Unjaded Jade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jade’s stories are more childish that a child’s

“Me is so unique, me is so quirky, me is so indecisive”

I guess it comes with being an influencer but geez she’s 20 years old and it’s only getting worse.

Idk if I’m the only one but I have a feeling she is purposely deepening her voice (she gives me Elizabeth Holmes vibes)

Reactions: 11
Jade is unsalvageable
“Realising the magic and beauty of the stories of the streets” ????????

What “magical and beautiful” is there to living in the street Jade ????

Are you completely out of your mind?

There sure may be some interesting stories but don’t call homelessness *beautiful* 😐 .

You’re a Tory with white saviour complex Jade.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
This casual magic tit is stupid! She can only achieve some of these things because of her dad’s job! Come on Jade don’t kid yourself, you’re a fake!

Reactions: 11
Jade is unsalvageable

There sure may be some interesting stories but don’t call homelessness *beautiful* 😐 .

...is she trying to romanticise homelessness?

If her uni had really immersed her in living in San Francisco, they surely should have encouraged them all to learn about reasons for homelessness and why it's so rife in San Francisco and what they can do to help.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Jade is unsalvageable

I mean, for all we know the story could actually be interesting, but she has such an immature way of talking about it! The idea could be okay if developed in the right way, but describing homelessness as beautiful is wrong on so many levels...

Reactions: 5
I mean, for all we know the story could actually be interesting, but she has such an immature way of talking about it! The idea could be okay if developed in the right way, but describing homelessness as beautiful is wrong on so many levels...
I read it...
It wasn't that "enlightening" and it must have taken like 10min tops to make
or maybe I just don't get it

Reactions: 5
...is she trying to romanticise homelessness?

If her uni had really immersed her in living in San Francisco, they surely should have encouraged them all to learn about reasons for homelessness and why it's so rife in San Francisco and what they can do to help.
So true! Anytime she talks about San Francisco and its problems it's always like a watered down version that you could tell a child. She never goes in depth.

I read it...
It wasn't that "enlightening" and it must have taken like 10min tops to make
or maybe I just don't get it
Never mind then, I will admit that it was very naive of me to give her the benefit of the doubt!

Reactions: 2
Only someone who is extremely privileged and has never been homeless could romanticise homelessness. IIRC, in one of her Minerva vlogs at the end she also encouraged people to bring a cup into a coffee shop to make it look like she bought something and wouldn’t be bothered for taking up space as a pro tip before people called her out for it. She clearly thinks she’s special and has all this unique insight. When she started her youtube channel at 16 I feel like she wasn't that bad but now? She's absolutely insufferable.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
She romanticised poverty on her ICS trip talking about how “simple” life was in Uganda so not totally shocked she’s posted something like this about homelessness. For someone who’s so proud of being aware of social issues she’s completely out of touch, the white saviourism is strong with this one.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Why did she not upload her Japan vlogs from last year? Also, she spent 3 months in Uganda but only uploaded a 12 minute vlog for all of that time. It just seems strange because she uploaded so much content for her Europe and Australia solo travelling, plus her time in France on the French course.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I've had a privileged upbringing and I don't give a ****. I accept it and say 'so what?' I wish Jade would do the same. Her pseudo-hippy act is borderline intolerable No wonder she didn't make it into Oxford. She would've been bullied there.

Reactions: 10
Now she’s saying she knows nothing about politics? Nah don’t lie, you’re a closet Tory and it’s time you admitted it

Reactions: 8
Now she’s saying she knows nothing about politics? Nah don’t lie, you’re a closet Tory and it’s time you admitted it
Yeah I call bs on that one. She’s so “educated” in all other areas of life, she’s got to have some kind of understanding even if only surface level, one of her yt friends has made quite a few politics videos so even just watching those.

Reactions: 7
Yeah I call bs on that one. She’s so “educated” in all other areas of life, she’s got to have some kind of understanding even if only surface level, one of her yt friends has made quite a few politics videos so even just watching those.
I just don’t think she’s as clued in to all these world issues as she lets on. When she was younger she buried her head in her books and focused 100% on revision and ‘being productive’ etc etc. While school encourages you to read around subjects and educate yourself, I don’t think Jade really got any decent life experience.

The main thing I have an issue with is the fact that now, after travelling and seeing the world a bit more, and meeting people etc etc, she STILL comes across as extremely ignorant and entitled. She might have worked hard to get where she needed to be, but the fact she still has this air of ‘I’m better and more experienced than you’ is ridiculous! Especially when she contradicts herself by saying ‘I don’t know much about politics’.

It seems like she’s putting up a front and trying to make this online persona that’s ‘productive and inspiring’ when in actual fact, she’s just a pretty average 20 year old, at uni, like most 20 year olds would be. She isn’t the only one to have taken a gap year and volunteered, and she’s not the only one who chose to study abroad. She needs to stop acting like she’s so different when in actual fact she’s as average as the next poorly-experienced young person!

Reactions: 12
Have you seen her last instagram post? About "likeminded people" and brainstorming startup ideas just for fun?:LOL:

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.