The Chateau Diaries #11 Shat o shenanigans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry, couldn't resist when I saw this. He might have the morals to withstand SJ, but by acting elusive he's only turning himself into one of her enablers.

Marie, his now wife, don't you recognize her? And as to where: Michael Potts facebook is golden when it comes to connecting the dots.
Tbh, I didn’t recognise her. I had even taken a closer look and still thought not. She has a lovely face but like many of us 👀 has put in a few pounds. I don’t Facebook so I only get to see fb pics when tattlers kindly repost. Which I always enjoy !

frenchessence 3602027
isn't this one been pinched from under a fridge magnet on Brenda's fridge?
Possibly 😂👏

I thought Nic & Marie were the good guys?
I was a little surprised too by that picture because I sort of thought, mistakenly perhaps, maybe Nic, and certainly Marie, were kind of ‘outsiders’ to the whole party scene.

I know we see Nic featured in parties of the past, but somehow I thought they lived in a parallel world. Rather more looking in at SSB but living in their own tiny micro bubble.
Maybe they are more detached now that Anotoinne is older. Marie doesn’t seem like she could ever have been a party girl. More the wise wallflower. Those those chateau walls must have lots of secrets ...

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Maybe they are more detached now that Anotoinne is older.
Certainly not, SJ would never allow that, he has to be there to 'support' her. This is probably why she makes him join the gift grabbing thing too, against his will. He's just a pussy when it comes to standing up to her. Poor Antoinne. That kid should be protected from all that immoral behavior.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I thought Nic & Marie were the good guys?
I was a little surprised too by that picture because I sort of thought, mistakenly perhaps, maybe Nic, and certainly Marie, were kind of ‘outsiders’ to the whole party scene.

I know we see Nic featured in parties of the past, but somehow I thought he/they lived in a parallel world. Rather more looking in at SSB but living in their own tiny micro bubble.
Maybe they are more detached now that Anotoinne is older. Marie doesn’t seem like she could ever have been a party girl. More the wise wallflower. Those chateau walls must have lots of secrets ...

Certainly not, SJ would never allow that, he has to be there to 'support' her. This is probably why she makes him join the gift grabbing thing too, against his will. He's just a pussy when it comes to standing up to her. Poor Antoinne. That kid should be protected from all that immoral behavior.
Yes ...when Antoine looks back on the antics t’up at chateau.... I wonder how he’ll write that history .
I can see with SJ’s never/ending influence over Nic, he will then, always fall in line. Albeit against his will and sometimes his morals. Have to say Marie looked a million miles away from the rather mumsy image of now. Happens to us all 😉😁

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Her Italian citizenship was for sure mentioned in a gift grab (get that not everyone watches it) done in the autumn. If I can be bothered to find the video, i’ll post it.

Had a scroll through Nati’s insta. She’s done a lot of interesting travelling for a lot of years. Get the impression she’s a nomad like Selmar. She also has a rather intimately placed tattoo. View attachment 394439
Natti of the mad rolling eyes... she's about as sexy as a doorknob.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Her Italian citizenship was for sure mentioned in a gift grab (get that not everyone watches it) done in the autumn. If I can be bothered to find the video, i’ll post it.

Had a scroll through Nati’s insta. She’s done a lot of interesting travelling for a lot of years. Get the impression she’s a nomad like Selmar. She also has a rather intimately placed tattoo. View attachment 394439
Is it a tattoo or a bad wax?

• Haha
Another covid free zone. I take it they all got tested and quarantined for days as not a mask in sight.

View attachment 394347
Just looked at that chateau's Instagram. What a huge difference between that and la Lande. The couple are restoring it so tastefully; it looks beautiful and such a far cry from the mis-mash of styles and colours and all the clutter and kitsch trashiness of CLL. They seem likeable: modest and much more natural than LOTL & co.

If you mean send me one of Daddy Jarvis’ prints woweee I’d love one. Would make a great dart board for the children, or perhaps show them how not to paint by numbers 🤣 😂
I meant send one to BG!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Just looked at that chateau's Instagram. What a huge difference between that and la Lande. The couple are restoring it so tastefully; it looks beautiful and such a far cry from the mis-mash of styles and colours and all the clutter and kitsch trashiness of CLL. They seem likeable: modest and much more natural than LOTL & co.
Absolutely agree, this is how it should be done!

• Heart

I meant send one to BG!
so she could take a photo and animate it? 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Some of the chateau owners in France are making homes for themselves and seeking patrons to fund renovations which they should really pay for themselves but just a small handful of them appear to be really interested in appropriate, tasteful restoration and preservation of historic buildings. What SJ is doing at la Lande is creating a kitsch pleasure palace as a stage setting for her performances; it is not restoration. It is for her own pleasure and that of a few of her sycophantic minions and like-minded friends. It gives her a stage and exposure which she would not otherwise have. The patrons sending her money and gifts are seriously deluded if they think they are supporting a genuine restoration. If they wish to support pleasure givers, rather than merely pleasure seekers, they'd be wiser to support the theatres, cinemas, concert halls, and skilled artists from all over the world who have been seriously affected by Covid, rather than the creator of this pleasure palace designed to boost one privileged person's already over-inflated ego! Rant over for the day!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I just looked at some of the workaway photos and videos, and she was hardly abusing anyone with over work. I'm going to guess the llama farm and the sustainable orchard require more actual labor than dinner and dishes at a chateau.
Well, people know what they sign up for and are free to leave whenever they wish... unless a host has been blatantly lying!

