The Chateau Diaries #11 Shat o shenanigans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He obviously didn’t get the “ never complain, never explain” memo. Some valuable learning perhaps......don’t do business with “friends” and there’s no such thing as a free lunch. Didn’t hear much about personal responsibility. My advice would be if you want to open up your life , check for skeletons in your cupboard first and have a clean out and always get robust legal advice on business transactions....simps. Oh, and stop it with the gift hinting and gift grabbing.....you can enable it certainly - as there will be people who want to contribute... but when it becomes front and centre ( and it has) expect a reaction.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Isabelle completely smashed the Jaguar once herself, only owning up to it towards the insurance company, but telling everybody else it was a ‘hit and run job’ by somebody else, shame on them for not leaving a note, something she would have surely done herself....yeah, right...
She got Percy to fix it, obviously. She still 'owns' SJ a new car too, promised after crashing a previous one. Real good driver she is. Almost blind, but real good driver...
Like mother like daughter.. Both too proud to wear their glasses!! What's wrong with these vein people?? Remember SJ saying she lost hers years ago, never replaced them! And poor IJ used to put any cards from CATC right upto her face to read! X And they drive!!! 😲🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 7
And as for SJ .....you like Marie Antoinette? One of her failings was an inability to read the room and stay in touch with reality....learn from history.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
@Sandton I was on here from the start and engaged a lot and it was fun and interesting, but then it turned nasty and boring so I left for a while. Now I have a different name and new lowly status.
It was worth coming back to get Clara's insider inputs and for the light shone upon Jill Scott's criminal past. Now Michael's vlog just blew up so I'll stay a while to see how that pans out. I'm interested to hear more about Angel and her past. I read she had trained as an accountant and ran some vintage themed companies but didn't know she ever mixed in arty circles.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
He obviously didn’t get the “ never complain, never explain” memo. Some valuable learning perhaps......don’t do business with “friends” and there’s no such thing as a free lunch. Didn’t hear much about personal responsibility. My advice would be if you want to open up your life , check for skeletons in your cupboard first and have a clean out and always get robust legal advice on business transactions....simps. Oh, and stop it with the gift hinting and gift grabbing.....you can enable it certainly - as there will be people who want to contribute... but when it becomes front and centre ( and it has) expect a reaction.
Yes! Exactly!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
@ggyahoo like you I've been here from the start (although same name) when it was fun and gossipy as we were all fascinated by Stephanie and her life. On many occasions I've tried to challenge the very nasty comments but sometimes I have to step away for a while when it gets too nasty and vindictive.

I actually think that the people who are trying to bring Stephanie down on here have scored a massive own goal because when her supporters come on here and read the comments there may be a few who decide to stay and join in, but the vast majority are so appalled by the content that this makes them feel fiercely loyal and protective of her (just look at her patreon numbers steadily rising).

Without a doubt the reason Marie is leaving is because of this forum and again this will probably help her cause in the long run because people will feel sorry for her and protective towards her because of some of the overly nasty comments made about her on here. Yes there are some that are justified - I don't think her flowers are anything special and she's definitely jumped on the vlogging for money bandwagon - but there's a lot that isn't.

I also agree that some of the criticisms levelled at Stephanie have been justified especially around breaking/bending the covid rules at christmas but some of it is way over the top especially the stuff about her dad etc. I'm not keen on CATC but I understand that Stephanie's got herself in a situation with it that it would be very hard to diplomatically extricate herself from where the more presents she opens on camera, the more people send them and then she feels she has to open them on camera so as not to disappoint the senders and so the whole cycle starts again.

I miss the old days of "Donegals" and speculating about who was sleeping with who!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
With every day that passes, and every subliminal - and sometimes overt - rattling of the e-begging bowl, done with little thought to the ethics of gulling money out of ardent followers, it becomes clearer and clearer that Tinkerbell Jarvis and the whole of the Trotter clan are suffering from an advanced case of Pernicious Avarice. This toxic affliction has infected others who think they smell the coffee roses of "easy money" and that, by association with SJ and her questionable success, they get to have the cake, eat it and gorge on the icing as well.

Greed is not good.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I have got tired of reading some of the bile on here about SJ , regarding narcissistic personality disorder ad infinitum and conjecture about her father.? Based purely on his paintings . He was a copyist nothing original about his art , remember .

When I found tattle it was hilarious , and an antidote to The Chateau Diaries sickly, gushing do no wrong fans . SJ is a very pampered and priveleged woman, who wants everything she sees , especially when others pay . I know quite a few of those in my own life , it’s not exclusive to SJ, Believe me .
Some of what has been written here recently would be libellous if it were published in a newspaper. let’s get back to criticising Patreon , ‘ renovations not ‘ etc.
I no longer watch the Diaries because of the money Side of things .
so relied on you lot to keep me up to speed , that’s not really been the case I think recently.

