Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kezzle1

Chatty Member
If you think the instahuns are bad I have a relative (who i no longer talk to I must add) who is posting all over twitter that Putin is a good guy and deserves a medal. They utterly disgust me.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 34

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Just reading about Vitali Klitschko, the mayor of Kiev - he’s a hall of fame heavyweight boxing champion, so’s his brother. Their dad was a Chernobyl first responder. True leadership

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Carpediem69

VIP Member
Can't stop watching all of this. Seriously what has the world come to. Turned 24 a month ago and I feel like life has just been a shit show for the past three years. How can one man destroy peace like this. I don't see him stopping at Ukraine unfortunately. Absolutely heart breaking . I've just seen on Instagram a Ukrainian woman say "I've woken up in a new life today. I am now a refugee, and I don't think I can handle it." Heartbreaking for those poor people
This is not aimed at you personally but this is the reason the older generations despair at the calls from some to delete and ignore our history - it needs to be taught and listened too because people will hopefully learn from past mistakes and never make them again - all the constant demands to cancel this, that and the other has been a distraction from real world politics. Putin must have been laughing his botox’d face off - as we removed statues, defund the police etc etc
as I say JMO but the frustration and despair is palpable - this is what happens when we turn our backs - I know it is very scary and I do hope you are ok - stay here for some support 😘

• Heart

Autisteuse

VIP Member
I've read that all the major telecommunication companies in the UK are making calls to Ukraine free. Finally, they've done something good.
I can barely imagine the terror ordinary Ukranians are feeling as their cities are lit by flames and the stutter of gunfire echoes through the deserted streets. Thank God they have Zelenskiy. If only we had such an admirable leader. He should be an inspiration to all those smug, overfed politicians who ooze on to our screens and waffle away.
I hope everyone on here is all right, and not too overwhelmed. These are emotionally febrile and desperate times. My thoughts are with you all as well.

Hmm I don’t know about Zelensky. He comes across as radicalised in his recent videos. I really don’t think there is any glory in war. I don’t think writing off his wife and kids to a certain death and forcing his people to fight in the name of a country is admirable at all.
How do you think Ukranians would react if Zelenskiy a) threw in the towel to save his own skin b) urged them to submit to Russia?
I agree that war is not a noble thing. It is the exploitation of the working and middle classes by those who have a vested interest in maintaining their hold on money and power. But courage is admirable. Resistance to opressors is admirable. Standing against tyranny, greed and despotism is both admirable and essential.

• Heart

monga

VIP Member
Just saw a Russian military vehicle flatten a civillian car that was driving on a main road ( no reason for it ) the old fella survived and is being cut out of the wreckage ,they're just on a random killing spree by the look of it ,a lot of Russian fatalities too .

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow

justbeingnosy98

• Heart
  • Sad

Notredamn

VIP Member
A boy who went to my Uni went viral during the fall of Kabul for travelling to Afghanistan and eventually having to be evacuated, taking a seat on the plane from someone innocent just because he “enjoys extreme tourism”. He was in Ukraine a couple of weeks ago but left thinking nothing was going to happen. This morning he has got on a flight to Poland and plans to travel by train, bus or foot to Ukraine. He’s absolutely insane and it makes me SO angry. His argument is that he pays his taxes so should be able to be evacuated if he needs to be, but doesn’t really care if he dies there. Literally makes my blood boil that he things it’s “fun” to visit Ukraine right now. It’ll be easy to Google him if you want to look into his time in Afghanistan, he was very active on socials whilst he was there and I expect he will be whilst in Ukraine too.
Yep, he’s the ultimate ghoul. Psychologists would have a field day with him.

Mark81

VIP Member
I don’t suggest he flees.
You can’t compare Russia invading the UK, it’s just too absurd. The political background just isn’t there.
I just don’t know about him. It’s better to question leaders than to just sit and drool over how ‘hot’ they are, anyhow.
Sorry but Russia invading the UK could easily happen if this escalates further in Europe. Unlikely yes, absurd, no. There seems to be an element of 'this is Ukraines problem', but there is a reason the west is so concerned. Hitler started off just as going after one country. One thing with Putin is we really don't know how far he will go, he comes across as more and more unhinged.

And please don't assume things, I am not drooling or find him hot. I admire a strong leader standing up for his country and his people against bullying aggression. I'm sure he has plenty of bad points, but right now, in battle fighting for survival he is admirable

• Heart

Nora Fenn

Chatty Member
My son has just come home from school for his lunch. He’s 18, a school boy, he’s still growing and very much still a child in my eyes. To think 18 year olds are being handed guns and sent to fight makes me feel ill 😥 There will be a lot of families with 3 generations of their boys and men out fighting.

• Sad
  • Heart

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Our disgrace of a government is refusing to waive visa applications for Ukrainians wanting to come to the U.K. There are actually Brits living there who won’t flee because they are worried their spouses won’t be allowed to come with them. Ireland has done so, so why can’t we we?

I actually hate this country I really do.

• Sad

veevee04

VIP Member
I personally think President Zelensky is so sexy didn't want to say 🤣🤣 he's fit , brave and loves his people . I wouldn't kick him out of bed. The Klitschko brothers are also fit think I must have a thing for Ukrainian men 🤣🤣.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
A lot of far right lunatics outside of Russia are pro Putin. They see him as anti establishment, but for context these people are also generally pro Trump, think Covid is hoax, that climate change is made up and that Bill Gates wants to use vaccines to inject us all with micro chips. Quite frankly they shouldn’t be allowed to cross the road unaided IMO but there you go.

• Haha

thegirlscout

VIP Member
These are from the Instagram stories of 2 women I follow. They both lived in Kyiv but have fled to the West of Ukraine.
2E3A1859-14B6-4DE4-A9E0-491CC7C6C083.jpeg
C717D959-EB9F-4F99-B4ED-0BED4C361A63.jpeg
686B5697-99FD-411C-BFC3-6EF0BE7F1451.jpeg

• Sad
  • Heart

Cáca_Milis

VIP Member
Just in relation to the RTE news interview with the Russian ambassador earlier:
Screenshot_20220226-023926_Twitter.jpg

Good man McCullagh! The ambassador should be catapulted out of here in a ball of his own shit 🇮🇪🇺🇦🇮🇪🇺🇦🇮🇪🇺🇦

• Haha
  • Heart

Nora Fenn

Chatty Member
I can’t watch any more news today, ITV news just showed a little girl, she looks about 5 or 6 crying that she doesn’t want to die and wants it all to end 💔💔💔

• Sad