Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dizzy

VIP Member
I’d like to think that’s how she meant it (and if she did, she needs to improve her punctuation and grammar) however this is the woman who asks her followers to all donate £3 to hers and her husbands coffee fund while she happily spends her days working so hard ‘multitasking’ proving us with amazing ‘free content’ in her £700k house. And by free content she means posting afflinks to all the plastic crap she’s filled the aforementioned house with, videoing herself walking down the street (why?) and searching the internet for images of famous people wearing glasses (literally NO-ONE gives a shit), so….

Reactions: 19

EllsBellsWells

Chatty Member
I’m all for charity shops, recycling and libraries etc. but Jesus Christ you cheap bastards, buy your daughter something new for her birthday
I think it’s brilliant- like the kids gonna care if it’s new or not. BUT- it’s weird that she’ll make considered purchases like this whilst filling her house with cheap plastic tat and making money from aff links pressuring others to do the same

• Sad
  • Heart
What is her aversion to using the term "AD" All this "I work with X in a paid capacity" is just nonsense. It's an Ad each and every time

• Heart

CornedBeefHashtag

Not sure if I’ve remembered correctly but when she was begging asking for donations to buy her & Chris coffees, the justification was that she provides all of this shit valuable content for free?? As if she was owed this by anyone who follows her!
No mention of the £££ she gets for ads, affiliates etc (enough to pay herself & Chris a wage)

I also despair a bit at these events. I wish they’d just put the money back into the charity rather then entertaining a bunch of privileged influencers who’ll never need their services. We have one local to us and I’ve donated a fair few bits to them, however I may have to rethink that if this is their strategy, dolling out freebies to these dossers who can’t even be arsed to explain what the charity is about and just want a free feed 🙄
Yeah it’s definitely uncomfortable optically to have a load of white MC women hosted at a lovely brunch to discuss the charitable aid given to poor women struggling? It felt like a relic in its 2017/8 mama peak but particularly now post pandemic it’s even more vom worthy.

In her last story, she posted an old article about abandoning the dream work-life balance, and commented that it felt apt today.

Is she serious? She can't honestly believe that, and she's entirely deluded if she does. All she's missed is going to Dunelm and a museum exhibition. Hardly rushed off her feet, is she? There's no work to bloody balance, beyond counting out matches (sorry, getting other people to do it for her).

Reactions: 18

uberoblique

Chatty Member
What is that reel with her rambling on about not having the right storage in her food cupboards and not knowing what to do about storing her crisps?

You’re 39 with two kids Alex, we’re not talking rocket science here.

• Haha

Libertine

VIP Member
I also despair a bit at these events. I wish they’d just put the money back into the charity rather then entertaining a bunch of privileged influencers who’ll never need their services. We have one local to us and I’ve donated a fair few bits to them, however I may have to rethink that if this is their strategy, dolling out freebies to these dossers who can’t even be arsed to explain what the charity is about and just want a free feed 🙄
Hear, hear.

I really rate Erica Davies. She’s thoughtful in what she posts, interesting, entertaining and her ads are considered (except the bra ad which should never be spoken of again).

But I’d far prefer to see Erica hosting a room of women who are overcoming adversity and actually using the charity’s services.

Then all the luvvies who are soooo supportive could still share images on IG, even without a goody bag, right? Right?!

• Heart

MeWithTheHair

Yep. She has no content beyond “I bought this piece of mass produced plastic tat of dubious provenance to continue cluttering up my apparently “minimalist” home”.
And not just dubious provenance - WELL KNOWN negative/evil provenance! Especially when it comes to fashion.

Unless gifted, she seems to actively favour brands so well documented for their unethical, cruel, planet and global-south destroying practices. Her “better” acquisitions are always the freebies, but when using her own money, she favours H&M and the wider group brands (Arket, Cos etc), Gap, all the absolute worst of the high street for quality, longevity, cruelty of production, greenwashing planet destroyers. I suspect she offsets any guilt (if any is even lurking anywhere) with her charitable efforts of giving away or flogging some of this stuff on eBay etc.

on a lighter note, we need a new thread/title!

