The Anna Edit #9 Praise be! Mark has planted his seed!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
*Edited to clarify: meant to post this as a quote on buffalobarbie’s earlier, v insightful, comment about Anna being one dimensional and lacking substance. #tattlenovice

*This captures the essence of my main issue with Anna (apart from the other obvious issue of the annoying, often quite unnerving, Mark content). She seems bright, engaged, curious and with VAST resources at her fingertips (literally) - not just financially but in terms of her platform and the opportunity and responsibility it brings - and yet she is lazy and predictable in her ‘content’ and just oozes mono dimensional privilege. Endless ‘swipe up for the aff link’ and ‘here’s my latest top 10 beige X [insert predictable product category]’ drivel, interspersed with performative attempts to engage occasionally with issues that actually matter in the world, such as her tokenistic response to the outpouring of outrage following Sarah Everard’s murder. And the sacharine, facile comment on KJH’s IVF post.

Easy street Anna. What I really don’t understand is, assuming my impression is correct that Anna is kind in her heart, bright, and reasonably self-aware, how she doesn’t see that having built up a HUGE following of likely v engaged, thoughtful, millennial (mainly) women who see and take seriously their individual agency and power to play a part in the causes of equality and giving voice to communities who have been systematically disadvantaged for generations, she seems utterly vacuous in how she chucks out tokenistic, performative fluff on really important issues. Not to mention (more superficially) the poorly researched, rambling podcast.

Sorry for the rant. I’m fed up with ‘influencers’ and, with many including Anna in my view, the ‘take what we can (even if that does involve some hard ‘work’ sometimes) without grasping - and taking the opportunity of - the responsibilities of having a vast SM following. Cake and eat it.

Look at this comment on Katie Jane Hughes’ post on IVF. duck off with your good vibes Anna, she just feels smug and dishonest to me

• Heart
Reactions: 43
*Edited to clarify: meant to post this as a quote on buffalobarbie’s earlier, v insightful, comment about Anna being one dimensional and lacking substance. #tattlenovice

*This captures the essence of my main issue with Anna (apart from the other obvious issue of the annoying, often quite unnerving, Mark content). She seems bright, engaged, curious and with VAST resources at her fingertips (literally) - not just financially but in terms of her platform and the opportunity and responsibility it brings - and yet she is lazy and predictable in her ‘content’ and just oozes mono dimensional privilege. Endless ‘swipe up for the aff link’ and ‘here’s my latest top 10 beige X [insert predictable product category]’ drivel, interspersed with performative attempts to engage occasionally with issues that actually matter in the world, such as her tokenistic response to the outpouring of outrage following Sarah Everard’s murder. And the sacharine, facile comment on KJH’s IVF post.

Easy street Anna. What I really don’t understand is, assuming my impression is correct that Anna is kind in her heart, bright, and reasonably self-aware, how she doesn’t see that having built up a HUGE following of likely v engaged, thoughtful, millennial (mainly) women who see and take seriously their individual agency and power to play a part in the causes of equality and giving voice to communities who have been systematically disadvantaged for generations, she seems utterly vacuous in how she chucks out tokenistic, performative fluff on really important issues. Not to mention (more superficially) the poorly researched, rambling podcast.

Sorry for the rant. I’m fed up with ‘influencers’ and, with many including Anna in my view, the ‘take what we can (even if that does involve some hard ‘work’ sometimes) without grasping - and taking the opportunity of - the responsibilities of having a vast SM following. Cake and eat it.
I don’t think her loyal followers are that deep. Her loyal followers are mostly part of their FB group, afterall they asked questions like if you are a biscuit, what biscuit are you / how to wash your face without wetting your sleeves.
I think we have to come to term that influencers are just glorified shoes salesman 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Fair point indeed! I guess my (perhaps rose tinted) hope is that in a following over half a million there’s at least a sizeable proportion, if not a majority sadly, who are actually interested in some substance. Live in hope!

I don’t think her loyal followers are that deep. Her loyal followers are mostly part of their FB group, afterall they asked questions like if you are a biscuit, what biscuit are you / how to wash your face without wetting your sleeves.
I think we have to come to term that influencers are just glorified shoes salesman 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Completely agree. If they were really that engaged about equality and the experiences of people who are systematically disadvantaged they wouldn't be following Anna! She's totally the opposite of all of that.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I totally see what you mean. I guess I like to think caring about the bigger picture and making your living from selling on SM don’t need to be mutually exclusive (hence Anna could do so much more with her platform beyond just selling). And likewise for we mere consumers of SM content - I admit until recently I was very loyal to Anna, subscribed on YT and Instagram, watched everything diligently, was influenced to buy stuff on her recommendations a few (ahem, many many) times etc; but through it all I was also a curious, engaged woman in my late 30s with views and concerns about the world and how the choices I make - and influencers make - bring responsibility in a way.

