Unjaded Jade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It seems like a nightmare to me. Sharing a room with someone, not even having your own desk space (at least, i didn't see any), having classes that late at night... None of it seems conducive to a good study environment. Why would you want that??

Reactions: 15
As a Brit I've always found Americans sharing a dorm room for their first year of college to be unusual, but I can see how it's a rite of passage, makes them a little more respectful of others etc. But with the prices Minerva charge, making them share a room is a joke.

When I lived in London I shared a house with 3 others, had my own spacious bedroom and I think my rent was around £500 a month (this was a few years ago however)

These privileged kids are getting ripped off, then again what do you expect when you attend a university that's run as a business?

Reactions: 14
These privileged kids are getting ripped off, then again what do you expect when you attend a university that's run as a business?
The Minerva Project is a for-profit corporation after all.

The whole set up is for the convenience of the people at the top. They're selling themselves as having principles but it's a cover up for the original goal of making a lot of money.

Reactions: 8
(I haven't found out how to cite someone on here so (can anyone help how to do that?) I am just going to @ the person I'm referring to)
@emm: Yeah fortunately only one of my exams got cancelled in March (only 2 days prior though so I had already been studying 2 weeks for this..) but it was an oral one so that one actually got rescheduled and I could take it a month later through skype. But this semester I have to take 6 written exams, so yeah those I can't take online.

@July9696: Our University system really sucks right now considering exams. And because we still have to practice social distancing during the exams the lecture halls are too small since they can only fit a small amount of students than what they would fit usually. So they had to rent out huge congress/exhibition halls (don't know correct translation) outside of the city. Which means I had to bike like 45min to get there. It really is ridiculous and sad at the same time. But they won't do online exams since they say it will be too easy. And I think it is like that for a lot of the German universities (granted, my semester abroad studying in California was by far the easiest semester out of all my undergrad and graduate studies)

But yeah, for written exams we have to sign a document that we don't show any symptoms/are not supposed to quarantine and that there is no pending Covid test, etc. If you lie and get other people sick there will be legal consequences. So you really just have to be extra careful. And most of the covid rules have already been lifted but I have basically been living the same since March because of exams.

Reactions: 3
(I haven't found out how to cite someone on here so (can anyone help how to do that?) I am just going to @ the person I'm referring to)
@emm: Yeah fortunately only one of my exams got cancelled in March (only 2 days prior though so I had already been studying 2 weeks for this..) but it was an oral one so that one actually got rescheduled and I could take it a month later through skype. But this semester I have to take 6 written exams, so yeah those I can't take online.

@July9696: Our University system really sucks right now considering exams. And because we still have to practice social distancing during the exams the lecture halls are too small since they can only fit a small amount of students than what they would fit usually. So they had to rent out huge congress/exhibition halls (don't know correct translation) outside of the city. Which means I had to bike like 45min to get there. It really is ridiculous and sad at the same time. But they won't do online exams since they say it will be too easy. And I think it is like that for a lot of the German universities (granted, my semester abroad studying in California was by far the easiest semester out of all my undergrad and graduate studies)

But yeah, for written exams we have to sign a document that we don't show any symptoms/are not supposed to quarantine and that there is no pending Covid test, etc. If you lie and get other people sick there will be legal consequences. So you really just have to be extra careful. And most of the covid rules have already been lifted but I have basically been living the same since March because of exams.
I couldn't quote anyone until I had already done 2 replies, it appears next to "like" for me

Reactions: 2
Hey- long time lurker here. I have a million different things to say about Jade but for now I wanted to come on here and say does anyone else think she might be really struggling at the moment? I'm not usually one speculate about someone's mental health, it's none of the internet's business after all, however the overwhelming amount of toxic positivity in her content at the moment seems to me like some sort of coping mechanism. It's not healthy to try and force things to be good when they're not, you have to just accept a lot of things in life are just kind of crappy. She gives me the impression of someone who thinks if you're not seeing something in the most positive way then you're seeing it in the wrong way.

I used to enjoy her content (finding some things a little irritating but knowing she means well) however in the recent months/year her constant desire to find the positive in life is painful to watch. It's also getting kind of offensive? Really made my stomach curl when she referred to her roommates' energy as ✨Brazilian✨... She is 100% the type of person to call someone not from the UK ✨exotic ✨ and I can't believe no one in her life has called her out on this- she certainly knows enough people.

Reactions: 16
I actually wonder if part of this positive mindset stuff comes from her dad who apparently is pretty high in the MLM business.
I can't imagine telling audiences/a team if he has one that they should be positive and strive to do their best or whatever it is they say, and it not rubbing off into your general or parenting lifestyle.

