Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LA2019

Anna: I’m trying to figure out how much pregnancy content I want to share.
Also Anna: only shared pregnancy content.

I won’t even hate watch during my morning workout anymore.
I turned off 3 mins into her vlog when she said that 'karma had been good to them' for getting pregnant so quickly. What a F up thing to say? It took me years to get pregnant - was that the result of 'bad karma'. Honestly, i used to really like her but last 6 months i've really gone off and today was the straw that broke the camels back for me.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 89

Helmi

Anna mentions taking a chunk of time off after the baby is born - she says she will have zero income during this time. So not true. We know a simple swipe up can earn her a few grand.
Also, she currently has over 900 videos on her YouTube catalogue, all of which give her some AdSense money without her even lifting her finger. I know that is not her main source of income but saying that she will be earning zero during her mat leave is just not true. I'm sure that Mark will also be posting tons of baby gear on Instagram and her blog (all with affiliate links, of course) without them actually having to produce the content. I guess this is all pocket money to them but it's still much more than zero.

This is one of the biggest turn-offs with Anna, the constant white lies she tells to give an impression of being a regular 30-something like her viewers – while at the same time claiming to be honest and transparent. It's totally okay that she can drastically cut back on her work and still make decent wages. But the constant lying makes her look dishonest and only highlights the fact that she lives a totally different life than the rest of us.

• Heart
Reactions: 74

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
In the podcast, Anna mentioned that a part of why she waited a little longer to tell people was because there were quite a lot of pregnant women in their industry at the moment. That makes sense as you definitely wouldn't want to steal anyone else's thunder etc, but the way she worded it surprised me. She couldn't handle it if anyone made a comment about "yet another one" because that would be directed at HER BABY. I don't know, I guess i'm just really surprised she couldn't have a sense of humour about that? She admits she/they are in the age bracket where lots of people will be having them, so surely there will be more after her too? So why get so obsessed/worried about the slightest bit of not completely positive feedback on yours? How could anyone rational let that affect their pregnancy experience? Seemed a bit like she wanted the perfect amount/type of attention for her big reveal and was a bit miffed she couldn't get it.

I have to admit, I think am very much like Anna. I like to keep things to myself until they're done, so I rarely tell people my plans, I will just tell people when the thing is done. This is mostly because I don't like being asked how things are going while I'm doing them and also incase things don't go to plan. I also, in a very ironic way, value modesty (I think it's the coolest thing ever) so always try to appear modest and "oh, little old me?" even though it's some what manufactured. Not a great personality trait I admit, I'm not proud of it as it's not modesty if you want credit for being modest lol. I feel like Anna is like this too.
I don't have an issue with Anna keeping things under wraps. I am a private person myself, so I actually completely understand this. The problem is that she actively lies in order to keep her secrets. She has done this a few times now, saying things like it is her 'dream to one day have a garden,' when she has just completed on a house with a large garden; or saying she has her period and talking about kids like they are very very far off in the future, when she is, in fact, pregnant. It's not that she's trying to keep things private that's the problem, it's that she actually seems to take pleasure in deceiving her audience. I mean, nobody ever asked her if it was her dream to one day have a garden. Nobody asked her if she had her freakin' period. She could say nothing on these issues - but she seems to like lying. That's the problem.

As for negative feedback. Anna does not do negative feedback. Somebody recently pointed out that her desk was facing the wrong way and she deleted the comment! She wants Good Vibes Only!

I think she's become pretty insufferable.

• Heart
Reactions: 70

ShaSha85

You know, I used to be a big fan of Anna - she seemed nice, relatable and I liked her style (Whistles-era). My husband and I also quite liked watching her travel vlogs for inspiration. But you know what, I think I'm fully out. I am sick to the back teeth of 'moment', 'over-sized', beige agogo, Mark, rust coloured eye-shadow, fake-relatability, constant giggling over nothing and now her pregnancy.
ETA: Oh and Hello Fresh, and those completely ridiculous, utterly nobbish, eyebrows.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
TheAnnaEdit-5194-Allies-of-skin.jpeg

If a photographer took a photo of me like this, I would fire him. Anna looks drab, lifeless, and as big as a house. That sounds like a bitchy thing to say about a pregnant woman, but it's due to bad lighting, bad angles, and poor choice/understanding of lenses. There's taking a picture and shooting a portrait, and Mark clearly doesn't know the difference.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64

Sophie85

Fuck off with your good vibes Anna, she just feels smug and dishonest to me
Anna’s “positive vibes” is what made me unsub/unfollow her. When Sarah Everard’s body was found, on their podcast she was sending “positive vibes to all women listening”. When she announced her pregnancy, she was sending “positive vibes to people struggling”.

For god’s sake woman, positive vibes is not the phrase to use in either of those circumstances. It’s a lazy, easy thing to say that allows her to say she did approach the subject if she faced any negative comments, without actually having to think of anything worthwhile.

So fake & patronising. I had an unfollow “moment”!

