Unjaded Jade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She probably reads this page and puts it down to us being jealous of her. No Jade- I’m perfectly happy and comfortable in my own life thanks. Look at yourself before you start putting the blame on everyone else.
totally agree, it is insulting to me that some influencer with a debatable degree (in progress) makes other people who are more qualified/experienced feel bad, i don't feel jealous at all of having a dad involved in a job that (imo) should be illegal, and someone studying what may well be a worthless degree. am i alone? (sorry if this sounds harsh, i am on my period, #overshare :LOL: )

Reactions: 16
Came on here after feeling like I literally got dumber watching Jade’s latest jealousy video. Again, she appears to have read one article about something (ahem dunning-Kruger effect) and acting like she’s an actual genius spouting something poignant and insightful.

This screams shallow white middle class privileged crap and I’m convinced all her followers commenting are around 16 years old or younger to find this at all insightful.

Also on her IG stories the other day she was talking about this razor brand as if priming us to not be confused by her sponsored video about misogyny after her ‘i don’t shave because of misogyny’ video.

Also for a studytuber considered to be quite intelligent who is putting out a video that is basically about how clever and groundbreaking she is I had to lol that she pronounced deprecating as depreciating.

The lack of depth and nuance to this girl is mind boggling.

Reactions: 20
I'm unsure about the ads tbh - I got gifted the same razor by Estrid (I'm not an influencer, I just write a blog and have an Instagram with a tiny following) and they didn't pay me so I wasn't obliged to talk about it at all, I think if you haven't been paid money to talk about something it technically isn't an ad, although most bloggers/Instagrammers on my level do put #ad everywhere because it's really easy to break ASA guidelines. I do think she must've been paid to mention it though (if she wasn't, why would she mention a razor/accept sponsorship when she's already done a video about how shaving is misogynistic - conflict of beliefs there) in which case it should totally be labelled as an ad in the title and video description I believe??

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I'm unsure about the ads tbh - I got gifted the same razor by Estrid (I'm not an influencer, I just write a blog and have an Instagram with a tiny following) and they didn't pay me so I wasn't obliged to talk about it at all, I think if you haven't been paid money to talk about something it technically isn't an ad, although most bloggers/Instagrammers on my level do put #ad everywhere because it's really easy to break ASA guidelines. I do think she must've been paid to mention it though (if she wasn't, why would she mention a razor/accept sponsorship when she's already done a video about how shaving is misogynistic - conflict of beliefs there) in which case it should totally be labelled as an ad in the title and video description I believe??
The Instagram AD was paid.... so I think she will have been paid for the video too

Reactions: 4
Even if it wasn’t paid for she should still put “AD gifted” I believe

Reactions: 8
It does have 'AD' in the bottom corner on the thumbnail if that counts? Still think she should put it in her title though

Reactions: 3
Ok, perhaps I was wrong and sorry if so. But it was sponsored and in the title and description there was no labelling of an ad, it just feels really corporate and really deletes this big sister image that she’s had for many years, I really like it when she does videos that are caring and looking out for one another like advice but when it’s a sneaky ad it really upsets me as it just makes it a little heartless. I suppose she’s half right by mentioning the ‘AD’ sign but it doesn’t sit well with meX

Reactions: 2
Her content would be so much better if she stopped being the preacher and became the informer. If her goal is to inspire young people - predominantly young girls - into achieving great things, lecturing them doesn't work.

Reactions: 14
Is it just me who can’t stand watching her videos or instagram stories because of her voice, facial expressions, hand movements and going so close it the camera??

Reactions: 7
Is it just me who can’t stand watching her videos or instagram stories because of her voice, facial expressions, hand movements and going so close it the camera??
for all of those reasons above and a lot more is why I just cannot sit through any of her videos.

Reactions: 4
I'd add to that - Completely fails to recognise how rich and privileged she is, usually when going on about positivity

Reactions: 17
This is going too far guys... we’d all have alcohol poisoning within a minute 🙃

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.