“Dressing tat up as chic, planning beige food all week” 👀

• Heart

itsyagal

‘£5.95 for chocolate?!?!’ Oh fuck off and give it a rest Alex, you own a house in London with a secret double storey extension and go shopping EVERY DAY without fail…

• Haha
I'm so confused. I recently moved home, and have had to go from a double to a king. I've kept my double duvet for now, and then bought sheets from Primark because I thought next time I move might not have a king size bed (renting). So....I'm not really sure what all this faux poor I can't afford sheets is about. The Primark brushed cotton and jersey sheets are cheap, excellent quality (I've had my previous double bed sets for 5 years now) so I'm not really sure what she's on about tbh. Just like this "oh I'm too poor to afford X chocolate". It's all cosplaying a poor person, and not actually what a frugal /working class life is like at all.

Dizzy

VIP Member
If gallery walls start to look very passé, she’ll have a nervous breakdown.

(Then it will take them the next decade to fill all the holes in the wall - fence painting style.)
Aren’t gallery walls already passé?! 😬 👀

• Heart

Author123

Chatty Member
Given she’s such a fan of reusing posh containers, why doesn’t she just fill up the empty £10 one with big standard nail polish remover from Superdrug or the supermarket?

Reactions: 17
Not moderating the thread but just wanted to share an alternative perspective - she’s had multiple pregnancies which can create so many health issues/complications, two children to parent, survived a global pandemic like the rest of us, and like all of us… just aged? Like obviously she looks different but 🤷🏻‍♀️ most of us do/will with age and medical stuff.

• Heart

PastorBake

Chatty Member
Is she planning to do this glasses shite every Friday forever? As far as I can see her entire job is just posting stuff on Instagram 5 days a week, and for one of those days the posts are just Google images of people wearing glasses.

The influencer world is so fucked up. I'm not sure I could sleep at night if 'influencing' was my main contribution to society 🤦‍♀️

Dizzy

VIP Member
What is that reel with her rambling on about not having the right storage in her food cupboards and not knowing what to do about storing her crisps?

You’re 39 with two kids Alex, we’re not talking rocket science here.
Oh my GOD! What is that all about?! "How do you store things in corner cupboards?" WHAT?! "Do I need more storage for my storage?" No, you just need to put stuff away tidily you absolute fucking melt. GOD she bugs me. I'm sure she's really nice and a decent person but she's so wet and useless. And as for the comment about Dopey (thank you whoever christened Chris that! 😂 ) taking 6 weeks off work (what "work" would that be?) to tile the other bit of the garden, well words almost fail me. Six effing weeks?!!! It's like a weekends worth of DIYing! I can't make up my mind if these 2 are deliberately trolling us or if they really are this utterly pathetic.

Edited because I clearly wasn't finished ranting 😂 The flat cross body bags are putting me in the mood for murder and I have no idea how she got a styling gig with Sezane because she's managed to make all the outfits look like shit. The foot out at right angles stance is so unflattering. How does she not know this - she's a stylist!

• Haha

Tiger tat

‘Chris had the chips and houmous.’ Good meal 😳
So Maray is a small plates/mezze kind of place. I’m local and, to be fair, I suppose these stories influenced me to remember it’s existence and maybe next time I go into the city centre I’ll go for lunch. So I look at the website and see that they have a vegan offer in January - 50% off.

I’m boring myself trying to type this but basically it looks like they spent £7.50 on food for lunch. How cheap frugal. Just go to fucking Greggs, Alex. No restaurant will thank you for taking up two covers just to order one lunch to share.

• Heart
  • Haha
Pr trial isn’t acceptable under the rules. She’s schlepped into London (rearranged it around a poorly baby) just to have an eye test she didn’t need, and then posted about it on her business page including details of their offer such as price points. Let’s see if any other freebies from the brand we hadn’t previously heard of appear in the not so distant future (or by the time they’ve put some lenses into frames for her)…..If you want to do more than a quick google there’s some really good detailed info out there. I’m sure Alex and Chris would have time to read it if she invested in some scales and he stopped stroking onions.

• Haha
  • Heart