However, I would like to burst the bubble on this concept of workawayers being exploited... of course, some are, but I would say a large percentage are freeloaders, especially when it comes to helping someone in their home. The ECO farms do not tolerate laziness or freeloaders, but those who are disabled, injured, or undergoing treatment for cancer, are the hosts who are most at risk of being exploited.

We have had some volunteers who were excellent and honest but we have also had unfortunate hosts having to deal with people who literally brought bag loads of washing and took over the home. One elderly lady was in her bedroom when I rang because she didn't feel comfortable in her own living room whilst the workaway couple were there. They were lazy, dirty, had the oven on twice a day, and used up all of her wood reserves for her wood burner. There are other assholes who would bully a vulnerable host, but you get the drift. I would say that about 45% are freeloaders or grifters; that's just my opinion. The problem with workaway is that a bad reference reflects badly on everyone, so people are loathe to give them, they rather give no reference. We look for additional references if we need someone for a vulnerable host, and we phone every day to check that things are okay, but we still have to be alert.

I would say that Philip joined Lalande to help his career (as did Tomaz) but he certainly had no intention of doing any demanding physical labour. If SSB was true to form, she didn't pick him for his restoration skills either, so this is probably a match made in heaven - or hell - depending which way you look at it!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Some of the chateau owners in France are making homes for themselves and seeking patrons to fund renovations which they should really pay for themselves but just a small handful of them appear to be really interested in appropriate, tasteful restoration and preservation of historic buildings. What SJ is doing at la Lande is creating a kitsch pleasure palace as a stage setting for her performances; it is not restoration. It is for her own pleasure and that of a few of her sycophantic minions and like-minded friends. It gives her a stage and exposure which she would not otherwise have. The patrons sending her money and gifts are seriously deluded if they think they are supporting a genuine restoration. If they wish to support pleasure givers, rather than merely pleasure seekers, they'd be wiser to support the theatres, cinemas, concert halls, and skilled artists from all over the world who have been seriously affected by Covid, rather than the creator of this pleasure palace designed to boost one privileged person's already over-inflated ego! Rant over for the day!
Such an intelligent comment. Very thing you say here spot on. And SJ’s Stage . How true 👏

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I read a quote yesterday which reminded me of SJ and Prince Snortalot's infatuation with her , that ' charisma is charm that inspires devotion'

• Heart
  • Haha

I meant send one to BG!
But PLEASE don't send one to me, by mistake!

Absolutely agree, this is how it should be done!
Yes, it's everything that Lalande isn't and I like the owners too. I do hope that they don't get too mixed up with the other lot and definitely that they don't allow Bungle Trotter anywhere near.

Just took a look at Marie's website, she has a link to buy me a coffee and if she hits a certain goal she'll buy a car???? WTF Do none of these people know how to save or work hard and save??? I guess she sees Stephanie begging for money every month so she might as well do it to. So pathetic.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
But PLEASE don't send one to me, by mistake!

Yes, it's everything that Lalande isn't and I like the owners too. I do hope that they don't get too mixed up with the other lot and definitely that they don't allow Bungle Trotter anywhere near.
It all depends on what they have seen or heard about the goings on at Lalande. Unless one has followed the evolution, or devolution, of the CDs from the beginning, one could think that it is harmless fun, as the inhabitants are just adults and free to live as they choose. CD has plenty of avid followers and is making enviable income that can be a source of inspiration to the other chateau owners who aren't in the immediate circle of the popular kids in high school. Also note that other chateau owners are still receiving guests so who knows what precautions they take for themselves and their guests.
The owners at Le Fleur seem like a nice couple, and I would hate to see them mixed up with the others too. Perhaps having two young children might make them think twice, but I am sure the Trotters et al can do a pretty good sell job, especially when one has consider all the income lost for all these BNBers last year. Rock and hard place comes to mind. Castle Ten Berghe is handling this right so far, I think. They often post in the chat during the CD premieres to say hello but seem to limit contact to that. The videos are pretty low-key with the whole family pitching in, parents and little kids. The little boy is a particularly bright light.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
You would think 🤔

that she’d had given the monies from CATC to struggling artists actors etc

nope 👎another opportunity lost on SSB .... there good enough for workshops where they PAY 💰 to stay
Doubt charity occurs when there’s no camera 🎥 following

Mini apron Isabel taught her well

Reactions: 10
I just looked at some of the workaway photos and videos, and she was hardly abusing anyone with over work. I'm going to guess the llama farm and the sustainable orchard require more actual labor than dinner and dishes at a chateau.

View attachment 394230
A lot of them did a lot more than dinner or dishes... and as she is a business she should have been paying them too. I think a lot of Tattlers have made many references to her slaves. But you are one of the covert faithful.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Just took a look at Marie's website, she has a link to buy me a coffee and if she hits a certain goal she'll buy a car???? WTF Do none of these people know how to save or work hard and save??? I guess she sees Stephanie begging for money every month so she might as well do it to. So pathetic.
They seem to think that the world owes them a living. Entitled lazy good-for-nothings.!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.