And @sandro I am not at la lande ! I’m in the uk , and it’s snowing right now .

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
My first post and I wanted to explain why I am here! Over the last 6 months I have watched many wonderful and interesting old property renovation videos and ended up watching all the channels discussed here, and loved them! But... the last few months something started to make me feel uncomfortable, and last night I googled my thoughts to see if I was alone..seems not and here I am! Im not into personal attacks, but SJ started off sweet and a bit batty, but now is becoming forced and slightly hysterical, and more often than not the episodes are making me cringe, especially since Phillip turned up and seems too intimate and involved for the short time he has been there, its not nice viewing and the renovations have been replaced by weird vintage parties and forced conversations! On the other channel, when the doe eyed barely disguised hints for more cash (buy me a coffee wtf!) became the main focus of the videos, I felt my spidey senses tingling..things are not right! I work hard for everything I have and while I understand the revenue that youtube brings, and fair enough, its entertainment has been a godsend during lockdown, these blatant additional demands for money so that they can do up their posh houses or get a new kitchen, or have a party are starting to make me feel a bit sick! Anyway, thats my bit - 46 pages in and the threads here have been more entertaining than the chateau videos, maybe you should start a patreon!

• Heart
Reactions: 40
There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about. Oscar Wilde

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Such drama! If it were just about watching some people renovate old buildings, it would be ok. But, for Pete's sake, it's about buy me a coffee, buy me a laptop, fund my house, send me a Santa plate, get volunteers to do work that should be properly compensated and, the worst of it for me, is let's start a charity so I don't have to pay taxes. No one in this bunch smells like a rose. Michael, make art. Sell it on Etsy. You can sell prints and cards of your artwork and photos, etc. You have an established market with your YT subscribers. Make money, finish your cottage and you won't owe anyone an explanation. But continue to make promises about content to get money out of people and you can't moan when they wonder what the heck is going on.
All of this, is exactly what I feel! If I had the talent he has, I would be using it, and I think it would feel a whole lot more satisfying to support yourself knowing you had worked for it!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I think they are the real grifters here. Chan 4 wasn't funding anyone's dream but theirs.
I don't agree with this. If it was not for them and the popularity of their show, there would be no vlogs for either LOTL or MP. not to mention all their superfans and dollars. I am fans of D&A and don't mind who knows. I think as some others have expressed that there are 2 sides to the story. The only person who has a complaint about them is MP and his family. That is it. MP is just mad mad mad that they are a success and he wants it. Plain and simple. I have seen this same scenario with other shows. Those in U.S. will know a show called Fixer Upper where so called partners sprang out of the woodwork when the couple on the reno show became mega superstars in the industry. This is the same thing.
As far as other chateau owners not being paid, let's think about all the reality shows where people participate and do not receive a dime for their appearance at all. They are there for exposure - plain and simple again. This is the same thing. All the chateau owners in France have received countless dollars in exposure. It was an industry I was not familiar with until ETTC and ETTC brought so much global awareness to it. That just would not have happened for any of these chateau owners at all. And I do mean global-people from all over the world tune in to see both series and to watch blogs and donate. D&A created that phenomenon not LOTL or MP. People felt sorry for LOTL and MP and that is how their appeal began. That was the hook they both used to catch people's attentions. There are so many functional capable responsible hard working chateau owners all over France who do not get even half of the attention that those 2 do and it bothers me.
As far as LOTL's comments to MP to remember that for every tattler there are 10,000 fans and "they are doing it all for them" is utter bull. She is doing for the money. He is doing it for the money. There is no way MP would be so irate about any of this if D&A had not made a roaring success of their business. LOTL would not be madly vlogging if she did not get the dollars she does. They are both begging begging begging. And I for one do not see any work that matches the funds they have received.
I have not liked certain topics that have been discussed on the threads here and there are a few posters that are the culprits of that in my view. I just choose not to comment on those topics and go on to other posters and their wit, good humour and quickness and investigation. Many expressed points of view are justified here. Others not so much. But just like me, anyone reading here including LOTL and MP and the gang of eager supporters, can CHOOSE to be here or be gone. Your choice.
In my world SJ uses and MP whines. They are both lazy and so many others are more deserving. I think SJ is really capable socially and a great vlog presenter and I watched for reno work and restoration both inside and out. Both sadly lacking all 2020. I was really excited when the funds started rolling in and the mower was bought and Dan was hired and thought Lalande is on its way. What happened after that? Gift grabs, parties, dress up time and endless brocante shopping. Not much more. I have never donated and will never donate. I feel the Cadeaux channel is ridiculous. Here is the premise, go out and buy me gifts, send them to me at great expense to yourself, then I will make a vlog so that other people can watch me open gifts endless gifts and see me behave like a 5 year old squealing and clapping my hands in glee while I make money off of them doing that. Then I (SJ) will solemnly tell you not to send me anything while simultaneously guilt tripping you by saying these gifts you send enable me to make a video that I can post on youtube so that I can make money to give to charity. Huh. What a circular argument, thought process, manipulation. How about please no gifts, this month we are raising money for this and this charity. I (SJ) would like all LaLanders to please donate to that cause. We can do so much for charity if we ban together and support people who need it during this global crisis. Instead, the manipulation and continued visibility of SJ herself and ego stroking from her adoring fans who do not get that she is not being generous by making youtube monies donations - she is looking after herself. It is ultimately this that has turned me off of her completely.
MP has so many talents and so many skills that he could be using the right way. Instead of bashing his past employers D&A to bits, who he worked for and was paid by for all his work as an employee, he could be working and focussing on his future.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Me too. I didn't say anything particularly controversial, but the whole conversation was a bit loopy loo, so fair enough that it's been removed.
When a troll gets removed so do the replies to them, otherwise it encourages more. That is all. It's for the good of the thread. If you have any concerns post in forum business, otherwise it derails the thread and gives the trolls what they want.

