The Frugality #4 I spy with my little eye a secret second storey reaching up to the sky.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The picture on the grid this morning - did Dopey tile the side return last year too? I thought he’d just done the patio?
That is so weird?? She’s never shown that before and when she was saying how slowly it had all taken she was only ever showing like 2 metres square on the back patio. How odd of her?

Reactions: 1
I’m sure she showed a pic of the side return earlier this week and it was just faded and cracked masonry paint?
In which case this is either a computer generated image…. or they’ve had a professional in this week to do it?
OR Chris has been busy beavering away in between editing important Insta content & trips to ikea??

Reactions: 6
The thing is, given how long it took to lay the tiles on just part of the other bit of patio last year, it’s clear they are not comfortable doing the tiling so I do t think any one would begrudge them paying someone to get a professional to do it properly and speedily. It’s the time = money argument.

What is weird is being so secretive about it until asked specifically about it in the comments. Especially when she posted a picture of the side return earlier this week with all the worn paint- it was the ideal opportunity to share the plans.

Reactions: 10
It’s not just the lack of padding/weight 😂 it looks so ridiculous at this tight angle across her body and impossible to reach into it and get anything out. It’s like she filmed that on the first go and then just went “yep, that’ll do!”
36E5AEE3-8BF7-4279-B825-32E8818C4113.png

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The thing is, given how long it took to lay the tiles on just part of the other bit of patio last year, it’s clear they are not comfortable doing the tiling so I do t think any one would begrudge them paying someone to get a professional to do it properly and speedily. It’s the time = money argument.

What is weird is being so secretive about it until asked specifically about it in the comments. Especially when she posted a picture of the side return earlier this week with all the worn paint- it was the ideal opportunity to share the plans.
Absolutely! Really weird.

Seeing as she always seems to be scraping the barrel for content, I would have thought she could have made a fair bit of hay out of finding a tradesman, progress updates etc on this. Maybe we have that to look forward to 🤣

Definitely a sensible decision to get a professional in to just get in with it though. Tiling saga part 2 would have finished me off!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’m willing to put money on Topps Tiles having given them the tiles/ paid for the tiler. They’re all over the feed taking credit for the tiles.

ALSO - loads of great advice about not spending ££ on plants without getting inexpensive prof advice about what to plant where. But nooooo - Alex wants to “follow her nose”. Not even thanking people for the suggestions. Cue £500 down the drain on stuff that dies. Idiot.

Reactions: 14
I’m willing to put money on Topps Tiles having given them the tiles/ paid for the tiler. They’re all over the feed taking credit for the tiles.

ALSO - loads of great advice about not spending ££ on plants without getting inexpensive prof advice about what to plant where. But nooooo - Alex wants to “follow her nose”. Not even thanking people for the suggestions. Cue £500 down the drain on stuff that dies. Idiot.

that’s because the gardener is not #gifted and god forbid they pay people with real jobs.
It’s actually a sound advice in that comment but of course Alex will scrimp and save to then spend three times in the long run

• Heart
Reactions: 9
What is that reel with her rambling on about not having the right storage in her food cupboards and not knowing what to do about storing her crisps?

You’re 39 with two kids Alex, we’re not talking rocket science here.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Hi, I am new here and feel forced to post after seeing her reel about storage in the food cupboards.
Seriously??

• Haha
There’s not a storage basket in the world that will sort the issues with her kitchen. It’s badly designed and not enough cupbords or drawers for a family of four. Imagine that’s her food storage, a tiny little cupboard. And laughing at her calling a tea strainer a sieve! Imagine sieving a 200g of four through that.

Her styling is shocking these days, the flat bags, wearing bags cross-body that were not designed to be cross body and just carelessly styled. She was showing a Sezane jacket with a t-shirt underneath and should really have straightened the jacked first and made sure the clothes sat properly on her before filming. It all seems so lazy and careless.

She hasn’t a clue about gardening but it’s the latest thing with influencers, so she’s jumping on a bandwagon.

Reactions: 8
What is that reel with her rambling on about not having the right storage in her food cupboards and not knowing what to do about storing her crisps?

You’re 39 with two kids Alex, we’re not talking rocket science here.
Oh my GOD! What is that all about?! "How do you store things in corner cupboards?" WHAT?! "Do I need more storage for my storage?" No, you just need to put stuff away tidily you absolute bleeping melt. GOD she bugs me. I'm sure she's really nice and a decent person but she's so wet and useless. And as for the comment about Dopey (thank you whoever christened Chris that! 😂 ) taking 6 weeks off work (what "work" would that be?) to tile the other bit of the garden, well words almost fail me. Six effing weeks?!!! It's like a weekends worth of DIYing! I can't make up my mind if these 2 are deliberately trolling us or if they really are this utterly pathetic.

Edited because I clearly wasn't finished ranting 😂 The flat cross body bags are putting me in the mood for murder and I have no idea how she got a styling gig with Sezane because she's managed to make all the outfits look like tit. The foot out at right angles stance is so unflattering. How does she not know this - she's a stylist!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Hi, I am new here and feel forced to post after seeing her reel about storage in the food cupboards.
Seriously??
i think she’s thinking she’s being witty and that everyone has these problems. We don’t. I personally paid extra to have my kitchen designed so that each inch of it worked properly for storage especially in the corners. Her cheapskate ways are coming back to bite her in the ass

Reactions: 9
Oh she drives me mad, doesn't do anything unless it's gifted or free - about the theatre 'it's been on my list for ages!' But she'll only go on someone else is footing the bill!

Reactions: 6
She has to be trolling us.
Today on the menu jacket potatoes with tuna (plus spring onion) 😂
Gosh she forgot to write down “salt and pepper” too

• Haha
She has to be trolling us.
Today on the menu jacket potatoes with tuna (plus spring onion) 😂
Gosh she forgot to write down “salt and pepper” too
She has to be. Who the duck puts egg sarnies down on a lunch menu. Egg sarnies are the sort of thing you have when you think - I’ve got eggs, I’ve got bread - what shall I have for lunch.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Her styling days have been over for a while tbh, she's just a frump. She's put me off Sézane, I don't want to look like that! Also her skin looks terrible in a screen shot someone shared, how does any skincare brand think hooking up with her is a good idea?

Reactions: 11
Taking free food again - co-op hot cross buns this time

Once again easy to appear ‘Frugal’ when you aren’t paying for your food Alex

• Angry
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.