Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MrsPoker

My first post and I wanted to explain why I am here! Over the last 6 months I have watched many wonderful and interesting old property renovation videos and ended up watching all the channels discussed here, and loved them! But... the last few months something started to make me feel uncomfortable, and last night I googled my thoughts to see if I was alone..seems not and here I am! Im not into personal attacks, but SJ started off sweet and a bit batty, but now is becoming forced and slightly hysterical, and more often than not the episodes are making me cringe, especially since Phillip turned up and seems too intimate and involved for the short time he has been there, its not nice viewing and the renovations have been replaced by weird vintage parties and forced conversations! On the other channel, when the doe eyed barely disguised hints for more cash (buy me a coffee wtf!) became the main focus of the videos, I felt my spidey senses tingling..things are not right! I work hard for everything I have and while I understand the revenue that youtube brings, and fair enough, its entertainment has been a godsend during lockdown, these blatant additional demands for money so that they can do up their posh houses or get a new kitchen, or have a party are starting to make me feel a bit sick! Anyway, thats my bit - 46 pages in and the threads here have been more entertaining than the chateau videos, maybe you should start a patreon!

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Raspberrybrulee

@ggyahoo like you I've been here from the start (although same name) when it was fun and gossipy as we were all fascinated by Stephanie and her life. On many occasions I've tried to challenge the very nasty comments but sometimes I have to step away for a while when it gets too nasty and vindictive.

I actually think that the people who are trying to bring Stephanie down on here have scored a massive own goal because when her supporters come on here and read the comments there may be a few who decide to stay and join in, but the vast majority are so appalled by the content that this makes them feel fiercely loyal and protective of her (just look at her patreon numbers steadily rising).

Without a doubt the reason Marie is leaving is because of this forum and again this will probably help her cause in the long run because people will feel sorry for her and protective towards her because of some of the overly nasty comments made about her on here. Yes there are some that are justified - I don't think her flowers are anything special and she's definitely jumped on the vlogging for money bandwagon - but there's a lot that isn't.

I also agree that some of the criticisms levelled at Stephanie have been justified especially around breaking/bending the covid rules at christmas but some of it is way over the top especially the stuff about her dad etc. I'm not keen on CATC but I understand that Stephanie's got herself in a situation with it that it would be very hard to diplomatically extricate herself from where the more presents she opens on camera, the more people send them and then she feels she has to open them on camera so as not to disappoint the senders and so the whole cycle starts again.

I miss the old days of "Donegals" and speculating about who was sleeping with who!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

annapolly

There is always two sides to every story. We only know what we have seen on social media from fans and what mpk have said. Perhaps in time we will get more clarity.
I work in the art world and used to know the circles Angel ran in back when she lived in the U.K.
She is notorious for this sort of thing. I would describe her as wanting to be this bohemian-artist type person but sadly she doesn’t always the creative ability. When I knew her she was very jealous of other people who created art that she wanted to create. Often she would lash out on those who were younger than her and almost bully them.
Glad Michael has talked about his experiences.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

Incognito Chatelaine

From Michael’s comment section. What she mentions is some of what I was referencing previously where some people are obsessed with taking them down.
Welcome back Audrey Hepburn, was wondering where you had gotten to... ? Sometimes people vanish from Tattle and it is not always clear why, now we are englightened... I have also been reported, so you are not alone in that.

I wrote a post suggesting that we steer away from the incest accusations and focus on having a laugh at the silliness of it all, and I was reported by Jimbo93 (he made it pretty clear). He also vanished almost as quickly as he appeared on tattle, and my speculation is that he could have been Tomaz (and not Sandro as @witchgrass has suggested) but we will never know for sure. I can say that he went for the jugular on a regular basis and it often went too far. Whilst I did not speculate on Derek Jarvis or his art, I am not sure a painting with a used condom would be my first choice to adorn my walls, but everyone is different.

Moreover, although I do not read everything, I must have missed the post where any tattler suggested that they were going to report SSB, and I doubt that they would... although many (including me) have expressed disappointment at the potential tax evasion, especially by someone with so much. Of course, SSB is no different from Jeff Bezos or Google, so perhaps we can also widen the discussion around this contentious issue, rather than narrowing the focus?