Report anyone disruptive / new and dodgy and a moderator will look into it.

And if there's bile here or someone oversteps the mark, report it and let us deal with it. Don't take it on yourself as attempting to moderate or control what people chat about on tattle is against the rules.

You can add people to your ignore list or dip out of the threads if you want.

Nothing makes the threads more boring and dull than posts complaining how boring and dull the thread is compared to the good old days. It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. So let's keep it on topic!

Back to the Chateau 😀

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
#913 Mrs P & #917 stepahnieee

Couldn’t agree more with you both. I came her by accident, looking for other things, and this popped up so I began reading comments. They answered so much which had been bothering me as #913 & #917 stated.

I confess I do watch the vlogs but don’t subscribed anymore (did originally to help with restoration) but now I make sure I’m unsubscribed on YT. I watch to see if there really are any true restorations happening, unfortunately not!

As for the ‘gift’ channel I was at first amused but now I’m disgusted that people would send so much food, expensive items, tat and even family heirlooms (cutlery items). Why don’t they donate to their local charities - the ‘heirlooms’ could have been given to a charity for them to auction. We must all see so many deserving causes that need help and people from all around the world send things to a privileged rich woman! The supporters would say that the ‘gift’ YT raises money for charity - fine but the chateau owner is taking all the praise .... not the donators! As for the latest ‘donation’ for a scholarship to a fashion pupil - why doesn’t the money go to something worthwhile in South Africa- like sponsoring a student to become a doctor, nurse, optician? Of course the Saint that is offering the money will be praised for this as its in HER name. Sorry this has rambled on but hopefully people who send the gifts might read it and realise how foolish they have been.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Just watched the vlog from MP - and the Oscar goes to....
He’s balling his eyes out over spilled milk. He signed over his rights to his designs. And now he’s crying about it. Ok the employer may have been a bit mean with her words, wow, imagine that an employer being a bit mean and unfair. Never happens. Take them to court Michael. Say you signed the copyright over under duress. Make a case. Grow a pair and take them to task instead of whinging about it in your vlog. Maybe you have taken legal advice. Maybe you’ve been told you haven’t a leg to stand on and you were an employed artist as a lot of artists are and don’t get the credit. They get paid for their work. A family member is a concept artist for many incredibly successful films and shows. She literally designs the fabulous look of these productions. Concept artists don’t even get credit on the credits at the end of a production when the credits roll. They don’t own the work they produce for the productions they are paid by. They can’t take that artwork and use it for other projects. They are paid to design using their imagery and talent and they hand that over to the show owner / production company and take their payment for same. That’s what Michael did and now he’s pissed off because he thinks he’s been used and that his designs have been practically stolen from him... which is not the case. If he’s not worried about being sued he should be. Vicious money could be involved if he’s taken to court and not mentioning names is not covering his ass at all, I would think that his description of the production, the ex boss, the artwork and how it’s been used is enough evidence to deduce who he is referring to. If they took him to court and they win he’d be paying their legal costs and probably some compensation etc. Might not go there though if she did indeed say on TV that she had done all the work herself. Be interesting to find that episode and see what actual words she used. If she said it was her design then that could be ok. My design, my concept but had an artist with a better hand than me put it down on paper. As for his mumbling about Tattle... zero mention of his dealing sister disgusting rants..
having said all this if I’m being a bit harsh I do hope he’s ok, he did seem a bit fragile, but that could be acting as that is what they all do... who knows.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I don't believe for a second that Pethericks were pushed aside for any other reason than them being boring. The amount of time, effort and money the production company spent, only to find out in the editing room that there's nothing to show, they're no good TV. This decision was not made lightly and probably is the reason why the former ETTC DIY workers (who now have the time and privilege to jump into Chateau Rescue) were let go as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.