Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

n8459

Chatty Member
Let me get this right. She's going to Berlin to study, and is gonna explore the city with her mum and brother for a couple days, THEN quarantine for 14 days once she's moved into her accomodation?

She is forever acting so woke and intelligent, yet so lacks basic common sense

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 27

whatktdid

And her cover letter:
"It would be a dream!", "take on Buddism", "I am thrilled", "innovativity"*? Maybe I'm the stick in the mud here, but is it normal to include such informal phrases in a cover letter? Not to mention the two exclamation points.

A cover letter is a finely tuned document which should display your ability to write in a professional manner, not just a brain dump of your thoughts & achievements.

*Innovativity is not even a word. Jade, please remove your A* in English from your CV.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27

Lola123

VIP Member
Her saviour bullshit is driving me mad! Yes Jade you’ve read a book but are you challenging your dad on his company? What is their equality like? What about where you live? All well and good getting hyped up about those cultural evenings they have but it comes across as a fetish (not quite the right word) She goes preachy very quickly!

Reactions: 26

gossboss14

VIP Member
And her cover letter:

View attachment 244705

It's just really clunkily written? Don't know, would expect someone who's finished first year to be writing better than that. It's definitely not an exams to be following.

Bonus Jade points for the sentence: The opportunity to ... experience the fascinating culture of Japan, is an honour.
From a recruitment perspective, that letter would’ve gone in the bin after reading the first paragraph. She’s made the same mistake that most people make and her cover letter is an extension of her CV. It is just her saying that she thinks her experience (which should just be on her CV and not in her covering letter) will benefit them but not actually explaining what it is that she will do. The fact she feels qualified to put this out there for young people to follow is a joke, she’s never had to get a real job in the real world!

HollyLeaf

I’m so jealous. I wish I could pay $100,000+ to sit on the floor and have crappy online classes late at night.

Oh no wait. That sounds terrible.

• Haha

hannah123

VIP Member
I get bi vibes off Jade, but see Ruby as very asexual. I think that Ruby almost idolises Jade, and is jealous of both her academic success (it seems to come easier to her) and how secure she is in who she is as a person.
It’s weird, I probably would have said this a year or two ago, but out of the study lot I feel Ruby has developed the most, become a more rounded person of them all and is becoming comfortable in herself.

She was able to accept a mistake and change courses, instead of just sticking it out for the sake of pride. She’s deleted a lot of her old 16 hour/Xmas day study with me’s because she recognised they weren’t healthy. Seems to have a group of friends she seems regularly and has matured enough to understand watching a bit of TV won’t set her back and not every waking minute needs to be productive.

Sounds like a rave post, but I just find it funny that the Oxford reject who swapped courses and studied for 16 hours a day now seems the most normal. Whilst Jade is obsessed with being different and positive affirmations, Holly has no friends and revolves her life around productivity and smug Eve that loves being the best and thinks Oxford student is a personality trait.

WaTeRbBY

Ugh the manifestation thing annoys me so much. I have both a BA and almost have an MA. I've worked really hard during my studies and have go alot of experience and now work as a teaching assistant. Of course one would assume that I would want to qualify as a teacher and move into the higher paying role. But it's not going to happen. I can't manifest it just like that. I'm autistic and as a result have selective mutism, so a more qualified job would have me on mental health leave every month. She is able to do these things because she has MONEY. Like in reality she wouldn't have even been able to commit to YouTube full time if she had to get a fast food job to support her like a strong majority of first year uni students 🤷🏽‍♀️ she rubs me the wrong way honestly

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Appanappa

Chatty Member
The whole idea of a-levels (education in general i guess) being a ‘stepping stone’ really infuriates me. Yes, it is, you only need a levels to get into uni, apprenticeship job etc and once you start your career they generally become less relevant

but when it’s your CURRENT stepping stone, it’s the single most important thing to you. I can look back and laugh at myself crying over my alevels and the stress I put myself under because I know now my life turns out ok
But at the time they were the most important thing to me, I thought I’d get no where without Bs and a good degree etc
To tell people their grades aren’t important is so so insanely insensitive to everyone who worked for their entire education to get to where they are

lemonlime

VIP Member
In Jade’s story they are all singing .. one of them says ‘anti capitalism’ and they all cheer. Her dad is literally the definition of a capitalist. She has benefited so much from it.
LMAO, they are unbelievable. Okay Trotsky, maybe cheer about anti-capitalism when you aren't supporting a money maker bullshit institution under the disguise of a uni while your father is still feeding people some life changing opportunity nonsense as he makes money off their backs.
Everything is surface deep with her; when l watched her A Level content, I never thought she'd become like this.

• Heart

Kcn

Chatty Member
i finally watched her video on A-levels, and despite of being filmed before the government's decision to downgrade them, it's still so full of bullsh.... "rejection is redirection", "your A-level results are not your whole life" (really jade? how dare you say that to 18 year olds who have spent most of their lives in education?), and so on

furthermore, i'm surprised about the percentage of likes/dislikes on the video...there are not many dislikes at all
do only her fans watch her videos? nobody outside of that bubble of lies and empty mantras has seen the video?:rolleyes:
‘A-levels aren’t you’re whole life’. I don’t think she would have appreciated that advice when she went viral crying over how her exam went. If your younger self wouldn’t accept your advice then don’t say it.