I am not that interested in MPK, but I do think that "Angel" is anything but... a tattler on here has suggested that she was notorious for stealing creative ideas and that sort of rings true for me. MPK's real tragedy though, is that he has forgotten that the creativity that she stole from him is something he has in abundance; within him. Real revenge would be if he became more successful than Angel... Hope he is reading here and counting his many blessings and talents, and although I am not religious, I will leave him with a quote from the gospel of St. Thomas "bring forth what is within you, or what is within you will destroy you".

That might not be bad advice for Stephanie Jarvis either - put away your party frocks and get back to making interesting content.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

ggyahoo

Time for a Donegal.

There once was a forum called Tattle,
Which caused many cages to rattle.
Mention Stephanie and gifting,
Or Michael and grifting,
And their mothers come out to do battle.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

stefanieeee

I think they are the real grifters here. Chan 4 wasn't funding anyone's dream but theirs.
I don't agree with this. If it was not for them and the popularity of their show, there would be no vlogs for either LOTL or MP. not to mention all their superfans and dollars. I am fans of D&A and don't mind who knows. I think as some others have expressed that there are 2 sides to the story. The only person who has a complaint about them is MP and his family. That is it. MP is just mad mad mad that they are a success and he wants it. Plain and simple. I have seen this same scenario with other shows. Those in U.S. will know a show called Fixer Upper where so called partners sprang out of the woodwork when the couple on the reno show became mega superstars in the industry. This is the same thing.
As far as other chateau owners not being paid, let's think about all the reality shows where people participate and do not receive a dime for their appearance at all. They are there for exposure - plain and simple again. This is the same thing. All the chateau owners in France have received countless dollars in exposure. It was an industry I was not familiar with until ETTC and ETTC brought so much global awareness to it. That just would not have happened for any of these chateau owners at all. And I do mean global-people from all over the world tune in to see both series and to watch blogs and donate. D&A created that phenomenon not LOTL or MP. People felt sorry for LOTL and MP and that is how their appeal began. That was the hook they both used to catch people's attentions. There are so many functional capable responsible hard working chateau owners all over France who do not get even half of the attention that those 2 do and it bothers me.
As far as LOTL's comments to MP to remember that for every tattler there are 10,000 fans and "they are doing it all for them" is utter bull. She is doing for the money. He is doing it for the money. There is no way MP would be so irate about any of this if D&A had not made a roaring success of their business. LOTL would not be madly vlogging if she did not get the dollars she does. They are both begging begging begging. And I for one do not see any work that matches the funds they have received.
I have not liked certain topics that have been discussed on the threads here and there are a few posters that are the culprits of that in my view. I just choose not to comment on those topics and go on to other posters and their wit, good humour and quickness and investigation. Many expressed points of view are justified here. Others not so much. But just like me, anyone reading here including LOTL and MP and the gang of eager supporters, can CHOOSE to be here or be gone. Your choice.
In my world SJ uses and MP whines. They are both lazy and so many others are more deserving. I think SJ is really capable socially and a great vlog presenter and I watched for reno work and restoration both inside and out. Both sadly lacking all 2020. I was really excited when the funds started rolling in and the mower was bought and Dan was hired and thought Lalande is on its way. What happened after that? Gift grabs, parties, dress up time and endless brocante shopping. Not much more. I have never donated and will never donate. I feel the Cadeaux channel is ridiculous. Here is the premise, go out and buy me gifts, send them to me at great expense to yourself, then I will make a vlog so that other people can watch me open gifts endless gifts and see me behave like a 5 year old squealing and clapping my hands in glee while I make money off of them doing that. Then I (SJ) will solemnly tell you not to send me anything while simultaneously guilt tripping you by saying these gifts you send enable me to make a video that I can post on youtube so that I can make money to give to charity. Huh. What a circular argument, thought process, manipulation. How about please no gifts, this month we are raising money for this and this charity. I (SJ) would like all LaLanders to please donate to that cause. We can do so much for charity if we ban together and support people who need it during this global crisis. Instead, the manipulation and continued visibility of SJ herself and ego stroking from her adoring fans who do not get that she is not being generous by making youtube monies donations - she is looking after herself. It is ultimately this that has turned me off of her completely.
MP has so many talents and so many skills that he could be using the right way. Instead of bashing his past employers D&A to bits, who he worked for and was paid by for all his work as an employee, he could be working and focussing on his future.

