Ukraine Russia War #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can someone explain in simple terms why Putin is doing this? I’ve googled this of course but there wasn’t exactly a straight or obvious answer.

I want to educate myself and not be ignorant.

Reactions: 18
I hope there is a huge divide, he'll be cutting off his own nose if he divides the people of Russia.

Lots in the military must believe in it though.

Some blue tickers are saying air traffic is down, is this bs or can the flightradar fans see an impact?

If air traffick is down and he launches a cyber attack is that bad’ ?

Reactions: 4
I physically and mentally couldn't do it either, I'd definitely be going on my own terms if things went seriously bad in the UK.

Reactions: 10
Same, it’s every man and woman for themselves at that point, I’m peacing out ✌
Same, I cannot comprehend living through something like that. I already have ptsd. I don't need war ptsd. But I'm thinking too far ahead. Let's me grateful for the days we do have 💙

Reactions: 11
I hope there is a huge divide, he'll be cutting off his own nose if he divides the people of Russia.

Some blue tickers are saying air traffic is down, is this bs or can the flightradar fans see an impact?

Flights are still coming into Heathrow. BA have had technical problems for a while.

Edit to add the current FR24 view of UK air traffic

Attachments

BA are reportedly saying it’s not a cyber attack. BAs systems are notoriously crap so a system wide outage isn’t that unusual for them!

Reactions: 22

Flightradar looks fine

Reactions: 8
How are the DM allowed to use the quoted headline 'I'll drop father of all bombs', when in the article, it's clear that he hasn't actually uttered those words? The situation is bad but we don't need despicable clickbait like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: 45
The members of Jinjer have updated and said they and their families are all safe (or they were at the time of them posting).

Watching Dirty Dancing and eating ice cream as a way to try and forget, for a couple of hours at least.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Can someone explain in simple terms why Putin is doing this? I’ve googled this of course but there wasn’t exactly a straight or obvious answer.

I want to educate myself and not be ignorant.
Putin thinks NATO are being provocative and they do not want Ukraine to join. Putin still sees Ukraine as Russian objects but they’re not. They have been throwing their weight around for years. He doesn’t like the west and capitalism and he doesn’t want Ukraine to have close links to the west and NATO. It feels like he is very paranoid

• Heart
I deleted the app a few weeks ago, it gave me such bad anxiety, every day to them is a brink of disaster, the end of the world, another virus or starvation etc. So bad for mental health, they seem to love literally terrorising the general public.

How are the DM allowed to use the quoted headline 'I'll drop father of all bombs', when he hasn't actually uttered those words? The situation is bad but we don't need despicable clickbait like this.

Reactions: 19
BA are reportedly saying it’s not a cyber attack. BAs systems are notoriously crap so a system wide outage isn’t that unusual for them!
I know BA well, they will lie through their teeth; CEO Sean will be BRICKING it as he knows what happened to Cruz when BA had lots of IT issues during his tenure. Sean has been BA for a long time and waited so long to br CEO. Also the UK government will tell them to lie and downplay. Next they will go for wider aviation to cause a bigger impact.

I wonder how many of the people in Russia that have no recollection of the Soviet Union (so 40 or under) actually see Ukraine as their own territory? I imagine there's been a lot of people educated with propaganda. At the same time with the internet it's more difficult to get the propaganda to stick.
I’m afraid a lot of Russians are beyond help. They have grown up with a steady diet of state led propaganda and probably believe the Ukraine is a gangster state and that the Russian liberators are a force for good.

God I know the UK isn’t perfect, but I will be for ever grateful that we have the Mail on one hand, the Guardian and many publications and outlets that lie inbetween, who can publish without fear of censorship or arrest.

I may not like what some people say. I may disagree with every fibre of my being. But my god I defend their right to say it. Censorship and deplatforming is the first sign of cowardice.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.