Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Exhaustednurse

VIP Member
This is another example of just utterly clueless she is and blind to her privilege.

Free trip to Rome, using her parents apartment in Spain. Her holidays are essentially free or heavily discounted.

She experiences things that most people who are genuinely forced to be frugal couldn’t even dream of experiencing.

So her self righteous, ‘look at me we try so hard and sacrifice so much by shopping in Lidl’ is meaningless.

Try shopping every week for food on a tiny budget, never having a holiday, no new free clothes or beauty products and live in rented accommodation paying a landlord’s mortgage for them!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Going away for the weekend = work
Setting up a shoot (aka laying the table) = work
Making a soup = work
Walking down the street = work
Hanging a picture on the wall = work
Painting the fence = work
Tiling the garden = work
Getting dressed = work
Searching the internet for pictures of people in glasses = work

What a life!

The only thing that looks remotely like work is the match making and jotter pad business and that’s because in typical Frugality style they make it massively over complicated with fiddly wrapping and stickers and no doubt hand write all the address labels. I like to watch them though just to feel like fucking superwoman holding down a full time job and still achieving stuff like walking down the street and surfing the internet in my spare time (go me).

• Haha

Spiesandliea

VIP Member
Shopping for tat, I think.

Also her Rome “recommendations” basically reads as “I didn’t want to spend any money so I ate only pasta and pizza and here’s a list of places I didn’t go but I’ve heard are good”.
She does that everywhere she goes, remember when they were gifted a stay in Whitstable and they sat in bed eating crisps and then she just put up a list of local restaurants she didn’t visit!

• Haha

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
And there is something off to me that an item of clothing is labelled ‘old’ when it seems to just mean that there’s no swipe up currently available — nothing to do with the age of the garment. Showing something that cannot be affiliate linked because you were gifted it two whole years ago is not act of heroism.

• Heart
Has she seriously just described herself as working “in tech” on her stories? You’re a sales rep for brands on Instagram you’re hardly a woman in tech / STEM beloved 😭

• Haha
  • Wow

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
“As a Mum with pretty much zero free time”…with one child in nursery and her husband at home with her both dictating their own working hours how does she have zero free time?!

jaymie

VIP Member
Can’t believe that this is a sentence I’m reading written by an adult on their monetised/professional blog. How is she not embarrassed?

View attachment 1199137
like…Alex…ikea sheet?

We changed our bed from double to King. And got our sheet from HM and IKEA.

What surprised me the most is the fact that she is trying so hard to keep up with her rich mates. Why splash money on frames and prints when you don’t even have spare to buy bedsheets?
Linen is pretty and trendy, but if you couldn’t afford linen then get something affordable.

This woman acts like she is better than high street bed sheets, but mate, you literally eat canned food. 🤮

Last edited:
  • Haha

itsyagal

She’s just so smug about certain things, she’s been on about those second hand books for the best part of a week - like she’s some kind of eco goddess, yet next week she will continue to buy 30 bits of tat from stores like Tiger. Make it make sense!

Xanadu81

Just popping on here to say I think these greedy people bought up all the limited Anya hindmarch bags I’d recognise those wardrobes anywhere…
728E71CD-DC60-4EFE-9DAB-DF6104C0AB5D.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16

uberoblique

Chatty Member
Is it just me or is every single post and story atm just about buying stuff?! Absolutely the most hypocritical influencer out there

Yep. She has no content beyond “I bought this piece of mass produced plastic tat of dubious provenance to continue cluttering up my apparently “minimalist” home”.

That and turning up to press jollies where she takes a few photos of her friends and says
almost nothing about the product.

MeWithTheHair

The absolute ignorant, privileged gall of anyone calling today - the start of a war, an invasion, hundreds and thousands of terrified families and people desperately trying to flee their homes, shown unfolding in real-time on every media outlet - a dream day. I feel sick. I don’t expect people like this to say anything about current affairs. They’re not obliged to just because they have an audience. In fact, I prefer it when they don’t. But calling it a DREAM DAY?!? Wooowwww.

Still, at least we’ve got some nice glasses photos to look forward to in the morning eh.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow

MeWithTheHair

I don’t get it. How thick does she think people must be to watch her craft this glasses Friday thing on the beg for specs over the past few months, getting predictable gift/ad/freebie after freebie then claim she’s ‘built this collection up over the years’?! You’ve literally documented yourself accumulating these all for free! Absolutely wild.

Attachments

• Heart

jaymie

VIP Member
Is very rich for her to talk about plastic waste when she seems to can’t live without tiger

A whole blog post about meal planning….dear lord
And a new office….these two must be raking it in to pay their 2 salaries, their staff and rental of an office as well as a mortgage, nursery fees for two etc….getting your eyes tested 20 times a year obviously pays more than we realise 🥴

• Haha
  • Wow
Free trip to Rome, using her parents apartment in Spain. Her holidays are essentially free or heavily discounted.
This and the rest of your comment is so, so true and why none of us should ever be #influenced. Women are entering IVAs at unprecedented rates and it’s because of shit like this - £2k hotels for a weekend city break being pitched as normal, being bombarded with constant “luxe” lifestyle imagery and inadequate disclaimers / explanations that they’ve not paid for it. Influencers performing frugality with tight meal plans so you think they’re in the same boat as us all trying to balance the books, all the while they’ve got a 30% LTV mortgage from mum and parents are saving for the kids and paying the school fees to boot.

Idk for ppl who actually have to pay for everything they have, who have kids and a mortgage, that £2k would probably go on things like saving for work done instead of holding your kitchen on a credit card balance??? 🤷🏻‍♀️ Just a thought

• Heart
I just can’t imagine entering a new financial obligation (renting office space) without a good idea of my existing monthly commitments?! Like the price of *everything* is rising, energy prices are causing secondary things like childcare costs to rise too. Why on earth would you rent a separate property/room if you can’t afford a sudden shock bill?