Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
Was also going to suggest Tk Maxx! If you went enough times you could get a whole le creuset collection. I have a big cast iron one from ProCook which is brilliant and a fraction of the price.

Mogmog

Chatty Member
They already had a third bedroom - they just made it a bit longer.

I found myself wondering the other day how they managed to buy their house. I thought I remembered reading that it didn't have a working kitchen or bathroom. You can't mortgage a house like that, right? Usually banks get nervous lending money on a house that isn't actually liveable. I just went and looked on her blog and what she said (a year later) was this:
"Yes we lived in it from day 1, not really because it was actually liveable (we had no heating, gas pipes, or a working kitchen) but because we didn’t have a choice…all our money went on the mortgage."
How did 2 people without steady jobs get a mortgage on a house with no heating, gas or kitchen? I actually think they were probably loaned the entire amount they needed by (her?) family, and then took out a mortgage later for what they could borrow on their "incomes", once they had sorted the heating and kitchen. Must be nice eh?

The retainer thing, I have no words. It speaks volumes that she wrote "couldn't be bothered" before "couldn't afford it". Talk about weird priorities.
I wonder if they bought it at auction? That would be lower than market value and makes sense how they could afford it. I think for auctions the deposit has to be paid after they've won the house too? (iirc, happy to be corrected)

I don't remember her ever mention the house being bought at auction but she also never mentioned the two storey extension so 🤷‍♀️

BillieR

Chatty Member
What's the deal with the giveaways? Have they bought all the items or have they been given to them by the brands?

BillieR

Chatty Member
I see the eye test was a “pr trial” or as the ASA would call it, an AD, Alex.

She’s giving the impression of someone with optical munchausens with her constant eye tests.
I had a quick Google of the ad labelling thing the other day and you know, Im not so sure that "PR trials" and "gifts" are officially ads? The way I read it is that its only an ad if the company pays you and/OR dictates what or how you post about the product or the company moving forwards

MeWithTheHair

If thats their tea what and when do they eat with their kids and what do they eat ?
I’ve wondered about this actually and surprised she’s not gone down the kids/mummy parenting route more, but I guess it clashes a bit with the attempt at styled/polished/prim vibe, all nappies and snot and general kiddy yuk. It’s a shame as that’s actually the sort of content id appreciate from her. Honest, useful, modern parenting stuff. “We only ate egg sarnies cz all our energy was spent feeding the kids and here’s what they ate” would be genuinely relatable!

(I may be massively projecting my own life onto this…!)

Maybe she’s overprotective of them and keeping them off the gram after previous failed attempts like the DangerShelf etc

And may have to fess up about SecretRoom upstairs if that’s where they play, eh…

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
Maybe it’s my Covid addled brain but I cannot see how putting a duvet on inside out and then flipping it is any easier . How does that work?

What do you flip?

Mustard

VIP Member
Her children won’t br able to share a bedroom for years, so the will either have to move or put in a loft conversion if they only have three bedrooms.

Unknown5

VIP Member
I hope they move, the house seems so sad - dark ground floor (think she said it's north facing), tiny garden, claustrophobic even though the floorspace is probably quite big and just impractical for a family with the office in the middle of downstairs, no dining table etc. I don't find it aspirational at all and I usually love Victorian houses.

I used to live on her road- renting a house identical many years ago and before she was there. I recognised the road and area. It was very different back then. I’m talking 20 years ago. The whole area has changed. The houses are really beautiful in my opinion although many are now split into flats due to their prices. Her house I agree, is completely swamped by stuff.