Unpopular Opinions #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not angry, it's not my fault if you read my responses as angry. I have strong opinions. Just like everybody on this thread. And it's OK, you dont have to like them.
See right on the defense again 😂 its not your fault I read them.that way.

Your the one going on and telling people check their meds 😂

Simmer down

My unpopular opinion

Cats are arseholes
They are dicks but they walk themselves thats a plus lol

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm not angry, it's not my fault if you read my responses as angry. I have strong opinions. Just like everybody on this thread. And it's OK, you dont have to like them.
It works both ways.

On another note… I think people who are into ASMR, it’s a Kink for them.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My unpopular opinion

Cats are arseholes
Not unpopular. My cat has gone through a 180 for some unknown reason though. Started sleeping with me on my bed + I haven't been scratched in a while. 🤪

They are dicks but they walk themselves thats a plus lol
I've always wanted a dog, but offered to walk someone's whilst she came out of the hospital. I didn't like the responsibility of two walks a day. He was a large dog, stubborn and refused to even walk at times so I didn't pull his lead and just let him sit there in the cold whilst I stood like a lemon until 1h was up.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Not unpopular. My cat has gone through a 180 for some unknown reason though. Started sleeping with me on my bed + I haven't been scratched in a while.

I've always wanted a dog, but offered to walk someone's whilst she came out of the hospital. I didn't like the responsibility of two walks a day.
Get an old dog some, like my 11 year old, doesn't really want to go for walks. All she wants to do is have a sniff outside and MAYBE go round the block. She's a minpin so probably have another good 7 years left

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I prefer the term ‘took their own life’. I’ve no idea if it’s PC but it seems less accusative to me.

I also agree for most depression is a chemical imbalance. You wouldn’t try to ‘mind over matter’ diabetes or anaemia so why do people think you can do it for depression.
For those who have experienced trauma leading to depression, there should be a distinction. And I believe you can be helped by working through the trauma and finding ways to understand it.

Another UO - I know a woman who is at the top in their field. They are lauded in the top10 women in the industry, sits on a board for identifying other promising females etc and gives talks on gender equality and the difficulties of being a woman in industry and overcoming the challenges.
Except they used to be a man. They got to the top when they were a man and have transitioned since.
I have no issue with how anyone wants to identify or present themselves and I’m sure they could teach me a great deal about their experience but I do have issue with a man telling me about what it’s like to be a woman because they’ve been one for 5 minutes and diverting the credit from women who’ve had to struggle their whole lives in a male dominated industry.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
I think some people have jumped on mental health problems as an acceptable way to excuse their behaviour, or to get their own way. They know no decent person would question them.

For example, during the lockdowns, everything was about mental health.
"I need the gym to reopen for my mental health."
"The pubs being shut is bad for my mental health."
"Not getting my nails done is affecting my mental health."
It became like the latest bandwagon to jump on.
While I don't deny there are a lot of people who struggled with their mental health for various reasons, it seemed to become the go-to answer for everything.

People quoting mental health for every tiny thing takes away from those who are genuinely struggling.
I remember someone saying they "needed" parkrun for their mental health after it was cancelled over the new year in Wales. They weren't happy with being told you could go outside with some friends for a run? Not the same (I'm aware of that) and was told I've got no idea what they're going trough, etc.

Reactions: 3
Ok this may be an UO or touching a nerve
Regarding mental health. I’m sick to death of many terrorist attacks, here and abroad, where they say “been detained for mental health”. It’s insulting to those with actual MH issues. Most of the time it’s not a mh problem, they’re just terrorists. Nasty evil terrorists

Reactions: 17
Totally agree about ASMR fans, those perverts.

🤣
Two of my granddaughters love ASMR things. They will sit for a very long time watching people chop food etc. They both love their hair cut or face painted right from babies not just for the end result but the feeling of being touched

I like some of the things but others made me feel on edge. It allows your mind to zone out. only those who don't get it think it's a sexual thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.