Unpopular Opinions #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He was using dating sites and driving. His actions killed a couple in the town I live in and a man who was about to be a grandfather. The motorway was closed for two or three days. 8 years is not enough.
It’s heartbreaking. Should be life and every person caught should watch these videos and meet those who’s life has been ruined.

This was local to mehttps://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/m11-traffic-death-crash-lorry--12929033

I have a new car so have all the tech but my iPhone also picks up that I’m in a car and I never swipe “I’m not driving” it can always wait.

Reactions: 9
i hate burgers! :oops:
they are so messy and uncomfortable to eat, there's always too much meat in them and too little toppings, and the bread is never good!

• Wow
People who try shove wokeness into anything are well annoying. I lent my friend a book and she has started reading it but said it has already been ruined by one of her friends who said it 'wasn't diverse enough'. I told her it was written by a white woman about her own experiences so there's not much you can do about it. Can't diversify real life.

Must be a sad way to go about your life picking up any little thing about that in any form of media. (Luckily my friend agreed and said she'll put it out of her mind)

• Wow
Reactions: 45
People who try shove wokeness into anything are well annoying. I lent my friend a book and she has started reading it but said it has already been ruined by one of her friends who said it 'wasn't diverse enough'. I told her it was written by a white woman about her own experiences so there's not much you can do about it. Can't diversify real life.

Must be a sad way to go about your life picking up any little thing about that in any form of media. (Luckily my friend agreed and said she'll put it out of her mind)
i completely agree it's so annoying. a friend was visiting me in my hometown and we saw a man carrying a bunch of flowers. i said 'oh how nice he's bringing flowers for his wife'. she immediately said 'OR HUSBAND!!'
no, i literally know him and he has a wife

• Haha
Reactions: 57
i completely agree it's so annoying. a friend was visiting me in my hometown and we saw a man carrying a bunch of flowers. i said 'oh how nice he's bringing flowers for his wife'. she immediately said 'OR HUSBAND!!'
no, i literally know him and he has a wife
Yeah looks like she was going for some woke points there!

She also said her friend was complaining about 'Friends' the show not being diverse. I'm like, 3 Jews and an Italian what more do you want! But apparently that's Americas way of pretending to be diverse LOL. Some people way overthink

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Ok...trigger warnings in general irritate me. I understand why we have them, I just find them paternalistic and quite frankly patronising. Some of the most resilient people alive are those who have survived major trauma, therefore, what's the point?

Reactions: 29
UO Re salt and pepper - different ones have different uses. You wouldn’t chuck Maldon in your pasta water or dress a mozarella salad with ground white pepper. Anyone who’s really a salt or pepper snob should know what to use when otherwise it’s just a preference.

Reactions: 6
i hate burgers! :oops:
they are so messy and uncomfortable to eat, there's always too much meat in them and too little toppings, and the bread is never good!
I only feel comfortable eating them on my own because they are so messy. In a restaurant I feel like such a slob because no matter how careful you are, it gets messy especially as if they pack loads in.

Yeah looks like she was going for some woke points there!

She also said her friend was complaining about 'Friends' the show not being diverse. I'm like, 3 Jews and an Italian what more do you want! But apparently that's Americas way of pretending to be diverse LOL. Some people way overthink
I wonder if the same people who complain about Friends’ unsatisfactory diversity quota also complain about: The Cosby Show, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Moesha, Sister Sister...

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I watched that video today of the lorry driver who killed the couple on the A1 whilst he was on his phone. I see so many people using their phones whilst driving, often in new cars with technology too so they don’t need to or with passengers. On Instasham and FakeBook it feels like there are more people recording videos when driving, since when has then had it become acceptable to do this AND admit it so publicly?

Maybe not an UO however anyone caught should face a lifetime ban, including any passengers in the vehicle at the time.

This also goes for pricks with a single brain cell who don’t wear or do that stupid behind the shoulder thing with their seatbelt.
I used to know someone who'd get caught speeding and sometimes using his phone. He'd use the excuse that because he lives in supported housing, he needs his car and would never get banned.

I'd rather (and I have) get into a car with a person whose just passed their test than him.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Most of those videos are taken with mounted cams, I've noticed whenever someone posts one from a mounted cam, loads will angrily ask why are you using your phone.
Not all of course, there will always be idiots

Reactions: 3
Ok...trigger warnings in general irritate me. I understand why we have them, I just find them paternalistic and quite frankly patronising. Some of the most resilient people alive are those who have survived major trauma, therefore, what's the point?
I think it depends on the context. I find it odd that some medical programmes will say that this programme will show blood / medical procedures. I'd be a bit disappointed if I didn't see those things! But as someone who finds bright lights and loud noise painful, I would like a warning, please.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.