Reactions: 10
Imagine wanting to take a nap in between classes but your 2 other room mates are being loud but they’ve got no where else to go

• Sad
Imagine wanting to take a nap in between classes but your 2 other room mates are being loud but they’ve got no where else to go
The whole room mate agreement is so stupid, like yes some conflict can arise in shared living but you shouldn’t be forced to do it that way

Ironic that jack edwards mentions toxic positivity in his latest video about you tuber books and then has been tweeting about living through jade and eves berlin videos... come on tell ya pal she is brain washed

Last edited:
Hey- long time lurker here. I have a million different things to say about Jade but for now I wanted to come on here and say does anyone else think she might be really struggling at the moment? I'm not usually one speculate about someone's mental health, it's none of the internet's business after all, however the overwhelming amount of toxic positivity in her content at the moment seems to me like some sort of coping mechanism. It's not healthy to try and force things to be good when they're not, you have to just accept a lot of things in life are just kind of crappy. She gives me the impression of someone who thinks if you're not seeing something in the most positive way then you're seeing it in the wrong way.

I used to enjoy her content (finding some things a little irritating but knowing she means well) however in the recent months/year her constant desire to find the positive in life is painful to watch. It's also getting kind of offensive? Really made my stomach curl when she referred to her roommates' energy as ✨Brazilian✨... She is 100% the type of person to call someone not from the UK ✨exotic ✨ and I can't believe no one in her life has called her out on this- she certainly knows enough people.
I completely agree. It’s so obvious that she’s trying to convince herself that she’s living her best life when in reality she has no idea wtf she’s doing, she just can’t tell anyone that because she was embarrassed enough about not going to the uni she originally wanted to and doesn’t want to lose face by saying she messed up by choosing Minerva

Reactions: 10
Are her parents paying her Minerva fees? She doesn't seem so grateful to them if they are.

Reactions: 6
I also think Minerva was like a rebound reaction and that she’s regretting it but doesn’t want to start again after having done one year and a gap year. I think she does enjoy being abroad but come on, who is she kidding about being okay about sharing a bedroom and doing classes at unsociable hours? It must be quite draining actually. Her mum seems really sweet but also really nervous?

I hope Folkert isn’t under any pressure to be as “casually magic” or maverick as his sister.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I also think Minerva was like a rebound reaction and that she’s regretting it but doesn’t want to start again after having done one year and a gap year. I think she does enjoy being abroad but come on, who is she kidding about being okay about sharing a bedroom and doing classes at unsociable hours? It must be quite draining actually. Her mum seems really sweet but also really nervous?

I hope Folkert isn’t under any pressure to be as “casually magic” or maverick as his sister.
I lowkey hope Folk ends up at a great, non-Oxbridge uni and has the time of his life there which might show her Minerva was a bad, costly mistake.

Reactions: 24
I lowkey hope Folk ends up at a great, non-Oxbridge uni and has the time of his life there which might show her Minerva was a bad, costly mistake.
If he's doing foreign languages he actually has a crack at Oxbridge as they don't get as many applicants... Imagine Jade's reaction 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8

I personally think she's overcompensating for her Oxford rejection, and doing the exact opposite of a typical UK university experience.

I think she pinned all her hopes on Oxford, and when she didn't get in she had to pivot 180 instead of just settling for Bristol (not that there's anything wrong with Bristol or the typical UK university experience, but in Jade's eyes there definitely is)

Reactions: 12
People have speculated she's getting it free/reduced due to her SM following.
In addition to this, I've always thought that Minerva approached Jade first. I don't think she stumbled across them by sheer chance. I bet they've had their eyes on recruiting a studytuber for a while to boost their recognition, and saw that Jade would be a perfect target - optimistic, loves travel, etc. And it's been a wonderful marketing strategy for them. Suddenly thousands of people who had no idea what Minerva was are now aware of them, and no doubt some unfortunate naive souls have applied after watching Jade's videos.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
In addition to this, I've always thought that Minerva approached Jade first. I don't think she stumbled across them by sheer chance. I bet they've had their eyes on recruiting a studytuber for a while to boost their recognition, and saw that Jade would be a perfect target - optimistic, loves travel, etc. And it's been a wonderful marketing strategy for them. Suddenly thousands of people who had no idea what Minerva was are now aware of them, and no doubt some unfortunate naive souls have applied after watching Jade's videos.
And they would have seen how completely devestated she was when she was rejected from Oxford so she would have been very easy prey. I think you are on to something here!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.