Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Smileygirl

I’m not UK based but curious to know if you (uk based )
Can see the links on Putin tweets

Vladimir Putin and President of France Emmanuel Macron discussed the situation in Ukraine

Reactions: 1

Notredamn

VIP Member
I've read that all the major telecommunication companies in the UK are making calls to Ukraine free. Finally, they've done something good.
I can barely imagine the terror ordinary Ukranians are feeling as their cities are lit by flames and the stutter of gunfire echoes through the deserted streets. Thank God they have Zelenskiy. If only we had such an admirable leader. He should be an inspiration to all those smug, overfed politicians who ooze on to our screens and waffle away.
I hope everyone on here is all right, and not too overwhelmed. These are emotionally febrile and desperate times. My thoughts are with you all as well.

How do you think Ukranians would react if Zelenskiy a) threw in the towel to save his own skin b) urged them to submit to Russia?
I agree that war is not a noble thing. It is the exploitation of the working and middle classes by those who have a vested interest in maintaining their hold on money and power. But courage is admirable. Resistance to opressors is admirable. Standing against tyranny, greed and despotism is both admirable and essential.
How would I know?
all I know so far is that he’s hiding somewhere having handed out tens of thousands of guns out to normal people, blocked his people from leaving the borders and told them all to fight in his name.

Sorry but Russia invading the UK could easily happen if this escalates further in Europe. Unlikely yes, absurd, no. There seems to be an element of 'this is Ukraines problem', but there is a reason the west is so concerned.

And please don't assume things, I am not drooling or find him hot. I admire a strong leader standing up for his country and his people against bullying aggression. I'm sure he has plenty of bad points, but right now, in battle fighting for survival he is admirable
It would never happen. If it got to that point we’d simply be nuked.
I was making a generalisation with the ‘hot’comment, I’m not having a personal argument with you. I can say what I like about the situation, this is literally a gossip forum.