The Frugality #4 I spy with my little eye a secret second storey reaching up to the sky.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After several months of painfully slow DIY (sorry, content), the tiling was finally finished, as Chris and Alex took the advice of tattlers who warned that the lack of grout and unfinished edges would surely cause the tiles to have to be ripped up again next Spring if they didn’t get a man in. They got a man in.

Chris was the in the bad books as a whizz round the house to show how they are keeping it real (ie surrounded by piles of crap) showed the secret upstairs extension. The secret extension appears to be being used as a playroom and space to store more crap.

Alex returned from maternity leave and showed us what a master content creator she is by starting a niche for herself - promoting the bravery of people who wear spectacles. She devised her own strap line (Fr👁day, geddit?) and gave all her followers RSI by because of having to click through roughly 583,124 pictures of people wearing glasses to try to get to the tiling updates. Spec savers took the bait and Alex then nearly forgot to post her updates the following week. We pray that this niche has been exhausted now that the ad has been delivered.

Alex launched some more matches for people who have money to burn. She continued to live frugally by living on Cook meals and buying tat for the house. Chris still hasn’t got a haircut. Or a job.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
After several months of painfully slow DIY (sorry, content), the tiling was finally finished, as Chris and Alex took the advice of tattlers who warned that the lack of grout and unfinished edges would surely cause the tiles to have to be ripped up again next Spring if they didn’t get a man in. They got a man in.

Chris was the in the bad books as a whizz round the house to show how they are keeping it real (ie surrounded by piles of crap) showed the secret upstairs extension. The secret extension appears to be being used as a playroom and space to store more crap.

Alex returned from maternity leave and showed us what a master content creator she is by starting a niche for herself - promoting the bravery of people who wear spectacles. She devised her own strap line (Fr👁day, geddit?) and gave all her followers RSI by because of having to click through roughly 583,124 pictures of people wearing glasses to try to get to the tiling updates. Spec savers took the bait and Alex then nearly forgot to post her updates the following week. We pray that this niche has been exhausted now that the ad has been delivered.

Alex launched some more matches for people who have money to burn. She continued to live frugally by living on Cook meals and buying tat for the house. Chris still hasn’t got a haircut. Or a job.

Omg this is amazing. Crying with laughter at bravery of people who wear spectacles and the click through for tiling update.

Bravo Banana Pyjamas!!

Reactions: 4
Never one to shy away from ways to make money at minimal effort, Alex has added this rather snotty edit onto the tiles reveal:

730B4E6E-C5D2-4EA5-9D9C-3A5163E67D03.jpeg

I assume this means she returns the favour by paying a fee to the companies for all the photos of products she’s cut and paste into her affiliate link spam gift guides? 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I really cringe when she has to make a point of mentioning she’s wearing old clothes in a post. Well done you. This is what most of us do. And a fee for pics of poorly layed tiles. Pleaseee.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Trying so hard to justify the tile saga :ROFLMAO: I can't see how they saved 'so much' money by laying the tiles themselves - it looks like it would have been a day or 2s labour being done by someone who's actually trained and skilled in it and they would have had months of use from it already. False economy imo, all that time Chris spent on it could have been spent doing something more useful (like decluttering/tidying their house...)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Trying so hard to justify the tile saga :ROFLMAO: I can't see how they saved 'so much' money by laying the tiles themselves - it looks like it would have been a day or 2s labour being done by someone who's actually trained and skilled in it and they would have had months of use from it already. False economy imo, all that time Chris spent on it could have been spent doing something more useful (like decluttering/tidying their house...)
Agreed, definitely a false economy. Two adults taking 2 weeks off to ‘sort it’ (which then didn’t)?! Have they heard of the saying ‘time is money’? The cost of getting a trade person in to do the whole lot would probably have been less than the cost of lost earnings from two full time freelancers over 2 weeks. And they would have had it finished in summer to actually be able to enjoy it during good weather.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It’s always the privileged influencers of a certain upbringing IMO who charge brands an arm and a leg for an ad, but then get quotes for manual labour / practical jobs for their own home and think ‘that’s a rip off we can do that ourselves’. And then are surprised when it all goes pear-shaped and they need to get someone in anyway, and often it’s even worse because the expert needs to unpick the influencers duck up.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m shocked to see that her sister (thewisos) shows her daughter in her knickers, and also pictures her with her crotch on show while sitting on a counter. 😠

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
I’m shocked to see that her sister (thewisos) shows her daughter in her knickers, and also pictures her with her crotch on show while sitting on a counter. 😠
Agreed, I'm a tiny account but wouldn't show my kids pants or crotch online. Like I wouldn't show my own, so why is it ok to show my kids?

Reactions: 6
I’ve reported the image, no way does it belong on insta. What is she thinking

The getting a man in part though… I know it used to be a joke about referring to getting a professional in but it’s no wonder so few women feel able to attempt this stuff as it’s just so exclusive. I will happily guarantee there are millions of women who are more than capable of tiling a floor than her hapless and useless husband. Who would do it in a couple of weekends rather 8 months! But the ‘getting a man in’ idea just shuts off this world to most women and allows idiots like her husband to gatekeep it!

Reactions: 5
Fair point 👍. My lack of willingness to tile is more down to my perceived competence though than my gender. I’d definitely have a go if i had the time, inclination and training. Bodging DIY like they (both) do minimises the skill levels that tradespeople have. I find it patronising that they think they can do better. And amusing that they can’t!

Reactions: 2
The makeshift table in the kitchen fgs.
They have the space to have a proper table and chairs like adults.
The decisions they make are bonkers. To me.

Why are they using the living room for boxes storing/packing? Don't they have an office AND a spare room? Why take up valuable family living space when they must surely have room elsewhere? I know people running businesses that require product shipment from far smaller homes that seem to manage without it taking over every corner of the house.

• Heart
I’ve reported the image, no way does it belong on insta. What is she thinking
The image is still there, isn’t it? I don’t think they remove things now unless it’s nudity, including children’s bottoms.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.