The Frugality #4 I spy with my little eye a secret second storey reaching up to the sky.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At least the Sainsbos partnership is sort of believable. Remember when she went shopping at Sainsbos and pretended it was Lidl? 😆

Did we add: Making soup = work ✔ to the list before? I think we did.

Now also:

Going to post office = work ✔

Reactions: 9
At least the Sainsbos partnership is sort of believable. Remember when she went shopping at Sainsbos and pretended it was Lidl? 😆

Did we add: Making soup = work ✔ to the list before? I think we did.

Now also:

Going to post office = work ✔
I am tired just reading this.
I’ll go to tiger tomorrow and have cheese sandwiches for the rest of the week whilst kids are in nursery #busy

• Haha
Reactions: 10
That multi-tasking post has had me howling all day today 🤣
How can she not realise that multitasking means doing more than one task AT THE SAME TIME?!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
That multi-tasking post has had me howling all day today 🤣
How can she not realise that multitasking means doing more than one task AT THE SAME TIME?!
Walking, breathing, blinking, using the camera on her phone, carrying a coffee, going to the post office while also heading to a museum, all of that at the same time!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Is very rich for her to talk about plastic waste when she seems to can’t live without tiger

Reactions: 16
Is very rich for her to talk about plastic waste when she seems to can’t live without tiger
I thought this too, she is quite ‘preachy’ about that sort of thing but doesn’t live like that herself, she is very wasteful and obsessed by consumerism.

Reactions: 7
Anyone who has chosen a career based on excessive consumption for the sake of it, both for themselves and encouraging it in others, needs to stfu about waste unless they are pointing the finger where it belongs - at themselves

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Oh F off with your ‘we’ve donated to the food bank AND we’re reusing clothes!’ I hate that holier than thou attitude she has - really gets my goat 😂😂

Reactions: 8
It
Oh F off with your ‘we’ve donated to the food bank AND we’re reusing clothes!’ I hate that holier than thou attitude she has - really gets my goat 😂😂
It’s so performative. You’d think she was the first person to donate to a charity. Her boy may be wearing hand-me-downs today like millions of other children across the world but he also has plenty of brand new clothes. And she was in Tiger with her sister last weekend buying a load of crap - so she should drop the patronising tone.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It

It’s so performative. You’d think she was the first person to donate to a charity. Her boy may be wearing hand-me-downs today like millions of other children across the world but he also has plenty of brand new clothes. And she was in Tiger with her sister last weekend buying a load of crap - so she should drop the patronising tone.
👏👏👏👏👏 couldn’t have said it better myself!!!

Reactions: 3
And there is something off to me that an item of clothing is labelled ‘old’ when it seems to just mean that there’s no swipe up currently available — nothing to do with the age of the garment. Showing something that cannot be affiliate linked because you were gifted it two whole years ago is not act of heroism.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
And there is something off to me that an item of clothing is labelled ‘old’ when it seems to just mean that there’s no swipe up currently available — nothing to do with the age of the garment. Showing something that cannot be affiliate linked because you were gifted it two whole years ago is not act of heroism.
The ‘old’ was niggling me but I hadn’t questioned why. You are spot on.

I have pieces from the 80s, 90s and 2000s that are sentimental or investment clothes. I have recently purchased garments with their swing tags still on that are new clothes. I have tired and stained things that I wear for gardening or cleaning that are old clothes.

But anything I’ve bought and worn in the last two, three, even ten years are just… clothes.

The ‘old’ was niggling me but I hadn’t questioned why. You are spot on.

I have pieces from the 80s, 90s and 2000s that are sentimental or investment clothes. I have recently purchased garments with their swing tags still on that are new clothes. I have tired and stained things that I wear for gardening or cleaning that are old clothes.

But anything I’ve bought and worn in the last two, three, even ten years are just… clothes.
And plenty of times “old” is “we just saw you fannying about in a changing room buying this literally 3 months ago.” IT. IS. NOT. OLD. It’s just not brand new/bought purely for the sake of ~content creation~

Also really genuinely enjoying her heading off to cubitts after my excellent and thorough recommendation on here 😉 You’re welcome, Alex! X

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.