• Heart
Really quite shocked with Jade’s approach to results day. I know so many people who have been totally let down by the gov because they’re colleges/sixth forms are in areas of deprivation/ typically do badly and now can’t go to uni despite knowing that they should’ve gotten their offers.... and Jade says if your upset you should vibe with your siblings?! It’s just so insensitive as so many people’s lives have been turned over today because of their (lack of) privilege. I know she was trying to be nice and once again I’m sure she is conventionally nice but it just feels so out of touch once again.

Reactions: 24

ECH

VIP Member
I also think Minerva was like a rebound reaction and that she’s regretting it but doesn’t want to start again after having done one year and a gap year. I think she does enjoy being abroad but come on, who is she kidding about being okay about sharing a bedroom and doing classes at unsociable hours? It must be quite draining actually. Her mum seems really sweet but also really nervous?

I hope Folkert isn’t under any pressure to be as “casually magic” or maverick as his sister.
I lowkey hope Folk ends up at a great, non-Oxbridge uni and has the time of his life there which might show her Minerva was a bad, costly mistake.

ls12

As a German I REALLY don't appreciate them breaking quarantine like that! Sure, Jade did not have to go into quarantine because UK is not a country of risk right now. But Brazil sure is!! This makes me so mad! I am a college student too and unlike those ~qUirKy~ Minerva students we are in the middle of exam season (for me it goes from July all the way until October) and unlike them we actually have to take our exams in person! And that also means as soon as we show ANY signs of Covid or if there is ANY risk that we could have it (contact with an infectuous person, etc.) we are not allowed to take the exam. And those exams are only offered 2 times a year for each subject. Which means if I can't take it now I will have to wait 6 months to get credit for that class.. Also back in April they cancelled ALL our exams because of Covid and many did not get replacement dates.. Many students had to prolong their studies already because of this.. I am hardly meeting ANY friends and haven't seen my family in weeks because I have to stay healthy so that I can take my exams. This is just so frustrating. And right now the numbers are already on the rise again.. I am honestly a little bit surprised the Brazilian students were even allowed to come here in the first place since they don't even attend University here. I know that e.g. the USA has been banned for some time. Also I think it is reckless on the Brazilian's students part when they could have stayed at home and gotten the same education.. I just feel like all of this is a bit unfair at the moment. Sorry for the rant. The exam stress is really getting to me ☹

Edit: Also funny how Jade is freaking out about that room.. when NO and I mean NO student I know, even in the most expensive city, would probably ever share a room. It is not common at all to share a room with someone as a student here.. And even in Berlin a single room like that would probably be not more than 500€.

• Heart

lushstudent

Jade's video about her 'Impossible List' came up on my YouTube feed and honestly I don't know if I'm just being dramatic but it really pisses me off how she basically talks about how she created this list at 16, and it's a list you can 'iterate and improve on' as if she was so knowledgeable and mature at 16 years old. She couldn't just have a normal bucket list could she? She had to make it into a really obscure and 'UniQUe' practice to make her stand out.

In addition to her using the word 'Ch*v', it's a vile, classist slur which is unfortunately a really innate part of British language, but it just goes to prove how ignorant she is. I remember before she went to Uganda she spoke a lot about not wanting to be a White Saviour, but she's the literal definition. Believes she's a fountain of knowledge on black issues, and wider world issues, when really she's a privileged snob who's parents probably voted Conservative and believe that poor people deserve to die.

exopolitics

So that's roughly £700 a month, which is pretty standard for a student room in London - but this a room shared between three people!
How is Jade supposed to use her lovely affiliate link vibrator that teenage girls across the world are thanking her for with two other people in her flat?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23

fwooper

VIP Member
When I first researched Minerva when I saw Jade was going I went down a rabbit hole of Quora questions about it, and there are some hilariously obnoxious responses from their students. I hunted down my favourite one, because it has the same spiel about critical thinking that we've been discussing but with the delusions amped up x10:

"You will struggle to interact with normal people after the first year (if not the first semester). The academics are supposed to change the way they think, and generally that really works. The problem is, that most people aren’t used to being called out for thinking in a way that is flawed, and you will also struggle to explain exactly what is wrong with what they’re saying, as you are used to interacting with Minervans who have a shared vernacular for calling each other out. This also extends into general mannerisms that are unique to the Minerva community. Personally, I’m not too upset about this one, and it’s more of a temporary annoyance than anything. Hopefully, after a couple more years of practice, we’ll be able to move more smoothly between the Minerva vernacular, and regular English."

I mean, how is this not a cult. "Minerva vernacular"?! Be warned, expect your blood pressure to rise if you read the whole comment. Highlights include them claiming that normal college students have never had to budget for food or grocery shop. They're deluded.

• Haha
  • Wow

ECH

VIP Member
Jade is unsalvageable
“Realising the magic and beauty of the stories of the streets” ????????

What “magical and beautiful” is there to living in the street Jade ????

Are you completely out of your mind?

There sure may be some interesting stories but don’t call homelessness *beautiful* 😐 .

You’re a Tory with white saviour complex Jade.
...is she trying to romanticise homelessness?

If her uni had really immersed her in living in San Francisco, they surely should have encouraged them all to learn about reasons for homelessness and why it's so rife in San Francisco and what they can do to help.

• Sick
  • Sad

not fussed at all

Ok so just watched the vlog again fully and she said “I cannot STAND people discriminating against other people’s religious beliefs” and just like that she ended religious discrimination 🙄 I can’t with this chick
Wow the queen of ✨tolerance✨. She's so woke and respectful you can almost forget she actually referred to a group of human beings as ✨chavs✨