Ukraine Russia War #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep. Bastards. Look what they've done to the World in the last couple of years....
That didn’t come from a lab 😂 ahh man, no repercussions for covid and no doubt no sanctions on China. China mine a lot of stuff in Africa and own a lot of utilities/schools in the UK. Why we ever let it get this far is beyond belief

Reactions: 18
NATO has troops in a few countries now. Some Lithuanian minister has called for a permanent NATO presence in the country, or so I read yesterday

Really, the issue is that Putin may turn around in a few years time, possibly when NATO is no longer there because things have potentially settled down, and decide to start annexing some border regions or launch a full-scale invasion. At the same time, it seems that they want to split Ukraine rather than fully take over it, so taking full control of Ukraine may remain the big thing for the next few years
After this I think every European country that isn’t a member will want to join asap and they will be fast tracking things.
There were also talks about fast tracking the whole process for Ukraine now. Zelensky even mentioned that he asked for this and so far nothing but I don’t think it can be ruled out that by next week they will be members.

Reactions: 15
President Zelensky is incredibly handsome, I didn’t want to say and appear shallow, but yes handsome, brave and a true leader.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Ahh man, China are so evil
I hope I’ve got this right, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. My understanding is that China want to seize Taiwan, Japan is likely to defend Taiwan with Australia as their ally so China are cosying up to Russia in the event they need their help.

Reactions: 27
I don't understand what they're saying about Finland and Sweden, is it because Finland offered aid to Russia? I'm a bit stoopid.
Edit Ukraine. Seriously stoopid
The Russians have a bit of history with Finland (I saw a Finn say last time Russia went to war with them, the Russians only took enough land to bury their dead).

One of the Tankie conspiracies is that Finland doesn't exist. You can really piss them off by asking them if they believe in Finland. Very entertaining.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I hope I’ve got this right, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. My understanding is that China want to seize Taiwan, Japan is likely to defend Taiwan with Australia as their ally so China are cosying up to Russia in the event they need their help.
Yes I think your right, and I think China is seeing how the west reacts to Russia in an exercise to see how much China can get away with!

Reactions: 16
Throw the US in the mix because Taiwan is by far the biggest semiconductor producer in the world.

Reactions: 13
After this I think every European country that isn’t a member will want to join asap and they will be fast tracking things.
There were also talks about fast tracking the whole process for Ukraine now. Zelensky even mentioned that he asked for this and so far nothing but I don’t think it can be ruled out that by next week they will be members.
Honestly, I think they will be left alone and he seems to know this by the tone in his first update yesterday:
He said, "Today I asked the 27 leaders of Europe whether Ukraine will be in NATO. I asked directly. Everyone is afraid, does not answer."

Reactions: 5
My mum has a a friend who left Belarus 6 years ago, she had 2 young kids and left them behind with her parents while she set up in the U.K.,
went back and got them 4 years ago, married in the U.K. has another kid, they have citizenship and live legally in the U.K. but that was over a grand each, she’s been trying to get her parents out when she had enough money to help them pay for housing but they’re settled and old and….have dogs 😐

Anyway oldest boy is now 15-16,
Her parents got a phone call from a government official looking for him yesterday asking when he’d be back, so he can sign up for the army 😳

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
India is another one that is going to continue trading with Russia I just read

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
The Russians have a bit of history with Finland (I saw a Finn say last time Russia went to war with them, the Russians only took enough land to bury their dead).

One of the Tankie conspiracies is that Finland doesn't exist. You can really piss them off by asking them if they believe in Finland. Very entertaining.
Jeeze I had no idea about that history. Interesting.

Reactions: 4
My mum has a a friend who left Belarus 6 years ago, she had 2 young kids and left them behind with her parents while she set up in the U.K.,
went back and got them 4 years ago, married in the U.K. has another kid, they have citizenship and live legally in the U.K. but that was over a grand each, she’s been trying to get her parents out when she had enough money to help them pay for housing but they’re settled and old and….have dogs 😐

Anyway oldest boy is now 15-16,
Her parents got a phone call from a government official looking for him yesterday asking when he’d be back, so he can sign up for the army 😳

This guy walked to the Polish border and reports the same stuff at the borders

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
I follow one who was due to have a tummy tuck in Lithuania but is delighted to have been gifted the same procedure in Dublin instead. She posted a story about Lithuanian concern for their borders and how she had been all booked to travel there next week 🙄
Know exactly who you are talking about 🙄 wouldn't know anything apart sitting on her couch and talking tit to her phone 24/7. Ridiculous

Reactions: 6
I don't know about this business of making civilians fight. A choice yes, a feeling of patriotism but forcing no.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.