Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
In Jade’s story they are all singing .. one of them says ‘anti capitalism’ and they all cheer. Her dad is literally the definition of a capitalist. She has benefited so much from it.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 34

fwooper

VIP Member
Putting the acceptance rate down is also just hilarious considering that Minerva fudges their acceptance rate stats by counting people who didn't even complete the application form as rejections.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

fwooper

VIP Member
People have speculated she's getting it free/reduced due to her SM following.
In addition to this, I've always thought that Minerva approached Jade first. I don't think she stumbled across them by sheer chance. I bet they've had their eyes on recruiting a studytuber for a while to boost their recognition, and saw that Jade would be a perfect target - optimistic, loves travel, etc. And it's been a wonderful marketing strategy for them. Suddenly thousands of people who had no idea what Minerva was are now aware of them, and no doubt some unfortunate naive souls have applied after watching Jade's videos.

• Heart
  • Wow

fwooper

VIP Member
Yes, to add more about Dinara not self-isolating, as she is required to by law:

View attachment 236764View attachment 236767View attachment 236768

On a separate note: I understand in America it's apparently normal to share rooms at university, but in the UK it's absolutely not. Minerva charge them extortionate accomodation fees, so why are they sharing rooms with at least two other people even when they're in the UK?

View attachment 236772
Jesus, where does Minerva even find these hellhole accommodation blocks? There's no room for anything other than sleeping, you can't even study in there. Even in London where accommodation is so expensive and densely populated, 99% of students have their own room. You'd only end up in a shared room if you specified it on your application (e.g. to save money). I bet Minerva are raking in profit from their accommodation charges. From their website, "residential services" i.e. accommodation costs $11,000 a year. So that's roughly £700 a month, which is pretty standard for a student room in London - but this a room shared between three people! And that isn't even accounting for the fact that Minerva says the accommodation charge varies according to city, so you can bet they're charging way more than $11,000 a year for their students in London.

You could easily find a lovely house share in London for £700 a month where you get your own room (that you could fit a wardrobe and a desk in - wow!), yet these students are willingly paying in excess of that to live in a depressing box room with two other people. Maybe they could use their critical thinking skills to figure out that being charged $11,000+ to live in a hostel is perhaps not value for money. The phrase more money than sense comes to mind.

• Heart
  • Wow

fwooper

VIP Member
You can’t make this shit up, no self awareness at all. I pay tens for thousands to attend a private university set up by venture capitalists so that I can fast track my way into Silicon Valley - but FUCK CAPITALISM!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

calibrrat

Did anyone else see the ad she posted on her ig story for the essay feedback service (which feels kinda unethical to me in some ways, but that's another issue).
At the bottom you can see the beginning of her essay, and at one point she cites "Wikipedia, 2018".
Like, girl... The number one rule of university is don't cite Wikipedia. I guess Minerva is just so ~progressive~ that they have different citation standards too *eyeroll*

• Haha
Reactions: 31

KawaiiSloth

Chatty Member
Screenshot_20200810-204446_Twitter.jpg

An (ex) influencer retweeted this on Twitter and it reminds me of Jade 😂. I wonder if it is a dig at her as I believe Liv and Jade are (kind of) in the same YouTube friendship group.

I'm also fed up of Jade trying to speak on behalf of people of colour and those from poor/working class backgrounds, when she has never experienced racism or poverty herself. Can she stop speaking on behalf of them please and instead elevate the voices of those who are actually affected by these issues!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 30

schmetterling

Unjaded Jade #2:
Jade, Jade, by Minerva was played. But don’t you worry, daddy paid!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30

jerihoam

Screenshot_20200804-100715.png
Screenshot_20200804-100730.png
Screenshot_20200804-100800.png
Screenshot_20200804-100835.png

My thoughts on this: if you have someone else editing your videos, designing your thumbnails, researching video topics for you, writing scripts for you, and deciding the direction of the channel... Is that really your channel anymore, or are you just using your face as a brand?!

Also: does the term "thought-partner" creep anyone else out?

• Wow
Reactions: 29
I also read about a concept called toxic positivity today and instantly associated it with her, I’m sure she means well but just doesn’t understand how others have influences in their life where they can’t ‘just smile and dance’ or hug their parents.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Katso

I think talking about vibrators is great! Her audience is probably mostly late GCSE age to starting uni age and at that point a lot of people realise how normal talking about sex and masturbation is. It's not sexualising kids. It's showing them how normal stuff is and how talking about female masturbation shouldn't be something to be ashamed of. Did I expect it from Jade? Ngl I didn't but nonetheless I think it's a good thing.

hocvaht

I just find it ironic how her supposed years of learning, interest and research into social justice causes, environmentalism, being part of a fair and equitable world etc, have led her to... marketing? For someone who spends so much time trying to teach others about equality, it's somewhat ironic that her focus is now on helping corporations to make more money. Especially given her recent videos on minimalism - sort of contradicts the whole purpose of marketing, which is to reach more customers, make more sales, and encourage endless, unfettered consumption! I wish she'd give some sort of critical thought to capitalism and her place within it, but I guess they don't teach that in Silicon Valley.

• Heart
You know there's a serious issue with accommodation and the style of online lessons when your 'new fave study spot' is literally sat on the floor. How much are you paying for this again?

• Heart
Reactions: 27

xekatinaz

Jade is unsalvageable
“Realising the magic and beauty of the stories of the streets” ????????

What “magical and beautiful” is there to living in the street Jade ????

Are you completely out of your mind?

There sure may be some interesting stories but don’t call homelessness *beautiful* 😐 .

You’re a Tory with white saviour complex Jade.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Angry

Katso

I go to a complete normal UK uni and there's so much international and EU students around. Most of my flatmates are not from UK for example. Idk why Jade makes it seem like something super special. This is 2020 and globalisation has been a thing for quite a while.