Unjaded Jade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And they would have seen how completely devestated she was when she was rejected from Oxford so she would have been very easy prey. I think you are on to something here!
I’ve always believed this theory, I also suspect that maybe they offered her some kind of scholarship/discount to encourage her as she has a large social media following

Reactions: 10
I’ve always believed this theory, I also suspect that maybe they offered her some kind of scholarship/discount to encourage her as she has a large social media following
Do we think juice plus is connected to it in anyway? Could it be that her dad knows some of them/part of the business and that’s how she got it?

• Wow
Reactions: 4
In addition to this, I've always thought that Minerva approached Jade first. I don't think she stumbled across them by sheer chance. I bet they've had their eyes on recruiting a studytuber for a while to boost their recognition, and saw that Jade would be a perfect target - optimistic, loves travel, etc. And it's been a wonderful marketing strategy for them. Suddenly thousands of people who had no idea what Minerva was are now aware of them, and no doubt some unfortunate naive souls have applied after watching Jade's videos.
this makes so much sense, no t just with her but wiht outher youtubers, it seeems the same with "sememster at sea" tbh

Reactions: 3
If he's doing foreign languages he actually has a crack at Oxbridge as they don't get as many applicants... Imagine Jade's reaction 😂
I want him to go to one that's not Oxbridge so she'll stop trying to put on a show that Minerva is just as good as Oxbridge. Like I want him to go to Bristol and have a great time so he realises his mistake.

Reactions: 11
this makes so much sense, no t just with her but wiht outher youtubers, it seeems the same with "sememster at sea" tbh
Yeah I agree - like Gracie O’Connor was quite open about being the Semester at Sea “vlogger”

Reactions: 2
I also think Minerva was like a rebound reaction and that she’s regretting it but doesn’t want to start again after having done one year and a gap year. I think she does enjoy being abroad but come on, who is she kidding about being okay about sharing a bedroom and doing classes at unsociable hours? It must be quite draining actually. Her mum seems really sweet but also really nervous?

I hope Folkert isn’t under any pressure to be as “casually magic” or maverick as his sister.
Folkert wants to go to Bath and study economics.

I miss this Jade...

She was actually open about her struggles. Maybe she doesn't have many struggles anymore? Maybe her life is less "real" now?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Folkert wants to go to Bath and study economics.

I miss this Jade...

She was actually open about her struggles. Maybe she doesn't have many struggles anymore? Maybe her life is less "real" now?
It’s not that she doesn’t have struggles, it’s that she’s trying so hard to make her life seem perfect. I think the oxford rejection has affected her more than she’ll ever let on or maybe more than she even realises herself. She’s trying to make her life now seem perfect so that it’s as if the ox situation doesn’t matter to her but she’s way too OTT about being against normal UK unis now. If she didn’t care she’d just say she enjoys Minerva and wouldn’t compare them constantly

Reactions: 14
Yeah I agree - like Gracie O’Connor was quite open about being the Semester at Sea “vlogger”
For semester at sea, I feel like they do it because mainly it makes for good vlogging not necessarily because they were approached but idk. At least that’s what it seemed like with emma topp , another american university student that did one. I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure it’s actually offered through their regular universities and all the classes are the same and the costs are about the same as they would take there, so it’s more like a study abroad on a cruise ship.

Minerva though is clearly for profit, does not look appealing, and Jade has only explicitly mentioned that she’s a “Minerva student” in her video titles a handful of times, which makes me wonder. I remember seeing ‘my uk family came to visit my us university’ last year which was kind of a misnomer imo because Minerva doesn’t actually have a real campus and they mainly just walked around san francisco.

Reactions: 3
You know there's a serious issue with accommodation and the style of online lessons when your 'new fave study spot' is literally sat on the floor. How much are you paying for this again?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I watched her video "I moved to Berlin..... Pt 2" video this morning and what stood out to me most of all was her amazement at having a kitchen, dining table and living room, surely that should be the bare minimum standard when renting an apartment?

Then I remembered the god awful looking accommodation they had in SF and the fact that they literally congregated in corridors to do classes and it made a little more sense

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Screenshot_2020-09-14-19-45-05-15.jpg
You know there's a serious issue with accommodation and the style of online lessons when your 'new fave study spot' is literally sat on the floor. How much are you paying for this again?
I hope she is joking about it being her favourite spot.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I reckon she’s gonna be a wellness coach when she finishes this uni thing, unless she walks straight into another MLM, it’s just something I can see her flogging

Reactions: 12
I reckon she’s gonna be a wellness coach when she finishes this uni thing, unless she walks straight into another MLM, it’s just something I can see her flogging
Her dad is one of the few juiceplus employees on a real payroll which tells you how high up he is. I'm sure Jadey will join him.

Reactions: 6
Going back to the conversation a few pages ago about the class times ... I think the thing that pisses me off most is it shows once again just how rich and fortunate Minerva students must be. Unis typically do daytime lectures because, i don’t know, students need to work in the evenings??! so that they can afford their rent and the necessities like food. but clearly this isn’t an issue for ✨minervans✨ if they can be doing lectures from 10pm-1am. Fucks me right off.

Reactions: 16
I’m so jealous. I wish I could pay $100,000+ to sit on the floor and have crappy online classes late at night.

Oh no wait. That sounds terrible.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Going back to the conversation a few pages ago about the class times ... I think the thing that pisses me off most is it shows once again just how rich and fortunate Minerva students must be. Unis typically do daytime lectures because, i don’t know, students need to work in the evenings??! so that they can afford their rent and the necessities like food. but clearly this isn’t an issue for ✨minervans✨ if they can be doing lectures from 10pm-1am. Fucks me right off.
To be fair, with their student visas and moving around so much I question if they'd even be able to manage to get a job.

Reactions: 8
To be fair, with their student visas and moving around so much I question if they'd even be able to manage to get a job.
I could be making this up, but doesn't Minerva prevent/strongly discourage students from working anyway?

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I could be making this up, but doesn't Minerva prevent/strongly discourage students from working anyway?
Integration with normal people is prohibited. They must sip the Kool aid at all times.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Minerva offers a couple of jobs. Not sure if they actively discourage students form other jobs (sounds like the sort of thing that they would do) but I agree that in some countries it would probably be impossible to get one

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.