• Heart

Heathcliffe

VIP Member
Can someone explain what Patreon is? All these people bring mentioned - are they her friends and living at the chateaux?
[/QUOTEIn this particular case it is where the poor give to the rich and the rich encourage it and beg for gifts.
Can someone explain what Patreon is? All these people bring mentioned - are they her friends and living at the chateaux?
In this particular case, it is where the poor give to the rich, and the rich encourage it and beg for gifts.

• Haha
  • Heart

Raspberrybrulee

I know there'll be more accusations of me being a superfan or flying monkey or whatever so I'll get my tin hat ready!

I don't think there's anything to expose to the newspapers or patreons - it's a total non story. The patreons/subscribers already know that Stephanie takes a shitload of holidays (although I don't think she pays for many of them herself) and that she has an enviable, privileged lifestyle and owns a flat in London but they don't mind.

They are getting what they want in exchange for entertaining content. If SJ travels to nice places it generates better content. To them it's no different to having a netflix subscription. The patreon contribution means progress can be made on the chateau (albeit slow progress) and that Dan can work on the garden (faster progress in this case) which again generates good content. Since patreon took off she's been able to focus on making more videos and she does extra ones for the patreons and the growing number of loyal patreons demonstrates they are happy with the deal. She has thousands of patreons and yet there are a maybe 30 or so of us contributing on here so people are voting with their feet. We know that a lot of the patreons and fans have been on here and read our posts and although a few of them have chosen to defect the vast majority have clearly chosen to stay as patreons and youtube subscribers.

The Chateau Diaries has got them through a very tough year and brought them distraction and entertainment and if they have to watch a few ads or pay a few dollars a month for that then that is absolutely their prerogative.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

FrankieG

Such drama! If it were just about watching some people renovate old buildings, it would be ok. But, for Pete's sake, it's about buy me a coffee, buy me a laptop, fund my house, send me a Santa plate, get volunteers to do work that should be properly compensated and, the worst of it for me, is let's start a charity so I don't have to pay taxes. No one in this bunch smells like a rose. Michael, make art. Sell it on Etsy. You can sell prints and cards of your artwork and photos, etc. You have an established market with your YT subscribers. Make money, finish your cottage and you won't owe anyone an explanation. But continue to make promises about content to get money out of people and you can't moan when they wonder what the heck is going on.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

ggyahoo

Sometimes I wish I had never discovered Tattle as it has destroyed my simple mindless pleasure in the vlogs, although it was beginning to pall as the lockdown ones became ever more tedious. I never liked the look of Isabelle and I barely tolerated Gerry's jokes (although he seems a decent bloke), but the shine for me went off with the start of the second gift grab channel and the increasing false hilarity and painfully staged parties.
I wonder what was the breaking point for other posters?

• Heart

Fuzzypeg

I have got tired of reading some of the bile on here about SJ , regarding narcissistic personality disorder ad infinitum and conjecture about her father.? Based purely on his paintings . He was a copyist nothing original about his art , remember .

When I found tattle it was hilarious , and an antidote to The Chateau Diaries sickly, gushing do no wrong fans . SJ is a very pampered and priveleged woman, who wants everything she sees , especially when others pay . I know quite a few of those in my own life , it’s not exclusive to SJ, Believe me .
Some of what has been written here recently would be libellous if it were published in a newspaper. let’s get back to criticising Patreon , ‘ renovations not ‘ etc.
I no longer watch the Diaries because of the money Side of things .
so relied on you lot to keep me up to speed , that’s not really been the case I think recently.

And @sandro I am not at la lande ! I’m in the uk , and it’s snowing right now .

