Unjaded Jade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also, calling them a stepping stone to the cohort that just got them is so belittling. I’m sure they know, but for someone who allegedly had their mental health ruined by t a level pressure you’d think she could show a bit more empathy. Can’t remember if I said this on jacks or jades threads but I really think studytubers should’ve said a generic good luck or just stayed quiet about results this year. It’s not normal times, nothing they say will really help disadvantaged students who really got screwed over yesterday
I agree! They should have said good luck and maybe posted something about appealing. They didn't have to say anything else, and they shouldn't have said anything else.

Reactions: 11
There's also a whole thing about how disadvantaged pupils are the ones hurt most by what's currently happening with the results.

I highly doubt she would be as affected by it given her upbringing

Reactions: 8
I couldn't believe it when Jade said that A Levels were a "stepping stone." Like Jade, your A Levels were A*A*A* you will never be disadvantaged by your results, whilst somebody who had three As downgraded to three Cs as a result of nothing they did will be disadvantaged.

None of the Studytubers have ever been particularly political, nor have I found them (particularly Jade and Ruby) that insightful when addressing their privilege. It really shows in their response to results day. It has really struck as tone deaf because they don't seem to properly understand the issue around actually getting bad results.

Reactions: 16
I couldn't believe it when Jade said that A Levels were a "stepping stone." Like Jade, your A Levels were A*A*A* you will never be disadvantaged by your results, whilst somebody who had three As downgraded to three Cs as a result of nothing they did will be disadvantaged.

None of the Studytubers have ever been particularly political, nor have I found them (particularly Jade and Ruby) that insightful when addressing their privilege. It really shows in their response to results day. It has really struck as tone deaf because they don't seem to properly understand the issue around actually getting bad results.
I get the impression that studytubers don’t comment on politics because it’s not “on brand” to criticise the current government. But for students who are supposed to be highly intelligent, they don’t tend to comment on world affairs/have a knowledge of politics. It’s just putting out a fake perfect image of how the world is, and jaded attitude is so out of touch with reality it’s unreal

Reactions: 12
I get the impression that studytubers don’t comment on politics because it’s not “on brand” to criticise the current government. But for students who are supposed to be highly intelligent, they don’t tend to comment on world affairs/have a knowledge of politics. It’s just putting out a fake perfect image of how the world is, and jaded attitude is so out of touch with reality it’s unreal
This is starting to really annoy me as time goes on, especially because they have the potential to use their influence for good when it comes to education. I'm not saying studytubers should be out here every day of the week being political activists, but when some crappy stuff is going on in education policy they could do a lot of good by speaking out about it and encouraging others to do the same.

A lot of YouTubers (study ones and non study ones) totally missed the point with exam results. I didn't see any mention of the fact people in more deprived areas suffered more. It was never mentioned at all.

Jade preaches being in touch and knowledgeable when she’s so misinformed and in this dreamland she’s imagined up for herself 🙄

Get this, during the time when Jade started sharing resources and posts for BLM at first she was all "share resources, educate yourself and others etc." I was just about to finish uni and ever since I had a guest speaker give a lecture of African American History I was super keen to take it up as a course and signed up to take the free yale online course and I shared that resource with Jade incase she liked it and because of her following and larger access to people. She never replies but sees it and then minutes later puts out a story saying "I wonder how many people who share resources are going through it themselves" or some tit like that. I was like dafuq? Even if people are sharing resources with you (cause you asked btw) who are you to discredit theirs but then ask others to trust yours? Just cause its yale and not minerva really had her quaking. Idk if she said it for the resource I sent in or not but clearly it was for others and I just think she really needs to get off her white saviour high horse and eat some humble pie. Like you preach kindness and positivity and say all you wanna do is support the movement? I don't think being a white saviour is supporting the BLM movement.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
A lot of YouTubers try to share resources or help because they think they should to make them look good. It’s bleeping disgusting to use an awful situation to better yourself when they are already really really privileged. Very self centered behaviour, another YouTuber who did it is Luke Birch - made a post about results day all about him not getting into the uni he wanted on results day, but the point is that these alevel students didn’t even sit the exam, it’s not their fault in the slightest. Makes me so mad that “influencers” are so high and mighty but really their selfish people just wanting to push themselves to a higher social status 🙄

Reactions: 13
A lot of YouTubers try to share resources or help because they think they should to make them look good. It’s bleeping disgusting to use an awful situation to better yourself when they are already really really privileged. Very self centered behaviour, another YouTuber who did it is Luke Birch - made a post about results day all about him not getting into the uni he wanted on results day, but the point is that these alevel students didn’t even sit the exam, it’s not their fault in the slightest. Makes me so mad that “influencers” are so high and mighty but really their selfish people just wanting to push themselves to a higher social status 🙄
I also think they’re doing it to try and cling onto what relatability they have left with younger students. Many of them haven’t sat exams for several years now (Jack Edwards comes to mind) and the others are all well established at university now. Yes it’s fine to raise awareness and direct people to useful resources but I think that should be it. They’re experiences are valid and important but not at this particular moment (Ruby Granger talked about how disappointed she was with her A in RS when she did her A-levels in 2018).

“Gaps years are underrated” no Jade, some of us are just poor
shhe acts as if shes so ahead of the curve/done something so creative by taking one. thousands of (usually welll off) people do them. and the fuss she made when she was goingto france for a few weeks for that french course was ridiculous, she acted as if she was moving abroad for a year

Reactions: 20
shhe acts as if shes so ahead of the curve/done something so creative by taking one. thousands of (usually welll off) people do them. and the fuss she made when she was goingto france for a few weeks for that french course was ridiculous, she acted as if she was moving abroad for a year
No, she's the only person who's ever taken a gap year! Just like Minerva is the only university to ever set reading before a class, and she's the one who invented taking yourself on a date.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I f love this thread.
There have been more productive discussions here than all the studytubers combined

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Exactly! Jade is the only ever influencer to have taken a gap year, find herself, and be all quirky and fun at university. She’s just so different! Special! Omg!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I don‘t see why she doesn‘t record a chat with some affected A-level students and upload that on her channel. Would do a lot more good and let them feel heard than going on about „redirection“.

Reactions: 10
i finally watched her video on A-levels, and despite of being filmed before the government's decision to downgrade them, it's still so full of bullsh.... "rejection is redirection", "your A-level results are not your whole life" (really jade? how dare you say that to 18 year olds who have spent most of their lives in education?), and so on

furthermore, i'm surprised about the percentage of likes/dislikes on the video...there are not many dislikes at all
do only her fans watch her videos? nobody outside of that bubble of lies and empty mantras has seen the video?:rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 17
i finally watched her video on A-levels, and despite of being filmed before the government's decision to downgrade them, it's still so full of bullsh.... "rejection is redirection", "your A-level results are not your whole life" (really jade? how dare you say that to 18 year olds who have spent most of their lives in education?), and so on

furthermore, i'm surprised about the percentage of likes/dislikes on the video...there are not many dislikes at all
do only her fans watch her videos? nobody outside of that bubble of lies and empty mantras has seen the video?:rolleyes:
‘A-levels aren’t you’re whole life’. I don’t think she would have appreciated that advice when she went viral crying over how her exam went. If your younger self wouldn’t accept your advice then don’t say it.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
A Levels aren‘t your whole life. Just as your first love usually won‘t be there for your whole life or anything really. But that doesn‘t mean it doesn‘t feel like it in that moment and they do impact your life massively

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Imagine if Jade had gone to an established university in the UK and realised that being a bright student who took a GaP YarH really isn't anything special. Well done, you got drunk in another country.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.