Ukraine Russia War #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m afraid a lot of Russians are beyond help. They have grown up with a steady diet of state led propaganda and probably believe the Ukraine is a gangster state and that the Russian liberators are a force for good.

God I know the UK isn’t perfect, but I will be for ever grateful that we have the Mail on one hand, the Guardian and many publications and outlets that lie inbetween, who can publish without fear of censorship or arrest.

I may not like what some people say. I may disagree with every fibre of my being. But my god I defend their right to say it. Censorship and deplatforming is the first sign of cowardice.
I know we have our issues but I’ve always felt lucky to have been born a British citizen.

Reactions: 31
I've complained to IPSO about the DM. If they think Harry and Meghan are vexatious, they ain't seen nothing yet 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Along with people speaking out in Russia hopefully this anger will start something, maybe a change for some of those close to Putin. Who knows, but they are showing their voice.
This is Putin’s war, not ordinary Russians.
View attachment 1087833
I loved Tbilisi when I was there years ago. It's a crazy place, but passionate people.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Also the bbc reported tchernobyl is not inhabited. But it is. There’s a documentary called the cafe at Tchernobyl on Netflix and people still live there. Not loads and yes they’re Ill but they didn’t want to leave. It made me think of them. I imagine they never thought anybody would disturb them!!!

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Putin says he wants to rid Ukraine of Nazis.
But Ukraine’s President is….jewish?
And to rid Ukraine of Nazis his number 1 target is a..jewish man.
How does that work Vlad?!

Reactions: 35
You guys have gotten me into flight radar 🤦🏼‍♀️

That’s gonna be another distraction from my to do list tomorrow - looking at what planes are flying overhead! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I loved Tbilisi when I was there years ago. It's a crazy place, but passionate people.
I always say Tiblisi would be a great place for a hen do ! I think it’s wild and the people are fab ! Yet it is clearly dangerous , so maybe me pushing for a hen do there says something about my personality!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Yup, that’s the one. It’s a well placed permanent base and quite a lot of the UK military flights on FR24 during the evacuation of Afghanistan also came from there, dropping off in AE areas before returning to Akrotiri.

Edit: just noticed my misspelling in my original text. Middle aged and no reading specs to hand!
No worries, yes I’m familiar with Akrotiri and the bases in Cyprus as I am Cypriot. 🙂

Reactions: 8
I'm usually found in the PTWM threads, but I, like many others, have found myself glued to this thread today. Just wanted to say what a clever, informed lot of trolls you all are. It's refreshing to read balanced and educated comments on here.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I always say Tiblisi would be a great place for a hen do ! I think it’s wild and the people are fab ! Yet it is clearly dangerous , so maybe me pushing for a hen do there says something about my personality!
Haha, it was the roads I found crazy as well. Crossing was like a death jaunt on every occasion as they just didn't stop. What I did like though is it seemed to be generally well mixed. There was a Church, Synagogue and Mosque all near each other and people just seemed quite happy to be in each others company. Everyone kept asking if we were Russians and warmed up a bit when we said we weren't.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm usually found in the PTWM threads, but I, like many others, have found myself glued to this thread today. Just wanted to say what a clever, informed lot of trolls you all are. It's refreshing to read balanced and educated comments on here.
At first this thread terirified me however i love how balanced it is here and theres no scare mongering we deal with real facts that really helps too i think

Reactions: 25
Re all this flight tracking things, I presume aircraft only show on there if they want to be seen? Fans were following Taylor swift's 2 private jets and she got them removed from it.
In a simplistic sense, yes. During the evacuation out of Kabul for example, the military transport planes were generally keeping their transponders off or blocking them until they were high enough and far enough out. This meant they weren’t showing on things like FR24 or other flight tracking apps. Conversely, some of the ‘fighter’ planes and helicopters were turning there’s on in and around Kabul having kept them off/blocked further out. It’s sort of like showing you’ve got bollocks while still hiding your hand/protecting yourself I guess.

Russia will be well aware that there’s a lot of countries sniffing around the outside of Ukrainian airspace. There’s no need for those countries to hide some of it.

I realise this is a very simplistic view but just trying to provide a brief and basic explanation for those that may be concerned about things on FR24. It’s not unusual given the situation.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Sorry if this is a stupid question
But if the nutter did press the button, would the powers that be here know about it in time to press our button?

Reactions: 11
In a simplistic sense, yes. During the evacuation out of Kabul for example, the military transport planes were generally keeping their transponders off or blocking them until they were high enough and far enough out. This meant they weren’t showing on things like FR24 or other flight tracking apps. Conversely, some of the ‘fighter’ planes and helicopters were turning there’s on in and around Kabul having kept them off/blocked further out. It’s sort of like showing you’ve got bollocks while still hiding your hand/protecting yourself I guess.

Russia will be well aware that there’s a lot of countries sniffing around the outside of Ukrainian airspace. There’s no need for those countries to hide some of it.

I realise this is a very simplistic view but just trying to provide a brief and basic explanation for those that may be concerned about things on FR24. It’s not unusual given the situation.
Just wondered how countries detect threats when they're nearing their airspace is it radar only ?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.