Last edited:
  • Heart

Espe

VIP Member
Some of the chateau owners in France are making homes for themselves and seeking patrons to fund renovations which they should really pay for themselves but just a small handful of them appear to be really interested in appropriate, tasteful restoration and preservation of historic buildings. What SJ is doing at la Lande is creating a kitsch pleasure palace as a stage setting for her performances; it is not restoration. It is for her own pleasure and that of a few of her sycophantic minions and like-minded friends. It gives her a stage and exposure which she would not otherwise have. The patrons sending her money and gifts are seriously deluded if they think they are supporting a genuine restoration. If they wish to support pleasure givers, rather than merely pleasure seekers, they'd be wiser to support the theatres, cinemas, concert halls, and skilled artists from all over the world who have been seriously affected by Covid, rather than the creator of this pleasure palace designed to boost one privileged person's already over-inflated ego! Rant over for the day!

Last edited:
  • Heart

Jeeves

VIP Member
One would consider with your number of degrees you state that you currently hold, you would easily be capable of doing the research for yourself, rather than attempting to gain investment from amateurs.
For someone who has been on this forum for five days, you have consistently displayed a singular lack of social awareness and the ability to read the tone in which you are perceived by your audience. I suspect this is an area of life you find challenging. Now who does that remind me of? :unsure:

• Heart
  • Haha

NorrisCS

I’m living in London and sold my car. Public transport great. Buses and Underground and Black Taxis and tens of thousands of Ubers . Hire car clubs and rental available everywhere.

A car is a hindrance in London. Still surprised that anyone is giving Marie anything. For what exactly ? When I see how hard my kids work (early and mid 20’s) and not getting any free handouts.
I never look at peoples buy me a coffee account or pateron etc but I did just now for Marie Wiiks - she of weeds in milk bottles fame.. and this is what I see:
"Next year I hope to set up my very own floral studio in the UK, and I also hope to buy a car so that I’m able to travel and take on various floral design jobs as well as collaberations.

"Things I’ll spend your donations on: equiptment, either for the floral studio it’s self, or tech stuff, like my camera or funds to a new laptop. Extra flowers for more photos and video content. Paying for various expenses of setting up a business, like rent and setting up and running a website".

Marie can I suggest you do as most people do who want to set up a business, do your reserach, do a business plan, if its a viable prospect you'll get a bank loan for your 'studio in the UK' and all the necessary equipment. Another money grubbing parasite - learning from the best.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25

Jeeves

VIP Member
Ah to be sure, as me old mammy would say,"Brenda me darlin', if you can't say nothing nice, pour yourself a wee cup of tea and enjoy the craic." Now I need to get back to rolling out me Lalande calendars for our beautiful princess, who spreads so much light and love to us devoted followers. and planning me next charabanc trip to the Chat-oo (and if you can just have a wee look at me Etsy shop I'd be much obliged.). Brenda.

• Haha
  • Heart

Lululime

VIP Member
She's a real piece of work. SJ learned most of her charming begging skills directly from her. My friends called her the biggest opportunist they have ever met, almost without any conscience.
I’ll never forget her calling Gerry a “disgrace to all mankind” on one of the early gift sessions. Not said with irony, no sign of banter ....just cold and hard in response to some minor transgression I think. The guy was recovering from his cancer treatment at the time.....I was shocked.

• Wow
  • Sad

ComtesseRose

VIP Member
Hello Michael.
I know you'll be reading this, as "hate" comments are like sweet mead imbibed to rot the brain. (You keep coming back for more)
I feel sorry, that you handed over the copyright, but then that's hopefully a lesson to be learned for next time. Also, good that you'll stop being somewhat naïve about life, even though, I can't believe you'll been completely sheltered your entire life - you even said it yourself, you don't like to be silenced.
I for one, like your content, even though you think Tattle.Life gives the impression of something else.
However, being a content creator is a job, or a monetised hobby, but given the subscribers, sponsores, patreons and go-fund-me you have, it would be fair to say, it's a job. It is indeed more than what many people have during this pandemic, so I hope you are grateful. Also, those people expect something from you, and it's only fair for them, that you are honest and transparent from the beginning.
Now, great minds discuss ideas and even greater minds critise them, because not all ideas are equally good; and since you are human, you are bound to be critised.
We have critised your not so diligent reseach of that rotting oak beam and your lack of wearing a hard hat.
We have critised your sister's insensitive post on Facebook - which were public (at the time)
We have critised your work ethic, e.g. promising a video, then not fulfilled your promise.
Now, if you want to moan, cry, lie in bed and feel sorry for yourself, then do it.
Then pull up your big boy Calvin Klein underpants and do something.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Rory

