Ukraine Russia War #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They are right about Trump though. As much as he acted like an orange idiot he kept Putin in his place.
Ridiculous, he did no such thing. In fact, Trump wanted the US to leave NATO, but under great protest he delayed it until after the election because the GOP was worried it would hurt him. See also: the Open Skies Treaty, which the US did leave in December of 2020 (and then Russia did as well this past December), which would have helped prevent the current crisis.

The strong man act was just that, an act. He is a coward and a fool.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Ridiculous, he did no such thing. In fact, Trump wanted the US to leave NATO, but under great protest he delayed it until after the election because the GOP was worried it would hurt him. See also: the Open Skies Treaty, which the US did leave in December of 2020 (and then Russia did as well this past December), which would have helped prevent the current crisis.

The strong man act was just that, an act. He is a coward and a fool.
Sorry for my opinion :rolleyes:

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Putin has millions of dollars in reserve - a strong currency to have a lot of (and a lot of it likely stolen from cyber-attacks). Putin has been planning for economic sanctions. Economic sanctions won't immediately hurt as much because of this. India and China also are backing Russia and will continue to trade.
True - over 6 billion in war chest and he made a deal with China on 4th February regarding oil/gas exports.

Reactions: 10
At first this thread terirified me however i love how balanced it is here and theres no scare mongering we deal with real facts that really helps too i think
I thought Tattle was just a gossip forum. Have never been so well informed on world events and love the fact that it's members are well informed and believe in freedom of speech without judgement.

I’ve a feeling Zelensky will be dead very soon. He’s absolutely prepared to go down fighting for his country. Could never imagine Boris doing that could you?
I think I'm in love with Zelensky.

I don’t want to be part of this world. 😭
I understand, it gets me that way too.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
1645857844275.png

1645857889095.png

Serious question: when was the last time Zelenskyy slept? I hope he's able to get have a quick snooze every so often, there's only so long the body can go without

I thought Tattle was just a gossip forum. Have never been so well informed on world events and love the fact that it's members are well informed and believe in freedom of speech without judgement.

I think I'm in love with Zelensky.

I understand, it gets me that way too.
BiB.
Pretty much, yes.

Reactions: 18
EDIT
How many leaders would do this? Zelenskyy, you're incredible, sir.
I think this is true on some level, but like was said in the Twitter thread there - the Ukrainians would be best served by a living 'badass' president, than one who died a martyr. Arguments for both sides, I guess.

Reactions: 9
I think this is true on some level, but like was said in the Twitter thread there - the Ukrainians would be best served by a living 'badass' president, than one who died a martyr. Arguments for both sides, I guess.
Yes but he would do no good if he fled the country. If he leave the people are abandoned and its all over. He is the people's rallying cry, and he is inspiring his people (and the world) by showing he is there and calling out Putins lies and fighting (or at least making decisions). He has to be seen to be believed.

Reactions: 28
Sorry for my opinion :rolleyes:
As always with Tattle, your opinion is most welcome only when it fits the narrative of the majority. Which is incredibly frustrating and depressing. Those of us who have been worn down by years of commentary on Trump/Brexit/Covid/whatever is not the populist opinion, rightly or wrongly now just sit on our hands rather than type. It usually isn't worth sharing the differing opinion and coming back a few hours later to many notifications of ridicule.

Yes but he would do no good if he fled the country. If he leave the people are abandoned and its all over. He is the people's rallying cry, and he is inspiring his people (and the world) by showing he is there and calling out Putins lies and fighting (or at least making decisions). He has to be seen to be believed.
I understand that, but disagree. History so rarely falls on the side of the martyr however 'right' his cause may be in these few hours.

It is depressing and scary all round.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Hmm I don’t know about Zelensky. He comes across as radicalised in his recent videos. I really don’t think there is any glory in war. I don’t think writing off his wife and kids to a certain death and forcing his people to fight in the name of a country is admirable at all.

Reactions: 6
I don't see staying, leading and fighting alongside your countrymen for your country as martyrdom. I find that quite a shocking opinion tbh. He is obviously doing something right as they haven't found him yet, I'd say he is being quite clever

He would do no good fleeing the country, he may save himself and family but the country would be doomed.

Hmm I don’t know about Zelensky. He comes across as radicalised in his recent videos. I really don’t think there is any glory in war. I don’t think writing off his wife and kids to a certain death and forcing his people to fight in the name of a country is admirable at all.
The other option is to let Russia walk on in.

They are literally fighting for their lives.

Would we not do the same? Or would be let Russia just take over the UK

Reactions: 42
They are right about Trump though. As much as he acted like an orange idiot he kept Putin in his place. Biden is useless
He was Putin's greatest achievement. Kept him in his place? Vlad put him in place!
I do agree about Biden, though. Such a disappointment.

Putin looks bloated, flushed and unwell. I hope he dies a painful death.
A morning glass of novichok helps the tyrant go down...

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.