when youve left school

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Influencers who promote things they don’t use themselves or wouldn’t use should be de platformed. They should have to prove that they have tried and tested it to do the promo.

Oh these pills make you lose 10 pounds in a day and taste like rainbows. You take them first Becky…go on… and try tell me they’re not just laxatives

Reactions: 13
No but all racists voted for Brexit.
Settled status is much better for people from the EU who decided to stay here. They have all the rights of any British person. Whereas when we were in the EU the rights were being eroded anyway. Had to leave if they didn't find a job in 3 months, could claim basic JSA but not housing benefit which was also only for 3 months, lots of paperwork that was making it harder for them to make a decent living in the UK.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.