The Frugality #4 I spy with my little eye a secret second storey reaching up to the sky.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Genuinely what is their work?
Shopping for tat, I think.

Also her Rome “recommendations” basically reads as “I didn’t want to spend any money so I ate only pasta and pizza and here’s a list of places I didn’t go but I’ve heard are good”.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Also her Rome “recommendations” basically reads as “I didn’t want to spend any money so I ate only pasta and pizza and here’s a list of places I didn’t go but I’ve heard are good”.
God forbid she eats anything different from a toddler

Reactions: 3
Guys she's so busy and important with mid week mid morning rushes to IKEA for meatballs, she literally has no time to herself or to think! Busy working mum!

• Haha
Reactions: 13

She does that everywhere she goes, remember when they were gifted a stay in Whitstable and they sat in bed eating crisps and then she just put up a list of local restaurants she didn’t visit!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
‘£5.95 for chocolate?!?!’ Oh duck off and give it a rest Alex, you own a house in London with a secret double storey extension and go shopping EVERY DAY without fail…

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Is it just me or is every single post and story atm just about buying stuff?! Absolutely the most hypocritical influencer out there

Reactions: 13
Is it just me or is every single post and story atm just about buying stuff?! Absolutely the most hypocritical influencer out there

Yep. She has no content beyond “I bought this piece of mass produced plastic tat of dubious provenance to continue cluttering up my apparently “minimalist” home”.

That and turning up to press jollies where she takes a few photos of her friends and says
almost nothing about the product.

Reactions: 16
It’s so ridiculous when influencers say something they were #ad-gifted is ‘affordable’ or worth it (ref Alex’s skincare posts). They literally wouldn’t know?
Affordable is relative anyway and influencers use it as a bullshit euphemism but even that aside yes Alex of course the skincare is affordable to someone in your situation?!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
duck me even her hot cross buns are gifted…..she must be gutted the amount of plugging she does for ikea and they don’t give her a thing for free 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
duck me even her hot cross buns are gifted…..she must be gutted the amount of plugging she does for ikea and they don’t give her a thing for free 😂
i seem to remember her pushing hard for a Waitrose ad a little while ago (several months) or have I made that up?

Edit: I’ve done a quick search and must have made it up/ got her confused with another so called influencer. Either way, it’s hardly Lidl or Aldi! Could this be a step towards acknowledging she shops elsewhere occasionally?

Reactions: 4
i seem to remember her pushing hard fir a Waitrose ad a little while ago (several months) or have I made that up?
Wouldn’t surprise me - Waitrose have gone hard with influencer content since they established their own delivery service/increased their coverage on Deliveroo so it wouldn’t be unlikely she could get an ad with them.

Agree completely @PineappleQueen19 ! Tbh the Skincare ads aren’t remotely compelling as she’s pushing at least 3 brands at the moment and has no before/after shots it’s just a constant stream of I bought/you should buy this new item.

Reactions: 7
She went on and on about those Waitrose x Anya Hindmarch bags so much I bet they sent her a voucher as a thank you. A good way to get on the Waitrose influencer rota 😒

Reactions: 4
Yep. She has no content beyond “I bought this piece of mass produced plastic tat of dubious provenance to continue cluttering up my apparently “minimalist” home”.
And not just dubious provenance - WELL KNOWN negative/evil provenance! Especially when it comes to fashion.

Unless gifted, she seems to actively favour brands so well documented for their unethical, cruel, planet and global-south destroying practices. Her “better” acquisitions are always the freebies, but when using her own money, she favours H&M and the wider group brands (Arket, Cos etc), Gap, all the absolute worst of the high street for quality, longevity, cruelty of production, greenwashing planet destroyers. I suspect she offsets any guilt (if any is even lurking anywhere) with her charitable efforts of giving away or flogging some of this stuff on eBay etc.

on a lighter note, we need a new thread/title!

“Dressing tat up as chic, planning beige food all week” 👀

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Inspired by her latest post, a thread title: “The Frugality: Buying tat to store her tat in her cluttered ‘minimalist’ house’

Reactions: 7
That picture illustrates what happens when you lose your Invisalign retainer and can't be bothered replacing it as well.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
The picture on the grid this morning - did Dopey tile the side return last year too? I thought he’d just done the patio?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.