Ukraine Russia War #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I might be being totally naive here but what would putin gain from nuking us? The moment anyone decided to escalate to that they would also face consequences and the world and their lives would be massively affected too.

Reactions: 9
Not to be a dick, but did they though? Why a hotel car park 😂
No idea she said it was weird 😂 was asking why it would be there herself. She was actually just asking me what flag it was and explaining the flag. So I assume it’s true because otherwise she’d have just said polish flags?

Reactions: 5
Yes. It's told to us as a story or some sort of fairytale and very much from a distant "we stand on the shoulders of giants" perspective. It's really shocked me how disassociated we have become from the horrors of WW1 and WW2, despite both wars still affecting and shaping European psyche (in general).
I wish more people read Wilfrid Owen, saw the graves in Europe, the camps etc. because it wasn't a story. I remember when I visited the camps (Auschwitz, Belsen, Treblinka and even when I spoke to women from the Mothers of Srebenica) - it was years ago but I have never ever forgotten it. I'm really sorry, I've got tears in my eyes writing this reply, the out of touch-ness is so unsettling and unnerving.
@Pinotsgoats I wish I'd studied History - I loved it at school - and I'm so glad you did. I wish the critical thinking your degree taught you was delivered in schools. I've not seen that film before, maybe when I feel a bit more stoic I shall try and watch it
Genuinely, it's an amazing film, but it's completely harrowing. We had a talk afterwards by a Polish refugee who said it was the only film he'd ever seen that conveyed what the war was like.

My mother's best friend when I was little was Bosniak. Thank you for remembering Srebenica.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Genuinely, it's an amazing film, but it's completely harrowing. We had a talk afterwards by a Polish refugee who said it was the only film he'd ever seen that conveyed what the war was like.

My mother's best friend when I was little was Bosniak. Thank you for remembering Srebenica.
❤ always

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I seen on Facebook people saying Putin is terminaly ill and he wants to leave a legacy like Hitler 😲

He's totally unhinged

Reactions: 10
priti patel is a horrible bleep isnt she??

This post is quite misleading. My understanding is the UK is not accepting visa applications made in Lviv (western Ukraine) but would accept applications made in other countries, which Ukrainians would have to travel through anyway to get to the UK.

Reactions: 10
I seen on Facebook people saying Putin is terminaly ill and he wants to leave a legacy like Hitler 😲

He's totally unhinged
he seems totally unhinged, I always just viewed him as power mad but the comments about the "nazification" of the ukraine, his expressions on tv... ot really seems that he has lost it totally

This post is quite misleading. My understanding is the UK is not accepting visa applications made in Lviv (western Ukraine) but would accept applications made in other countries, which Ukrainians would have to travel through anyway to get to the UK.
but if they cannot get out of the ukraine? have you seen the traffic trying to leave in the last couple of days?

Reactions: 11
I might be being totally naive here but what would putin gain from nuking us? The moment anyone decided to escalate to that they would also face consequences and the world and their lives would be massively affected too.
I often wonder about this but I’m afraid to sound stupid 😂 I mean if there was a nuclear war who’s the winner when there’s very little of the world left?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I often wonder about this but I’m afraid to sound stupid 😂 I mean if there was a nuclear war who’s the winner when there’s very little of the world left?
If he's terminaly ill he won't be caring and he will make sure his kids are in a bunker

Reactions: 9
Often with the nuclear option it’s not about what would happen after but the threat of it and calling leaders bluff... or not 😐

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.