• Heart
Reactions: 63

Jazz!

Screenshot_20210502-195443_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20210502-195507_YouTube.jpg

Are those fellow tattlers? I'm surprised those comments are still up, but on the other hand deleting them would mean that they are " working" so who am I kidding

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
We are al talking about what Anna is doing all day. But what is Mark doing all day? How can a man without a job, doing nothing all day can still be attractive?
What do you mean? He’s busy making the sun rise and set, maintaining the earth’s rotation, and governing the tides. And one day he might even build a birdhouse.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62

Ea6

Anna talking about how she would have to win the lottery to buy the chanel sandals that have been doing the rounds- when she has just bought the row flip flops, million pound house etc. is just so grim

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 61

stinkytink

Chatty Member
If she isn’t lying she’s repeating herself. She’s lied about the last 3 major life changes that are related to and affect her work - Mark being employed by her, buying a house, and getting pregnant. I understand wanting to keep those things private, but lying in the interim is just gross. Perhaps don’t mention it or don’t directly lie about it until you are ready to tell? Or here’s a thought: truly be an organization guru and plan your content in advance much, much better so that there’s no need to lie.

Lying also undermines her credibility as an “influencer” because she doesn’t seem very genuine to me anymore. She seems harmless but she’s just as nefarious with the covert consumerism as every other influencer, and she doesn’t respect her audience’s intelligence.

• Heart

CatCafe234

VIP Member
This is why people like Lily and Anna kind of piss me off. Lily has been complaining ever since she had Grey that brands have dropped her because she's had a baby – conveniently not mentioning that she has also gained a lot of new partnerships. Anna saying that she will have zero income after having the baby is just ridiculous when there are entrepreneurs (hairdressers, cleaners, etc) who physically cannot work after having a baby and are literally on zero income. Anna and Lily can work part time, get loads of passive income and have had years to save for this occasion from their great earnings. So the "woe is me, I am being punished for having a baby" act is wearing thin.
On the whole ‘punished for having a baby’ issue, I just can’t help but feel it’s a massive sign of privilege that they’ve got to that age and never felt excluded by a brand ... I can’t believe that they’ve never realised that most brands sell themselves to a certain type of person who lives a certain type of lifestyle, and for a lot of higher-end brands their target market is young, slim (white ...) female professionals, and anyone who’s larger or pregnant is generally not the target market. Being surprised that your favourite brand of jeans only goes up to a 14/16 or whatever and then feeling shocked that you’re excluded when you can’t physically fit into them anymore just blows my mind. You’d think something like that might make them realise that they’ve been part of an industry that actively excludes anyone outside of a small group, but no - all we hear is how unfair it is for them.

Last edited:
  • Heart

MoniC

Chatty Member
So Anna used hiding her pregnancy as reasoning for the lack of content and creativity, but now that it's out, where is the content? And I don't mean regurgitated stories on multiple platforms we keep seeing, she even had to ASK her followers about content for the newsletter, she'd rather let others do the work for her instead of missing out on the ad money. Fucking embarassing. What are these people doing all day? What is Mark doing? What is Anna doing apart from finding new rotten corners of the house to take selfies in? Actual legit question.

Tbh I feel like a dumbass for getting my Master's and working until way past midnight every night just to be paid barely over minimum wage when I see these two dimwits making more than I earn in a year within maybe a week. I could actually cry sometimes

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 60

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
I don't really know if it's the done thing to make a new thread when your own thread title has the most likes, but the last thread is at 54 pages, and I have some time, so here we are! Thanks to everyone who voted for my thread title, and sorry to those who were sickened by it, and now have to see it for the next while.

So, after months of Tattle speculation, an ever increasing boob situation, and even a melasma moment, it has been confirmed: Anna is with child!

Expect many more of these (see below) bump 'moments' over the next few months. I'm expecting a full nude bump photo shoot (featuring Mark, also nude) before Anna gives birth to Mark Isaac 'Fig' Newton Jnr.

ae.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart

ECH

VIP Member
As part of the TLDR I think it's important to remind you that not only was Mark naked, but Anna literally wanted to rip his clothes off whilst ovulating and then she cried after they'd had sex. This is all information she voluntarily gave us.

• Sick
  • Haha

SachaStark

Absolutely agree.

At like, 6 weeks, she was noting down that they’d gone to the supermarket and bought everything she was “craving”, such as biscuits and fish fingers... is this not just fancying fish fingers for dinner, and wanting a packet of biscuits to have with your cup of tea?

I don’t know, it all seems a bit obsessive and disingenuous to me. I’ve been pregnant (disclaimer: I’ve never had a baby though, and I don’t know anything personally about how pregnancy feels post 11 weeks), and I didn’t even realise until I was gone 7 weeks. Surely a lot of what she’s talking about in the earliest weeks (boob stuff aside), is just ordinary, every day bodily fluctuations?

Like... who profoundly notices that they have “more saliva than usual”?!

• Heart
Reactions: 57