Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

murphao

Taking free food again - co-op hot cross buns this time
And then had the audacity to tag The Co-op when she said she was surprised that one of the flavours wasn’t disgusting. Why does she always tag companies to call them out or give them a backhanded compliment? She tagged Tiger to complain about her delayed Christmas tree decorations.

Do you remember when she was looking for a ‘chic’ bottle of nail polish remover and asked for suggestions? Sancho, a Black-owned independent sustainable shop, was recommended; she tagged the shop and said that it was too expensive… In the end, she bought it from & Other Stories for not much less than it would have cost had she bought from an independent business. So disingenuous…

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

Spiesandliea

VIP Member
C2435D13-D977-4ABA-A28B-739AA63AF400.jpeg

the entitlement of this woman! Oh hey our gas bill was high so can You buy this crap which I’ve affiliate linked so we can pay it off.
I’ve unfollowed for this as it’s made me so angry

• Wow
I see the eye test was a “pr trial” or as the ASA would call it, an AD, Alex.

She’s giving the impression of someone with optical munchausens with her constant eye tests.

• Haha
  • Heart

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Anyone who has chosen a career based on excessive consumption for the sake of it, both for themselves and encouraging it in others, needs to stfu about waste unless they are pointing the finger where it belongs - at themselves

• Heart

pandysbox

Is being able to operate an iPhone and upload to an APP the benchmark for being in tech?
It’s actually insulting to tech professionals

• Haha

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
It’s always the privileged influencers of a certain upbringing IMO who charge brands an arm and a leg for an ad, but then get quotes for manual labour / practical jobs for their own home and think ‘that’s a rip off we can do that ourselves’. And then are surprised when it all goes pear-shaped and they need to get someone in anyway, and often it’s even worse because the expert needs to unpick the influencers fuck up.

• Heart
Definitely a sign of someone with too much time on her hands….I meal plan but only really think about dinners and then just throw various bits in for lunches with no clear idea of when they’ll get eaten, apart from before they go out of date. And it’s not prescriptive just because monday says spag bol on the sheet doesn’t mean we have to eat it then. It’s such a painful performance to watch

Also the need to put spring onion next to the tuna toastie, what happens if she doesn’t fancy spring onion that day, does she still have to eat it? Is tomato allowed instead? So many questions 😂

• Haha

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
Well I’m reading tattle whilst drinking coffee so please also put me in this exclusive multitasking club 💅

I must say it’s wild the way she sees herself? Like.. deluded yes but what a incredible world to live in, to think you are so productive and hard working in those circumstances. Is this what happens when you are praised a lot as a child?

Remember when she showed this book? I thought it was a joke but she must have been serious 😱

Attachments

• Haha

Greencatfysh

VIP Member
Her kids got an activity advent calendar that she gave up on halfway through and she has a “one present rule”. Yet buys herself at least 10 things (clothes/homeware) in the run up to Christmas. Selective frugality and general selfishness is what I see!

Last edited:
  • Heart
So pleased she is having a day off. Poor thing must be exhausted from colouring in her kitchen tiles, photographing potatoes and searching the web for glass-wearers. What a job!! 🤯

• Haha

Hyperion

I’m willing to put money on Topps Tiles having given them the tiles/ paid for the tiler. They’re all over the feed taking credit for the tiles.

ALSO - loads of great advice about not spending ££ on plants without getting inexpensive prof advice about what to plant where. But nooooo - Alex wants to “follow her nose”. Not even thanking people for the suggestions. Cue £500 down the drain on stuff that dies. Idiot.

EllsBellsWells

Chatty Member
Yeeessss.

I would think WTF if my child came home from birthday party with a secondhand book. It just screams virtual signalling. There’s a time and place for recycled items and I don’t feel gifts from party guests or favours to party guests is it.

I would, however, be very impressed if my child came home with a book that I could see was purchased from an independent book shop. (My local bookshop puts a sticker with their contact details on the back.)

There’s nothing better than a brand new book to encourage the joys of reading.
I think it’s a really good way of lowering the expectations around how much parents should spend on things like party bags though, realistically adding a tenner book from an indie bookshop is just unattainable for most parents. One that costs a quid and helps a charity is a really good idea to me.

Irrespective of what we speculate about Alex’s finances (mainly that she pretends to be poor whilst being propped up massively by parents money and a jammy job) she will undoubtedly have a lot of followers who are having to watch their pennies and so swaps like this are actually sensible, and reduce the stigma of picking second hand stuff up etc.

• Heart

uberoblique

Chatty Member
The longer I follow Alex, the more I realise she is simply tight not frugal.

I can’t think of someone worse to advertise Eataly. She eats a very bland toddler like diet despite her supposed meal plan, she’s hardly a foodie.

• Heart
I don’t think they need to knock through either. The front room needs lightening up if it’s north facing. The dark painted floor must suck all the light out of it. They need to strip the floor and lighten up the boards and clear some of the clutter out so it’s an adult space they can keep free of toys and crap. They can easily fit a dining table in the kitchen by moving the sofa into the office. Turn the office into a snug/playroom and the kitchen back into a kitchen diner. No structural work needed.