Unpopular Opinions #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s not cheese unless it makes you sweat…

Really strong mature cheese is the tit.
But, equally amazing. I know I’ve said it before….

View attachment 987283
I thought I was the only person that sweated when I ate cheese!
I've had so much piss take over the years!

Have I met my soulmate in cheese sweating?

Don't disappoint me Ooh!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The rock plays every role the same cheesy slightly exasperated ,a bit wooden, that being said I still enjoy a film with him in,
Red notice with ryan Reynolds🥰 especially

Reactions: 2
I thought I was the only person that sweated when I ate cheese!
I've had so much piss take over the years!

Have I met my soulmate in cheese sweating?

Don't disappoint me Ooh!!
Cheese sweats! IT’S A THING 🤣
It’s a requirement!! it needs to be so strong it makes your top lip sweat and you need to change clothes afterwards….. 😂
I bloody love strong cheese, it’s so hard to find a really strong vintage cheddar!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Cheese sweats! IT’S A THING 🤣
It’s a requirement!! it needs to be so strong it makes your top lip sweat and you need to change clothes afterwards….. 😂
I bloody love strong cheese, it’s so hard to find a really strong vintage cheddar!
Literally no one believes me when I say this!!
It's my forehead that sweats, then it goes to my cheeks 😂
Just a good quality mature cheese can do it, but extra mature and I'm a tacky forehead dabbing mess 😂

• Wow
I think The Rock is really charismatic and a decent actor. The reason he sticks to certain types of roles is because that’s what appeals to the majority. Loads of actors do the same. Adam Sandler and Jack Black spring to mind. They don’t push themselves out of their comfort zone because they don’t need to, what they’re already doing is or was popular enough to make them rich.

Reactions: 11
Literally no one believes me when I say this!!
It's my forehead that sweats, then it goes to my cheeks 😂
Just a good quality mature cheese can do it, but extra mature and I'm a tacky forehead dabbing mess 😂
YES!!!! THIS IS A THING!!! 😍🤣

There’s a film called Pain and again where The Rock is a coke addict - bit out of his stereotype 😂 I do quite like him, not for his acting skills, though he’s perfectly watchable, but he comes across as a decent person. I remember his MTV cribs back in the early 00s when he was just out of wrestling and into movies - liked him every since

Reactions: 4
There’s a film called Pain and again where The Rock is a coke addict - bit out of his stereotype 😂 I do quite like him, not for his acting skills, though he’s perfectly watchable, but he comes across as a decent person. I remember his MTV cribs back in the early 00s when he was just out of wrestling and into movies - liked him every since
I also like that he won’t entertain any of Vin Diesel’s nonsense

Reactions: 5
On here, I don't get why people put others on ignore. If I disagree with someone I want a 10 page slog where the other person gets banned at the end.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Don’t know if this is the right thread. But UO maybe. I’m sick of being lectured in EVERY tv drama I try to watch.
Oh that programme looks good…aaand misogyny bad, capitalism bad, can’t say those words. Toxic toxic everywhere
Oh that new series looks good and dark…aaand racism bad, transgenderism good, no human is illegal, white man evil
Riiight this series looks interesting…aaand women rule the world, straight people bad
Yaay that programme is back…aaand format changed. Everyone white is racist
And round and round it goes. No wonder I end up watching old shows
Edit-of course racism etc is bad. I’m just sick and fed up of every tv show now pushing an agenda. Mostly that straight white men are evil personified

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Don’t know if this is the right thread. But UO maybe. I’m sick of being lectured in EVERY tv drama I try to watch.
Oh that programme looks good…aaand misogyny bad, capitalism bad, can’t say those words. Toxic toxic everywhere
Oh that new series looks good and dark…aaand racism bad, transgenderism good, no human is illegal, white man evil
Riiight this series looks interesting…aaand women rule the world, straight people bad
Edit-of course racism etc is bad. I’m just sick and fed up of every tv show now pushing an agenda. Mostly that straight white men are evil personified
I know what you mean. It's like the writers just have to put in their beliefs. Like if they didn't have that character say "no person is illegal" we would have thought the writers were really zenophbic or something.

The new sex in the city felt like a lecture on how woke the writers are.

People in real life arnt like that (especially not prison guards which was were that quote came from) you can make your characters as ignorant or bigoted as you want. It's not a reflection on the writers personality. If it was I would have some real concerns about Irvin Welsh.

Reactions: 7
I know what you mean. It's like the writers just have to put in their beliefs. Like if they didn't have that character say "no person is illegal" we would have thought the writers were really zenophbic or something.

People in real life arnt like that (especially not prison guards which was were that quote came from) you can make your characters as ignorant or bigoted as you want. It's not a reflection on the writers personality. If it was I would have some real concerns about Irvin Welsh.
Yes. Screw. I was so looking forward to it as it looked ace. And nope. Off it went after episode 2
The Bay. A programme I’ve enjoyed. Is now a woke fest. Grumpy white copper is bad and racist
It’s like they have to shoe horn every wokism into every drama

Reactions: 5

I find Netflix pretty bad for this

Reactions: 7
I'm confused by some of the decisions in TV/movie writing now, obviously in reaction to how society has changed. People get up in arms if, for example, a character is racist or sexist or is say, violent towards a woman. But these things happen in real life. The writer is not condoning this, they rarely, pretty much never, portray these sorts of characters as someone to emulate or revere but there is still backlash particularly online. I don't really understand what we are moving towards now.

Would books like 'To Kill a Mockingbird' no longer be popular because quite a lot of the characters are awful and incredibly racist, a black man is wrongfully imprisoned and murdered.

Reactions: 16
On here, I don't get why people put others on ignore. If I disagree with someone I want a 10 page slog where the other person gets banned at the end.
Ahahahah that is probably my favourite post of all time 😂😂😂👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

I’d never put someone on ignore, I want to be enraged by their posts and passive agressively throw digs their way for all of eternity 😈

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I don't want my media to be full of white men and straight people etc, and I don't care how "woke" that makes me. That said, I do think And Just Like That is bad. Instead of portraying any of the new characters of colour as their own people it comes across as a "some of my friends are X." It has all sorts of "queer" and "non-binary" characters but, with Stanford gone it doesn't have any normal gay or lesbian people

Possible UO: There's no excuse for cameras at the self-checkout, I don't care about potential loss from shoplifting. I do not want my image being added to facial recognition databases but due to social anxiety, I don't want to go through the in-person checkout.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.