Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CrystalWench

Chatty Member
President Zelensky is incredibly handsome, I didn’t want to say and appear shallow, but yes handsome, brave and a true leader.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44

bubbadabut

VIP Member
How are the DM allowed to use the quoted headline 'I'll drop father of all bombs', when in the article, it's clear that he hasn't actually uttered those words? The situation is bad but we don't need despicable clickbait like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: 44

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
My mum has a a friend who left Belarus 6 years ago, she had 2 young kids and left them behind with her parents while she set up in the U.K.,
went back and got them 4 years ago, married in the U.K. has another kid, they have citizenship and live legally in the U.K. but that was over a grand each, she’s been trying to get her parents out when she had enough money to help them pay for housing but they’re settled and old and….have dogs 😐

Anyway oldest boy is now 15-16,
Her parents got a phone call from a government official looking for him yesterday asking when he’d be back, so he can sign up for the army 😳

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 42

chickhicks86

VIP Member
I'm usually found in the PTWM threads, but I, like many others, have found myself glued to this thread today. Just wanted to say what a clever, informed lot of trolls you all are. It's refreshing to read balanced and educated comments on here.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Mark81

VIP Member
I don't see staying, leading and fighting alongside your countrymen for your country as martyrdom. I find that quite a shocking opinion tbh. He is obviously doing something right as they haven't found him yet, I'd say he is being quite clever

He would do no good fleeing the country, he may save himself and family but the country would be doomed.

Hmm I don’t know about Zelensky. He comes across as radicalised in his recent videos. I really don’t think there is any glory in war. I don’t think writing off his wife and kids to a certain death and forcing his people to fight in the name of a country is admirable at all.
The other option is to let Russia walk on in.

They are literally fighting for their lives.

Would we not do the same? Or would be let Russia just take over the UK

Reactions: 41

thegirlscout

VIP Member

Thought I’d make a follow on thread as we had reached the threshold of pages on the other one.

Since 2014 there has been an ongoing armed conflict that mainly focused on the east of Ukraine and separatist forces. On February 24 2022, Russia launched a full scale invasion of Ukraine which has led to both civilian and military casualties on the Ukrainian side and reports of military casualties on the Russian.

Latest news 25/02/2022:
  • Global markets tanked with Russia's ruble sliding to its lowest value ever
  • The price of oil shot up to over $100 per barrel
  • EU will freeze Russian assets, halt access to financial market and target 'Kremlin interests'
  • G7 called Putin a 'threat to global order' vowing 'severe and coordinated economic and financial sanctions'
  • Joe Biden announced new sanctions targeting Russian banks, exports and military
  • Russia's largest bank Sberbank will be severed from the US financial system, and full sanctions are imposed on four other financial institutions
  • Boris Johnson called the invasion a 'catastrophe for our continent' and branded Putin a 'dictator'
  • China repeated calls for talks but refusing to criticise Russia's attack. Leaks yesterday for the Chinese government showed China was veering to the side of Russia and didn’t want any negative press about Russia in their news
  • Moldova declared a state of emergency
  • Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said invasion is 'heavy blow' to regional peace
  • NATO ambassadors scheduled an emergency meeting on Thursday
  • UN Security Council will discuss a resolution condemning the invasion
  • Ukraine demanded the world banish Russia from SWIFT banking system. Allegedly the EU has blocked calls from the US and the U.K. to do this
  • Ukraine’s President, Volodymyr Zelensky, is angry at the country being left to defend itself alone: 'They're killing people and turning peaceful cities into military targets. It's foul and will never be forgiven…We have been left alone to defend our state. Who is ready to fight alongside us? I don't see anyone…Who is ready to give Ukraine a guarantee of NATO membership? Everyone is afraid.'
  • There are fears that the Ukrainian capital, Kyiv, will fall with some newspaper outlets reporting as soon as the weekend.
  • Ukrainian interior ministry adviser reports missile strikes on Kyiv, with local media and eyewitnesses reporting air defenses engaged over city

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

CallieLallie

Im really glad I came across this thread. You guys talk alot of sense and for the likes of me who doesn't know much and still learning as I go. Thank you plus not as overwhelming as the news

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Re the comments about Europe not doing enough… short of sending soldiers in and denying swift access is there more we can do? Genuine question.
That's the problem. We are stuck because as soon as we make the wrong move (Wrong in Putin's eyes) we are in WW3 and he has already threatened nuclear weapons. I think this is why this is unsettling so many people. We seem stuck in between a rock and a hard place.

On a side note I hate hate HATE that Putin is saying this is to de-nazify Ukraine as his excuse. As a Jewish woman I find it so insulting he is using that to justify the needless killing for his own agenda.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
To those here saying they don’t want to be a part of this world….. YOU are exactly what we need right now. Please don’t give up. I hear what you’re saying and I have been thinking the same today ……what is the point eh??? But we need all the lovely souls who feel with hearts so kind and loving to get the world through this. Hugs. This is a safe space 😊😘

• Heart
Reactions: 39

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Other news to add (ran out of time to edit my original post)
  • President Zelensky has been given intel that he is Russia’s number 1 target and his family is their number 2 but is adamant at remaining in the country.
  • 13 border guards were shot down after refusing the surrender after being confronted by a Russian warship on Snake Island in the Black Sea. The border guards told the Russians to ‘go fuck yourselves’. Zelensky said they will posthumously be awarded the Hero of Ukraine medal, according to Pravda news. Here is a video, I believe, with subtitles of the confrontation:

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Ginnyjo

VIP Member
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Pinotsgoats

The Ukrainian Ambadassor in the UN at the minute "Your words have less value than a hole in a New York pretzel!" When they get born, do Ukrainians get an extra dose of stone cold big bollockness? (men and women)

I seriously have a huge crush on basically the whole country

• Heart
Reactions: 37