VIP Member
If anyone awake MP2 launching a personal vlog in 20 minutes. SJ encouraging everyone to watch in live chat of another gift video. This was after BJJ had written sorry everyone we are not on live chat as we and having dinner with Philip and Anna. So are you watvhing BJJ or not?
Ok summary for you all.
1. Confirms Angel stole his design for wallpaper. Guilted him into signing over copywrite as she had lied to the wallpaper people, promised money - did not happen.
2. Saw how Angel faked production of the sketches on ETC. Very upset.
3. Billy challenged them publically on why no credit to my brother.
4. Sadie and Michael sacked from wedding business.
5. Angel threathens Billy that she will speak to production company. After 7 months of footage Pethericks dropped by ETCDIY.
6. Started You tube as a result.
7. Tattler thread is 99% lies (didn't mention Sadie's vile racist posts).
8. Tattler are jealous stalkers. Telling vile things about his family, SJ. (I thought we were so bored of them, didn't want them discussed on this thread a seperate thread was started and nothing happened)
9. No mention of the fact he directed over 200k subscribers to Tattler through his own nasty comments re SJ.
10. He created over 200K subscribers in a year I am successful - no mention of SJ and the algorithym (spelling?) which directed traffic to his channel.
MP2 please read through all my messages. I have always retold the Angel story on multiple media sites, AND supported your contribution to CD, AND your creativity, especially ADVENT calendars AND your depression. What I will not endorse is lies, racism, begging, or a 45 year old woman taking advantage of young volunteers and lying, lying, lying about financial contributions.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
She is keeping her distance in case this all blows up (she knew it was coming). She doesn’t want to blight her appearances in ETTC - and she will if she comes out full force in favour of MP (her contribution to the series will end up on the cutting room floor).
Does anybody feel the same nausea coming up seeing how very clever SJ operates? She leaves it to MPK to complain about the gossip getting too close to the truth in a video he was going to do about his collision with D&A. The two things are absolutely not connected, but because he mentioned it in his vlog, she can pretend to be the friend she's supposed to be by commenting "We're in this together", a flagrant lie because she's still very much in business wit ETTC, obviously. All fans are now warned there are stories out about her and not to believe them, without her having to talk about it on any of her channels. Out of pity, the gift sending will now probably explode.

• Heart

Fuzzypeg

It can only be a matter of time before she’s on mainstream tv. Channel 4/BBC channels are full of lightweight historical documentaries and female presenters such as the all too ghastly Lucy Worsely who also likes to dress up (ie as king Henry 8 scoffing medieval grub) and tbh SJ and her quirky cheesy visual is a lot easier on the eye than irritatingly-twee Lucy.

I could also see SSB on a bad interior design programme such as the old Changing Rooms, where the dreadful ‘interior designers’ frequently made the client cry with their awful bad taste make-over. She could be a female Lawrence Llewelyn Bowen (and look how well he has done on the back of a full head of hair and no talent). When I think of some of the hideous rooms Stephanie has done at Lalande, she’d be fantastically well-qualified to do this. Or even one of those ‘Find your new home abroad’ shows that are prime afternoon viewing for retireds. They’ll love her and there seem to be no end of repeats on those shows so imagine the royalties LOTL could take it. Although, she would have to get of bed and do a proper days work .

See, she doesn’t need Patreon at all. She could buy her own presents and make donations to charity out of her own earned income. Like most people chose to do.
Dr lucy Worsley is the chief curator of the royal historic palaces, author ,curator and lastly a tv presenter. SJ has a degree and looks pretty , it’s unsulting to say she would do a better job. On one of her Sunday vlogs they visited a museum . Her comment about Dutch paintings was “ they all seem so dark and brown” she has zero knowledge about history or the arts. .

• Haha