Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Libertine

VIP Member
I have spoke about this before especially re Alex and the impact it’s having on women, in particular those who will identify with her who have 2 small children.
I will say it again as I hope it provides some kind reality.
That period of your life is hard. Your money goes on mortgage and childcare and despite being utterly frazzled there is no spare money for anything that feels like a treat. It’s pretty relentless.
I remember it well.
It gets better. But please don’t let influencers like Alex make you believe that you aren’t doing it right because you are not fannying about on mini breaks, buying Dipytque candles and 7 pairs of glasses.
She should be ashamed of what she’s part off. It’s certainly not a feminist movement

Relentless is the perfect way to describe those early years with small children. It’s why so many relationships crack during this time.

I remember some weeks, depending on my shifts, spending more on childcare than I earnt. The average family are budgeting hard, watching their savings dwindle and prioritising paying bills then activities/clothes/equipment for the children. It’s around this time that many mothers say they haven’t bought new clothes for five years and are still wearing their nursing bras.

There aren’t many cheeky getaways to Rome. #prbollocks or not.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

Author123

Chatty Member
I see she’s now properly labelled all pages of her ad break story properly with ‘Ad’. 👋 Hi Alex! You’re welcome for the free ad compliance advice!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

CornedBeefHashtag

What a load of performative nonsense (re the books).

Meanwhile she is shilling £9 boxes of matches, encouraging excessive/unnecessary consumption + compromising her privacy, home & family life to thousands of strangers in order to bring in the £££

Please lay off the self congratulatory pats on the back Alex!

• Heart

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
It
Oh F off with your ‘we’ve donated to the food bank AND we’re reusing clothes!’ I hate that holier than thou attitude she has - really gets my goat 😂😂
It’s so performative. You’d think she was the first person to donate to a charity. Her boy may be wearing hand-me-downs today like millions of other children across the world but he also has plenty of brand new clothes. And she was in Tiger with her sister last weekend buying a load of crap - so she should drop the patronising tone.

• Heart

Dizzy

VIP Member
I don’t follow but I would unfollow (again 😂) for this. She has zero shame, practically begging people to swipe up and earn her some money to pay her gas bill. Get a proper fucking job you lazy bastard.

• Heart
My closest group of friends and I save some money every month, allows us to have a weekend away somewhere, we are probably her target audience here and it would never cross our minds to spend that much on 3 nights hotel, especially since we’ll likely fall into bed drunk and shower in it and that’ll be about it 😂 do t get me wrong we could if we wanted to, we just choose not to, would rather have three breaks for the same price. It’s a logistical nightmare trying to organise something and find a date that suits everyone, we certainly don’t just head off at the drop of a hat, we’re already looking at 2023 as a realistic option 😂
This is the thing, like especially in European cities you are truly spoilt for choice with hotels, airbnbs, etc. And it’s not as if you’re spending a lot of time in them? Like obviously there will always be a difference between a cheap hotel and a nice or fancy af one… but idk I struggle to believe that a hotel at that price point is worth it in that location. Imagine a lot of aspiring huns will just go to the bar or restaurant for the gram and fuck off elsewhere for the night tbh. 😳

The mental thing about Instagram is you’ve got adult children passed from parent’s purse to brands’ expense accounts telling grown ups earning money what to do as if their opinion is remotely relevant? Like you can’t even open ur front room window beloved pls sort out your personal affairs first 🙏🏻

• Haha
They do great work, but most of the women who appear on their insta feed are going for jobs in B&M or Asda and the like, trying to get back into some sort of work or never having had a job before. I very much doubt many of them follow a single person that was sat round that table nor could ever aspire to be like them, not probably want to be. I agree it would have been more inspiring to invite some of the success stories from the project. If I wasn’t already aware of them I wouldn’t have a clue what they did based on the posts from most of those that were there…so that’s been a roaring success then…but they’ve all got a new blusher so that’s nice

• Heart

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
‘We bought Sourdough as we don’t go out and this is a small luxury for us’ OH GET FUCKED HUN 😭😭😭
I call bullshit, as whenever she shows her egg sarnie based meal plan, there is at least one day where she has written OUT. I honestly think she rewrites stuff in her own head to convince herself she’s poor. When in fact she is just feeling hard done by compared to her perceived peers (privately educated former magazine stylists like Laura Fantacci, Sarah Tomczak and the girls from This is Mothership), who have husbands that actually go out to work and earn very well - as opposed to sitting around bumming off their wife’s insta page and laying 2 tiles a day.

• Heart

Imah

Chatty Member
i don’t post in this thread but follow Alex on insta and anytime she posts a money saving tip/reel it makes me want to throw up a little bit. The way she tries to live like someone on a low income just makes me so uncomfortable.

She has a lot of money and is born into wealth but makes herself out to be poorer when in reality she can afford whatever she wants, she just has a classic old money attitude of the way you stay rich is by not spending, which is all well and good and probably should be adopted by more but the way she makes out like she can’t even afford it is ridiculous.I imagine she’s one of those people who shouts about supporting small and local and yet when she goes out she’ll order tap water and the cheapest thing on the menu.

the meal plan reel was a perfect example of this. I’m a single person, I heavily meal plan to avoid waste and with inflation through the roof atm my shop is coming to £25ish, there’s no way she’s feeding 4 on that.

• Heart

itsyagal

Him trying to do the frozen puzzle and put a piece the colour of the dress at the bottom with a sticky out bit pointing down Past the border 🤦🏼‍♀️ Seriously how hard is a child’s jigsaw? 🥴
It’s just further proof of why the patio tiles took him so long 💀

• Haha

Spiesandliea

VIP Member
D37B2724-8F6D-415B-AEA4-EA84290D897E.jpeg

🤮🤮 I’m a bit of a fatty who can happily eat some crap but this is vile! Eat some bloody vegetables or at least use whole grain bread!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14

MeWithTheHair

This comment from Erica Davies must have killed her a bit inside. They’re buddies/pat-on-back-circle-jerk pals, right? (And Alex clearly a bit of a coat-tail hanger-on/copy-cat of Erica, style-wise). Anyway. Imagine having spaffed out so much content about painting these stripes, only to have a ‘friend’ clearly have missed or ignored it all and months later think it’s paper 😂

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 14