So rose tinted as it may be, I prefer to think it’s not a simple case of her loyal followers just don’t care about the bigger picture stuff she could use her platform for. Or that making a living by selling to your SM following precludes using that following for some positive purposes beyond supporting the economy and the bank of Newton.

Will go back in my box now - said far more on here than I ever have before and it’s a little terrifying!

Completely agree. If they were really that engaged about equality and the experiences of people who are systematically disadvantaged they wouldn't be following Anna! She's totally the opposite of all of that.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I totally see what you mean. I guess I like to think caring about the bigger picture and making your living from selling on SM don’t need to be mutually exclusive (hence Anna could do so much more with her platform beyond just selling). And likewise for we mere consumers of SM content - I admit until recently I was very loyal to Anna, subscribed on YT and Instagram, watched everything diligently, was influenced to buy stuff on her recommendations a few (ahem, many many) times etc; but through it all I was also a curious, engaged woman in my late 30s with views and concerns about the world and how the choices I make - and influencers make - bring responsibility in a way.

So rose tinted as it may be, I prefer to think it’s not a simple case of her loyal followers just don’t care about the bigger picture stuff she could use her platform for. Or that making a living by selling to your SM following precludes using that following for some positive purposes beyond supporting the economy and the bank of Newton.

Will go back in my box now - said far more on here than I ever have before and it’s a little terrifying!
I agree with you. I think that some (not all, as evidenced by the Facebook group) of Anna’s viewers would be interested in a more adult version of Anna - talking about real issues without her stupid giggle giggle.

I think part of Anna’s problem is that she has her public persona - the Anna that she is for the camera. I often wonder if she’s totally different in real life.

Reactions: 16
I think part of Anna’s problem is that she has her public persona - the Anna that she is for the camera. I often wonder if she’s totally different in real life.
I imagine she probably is quite different in real life. I think the Anna we see is a carefully constructed internet persona - right down to her manner of speech, and her latest thing, the constant giggling throughout every vlog and podcast. The giggling is unbearable but I guess she thinks it's cute? This is how Anna wants to be perceived: as a cutesy, relatable girl next door. In reality, she is none of these things. In reality I think she possibly has quite the bitchy streak - and she's definitely a bit sneaky.

I also think she has constructed an internet persona for Mark. Although why she'd want to portray her husband as controlling and tight-fisted, I don't know. Maybe she thinks this makes her seem more relatable to her followers? She slipped up on the podcast recently, though, when she proclaimed that Mark loves an impulse buy and is often guilty of using things once and then casting them aside. This is clearly not the same skinflint she has presented to us for years. She quickly glossed over her error when Lily picked her up on it, and I can imagine her internal monologue at the time was something along the lines of : 'Well, that was a bit of an awkward error moment. I just discussed real life Mark instead of Internet Mark. Quickly fixed that error situation, though. Here for it. Giggles.'

Reactions: 39
So Anna used hiding her pregnancy as reasoning for the lack of content and creativity, but now that it's out, where is the content? And I don't mean regurgitated stories on multiple platforms we keep seeing, she even had to ASK her followers about content for the newsletter, she'd rather let others do the work for her instead of missing out on the ad money. bleeping embarassing. What are these people doing all day? What is Mark doing? What is Anna doing apart from finding new rotten corners of the house to take selfies in? Actual legit question.

Tbh I feel like a dumbass for getting my Master's and working until way past midnight every night just to be paid barely over minimum wage when I see these two dimwits making more than I earn in a year within maybe a week. I could actually cry sometimes

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 60
So Anna used hiding her pregnancy as reasoning for the lack of content and creativity, but now that it's out, where is the content? And I don't mean regurgitated stories on multiple platforms we keep seeing, she even had to ASK her followers about content for the newsletter, she'd rather let others do the work for her instead of missing out on the ad money. bleeping embarassing. What are these people doing all day? What is Mark doing? What is Anna doing apart from finding new rotten corners of the house to take selfies in? Actual legit question.

Tbh I feel like a dumbass for getting my Master's and working until way past midnight every night just to be paid barely over minimum wage when I see these two dimwits making more than I earn in a year within maybe a week.
From their podcast this week, Anna want to normalise doing nothing-y

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 14

Tbh I feel like a dumbass for getting my Master's and working until way past midnight every night just to be paid barely over minimum wage when I see these two dimwits making more than I earn in a year within maybe a week. I could actually cry sometimes
I’m sure she said on last week’s podcast that she spends her mornings seeing people (friends and family) and reserved her afternoons for spending time with Mark. Didn’t mention when she does any work - which is evident in her current content.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
He is 100% going to be doing her perineal stretching for her.
🤢🤢🤢🤢 This will 100% happen

Honestly can’t wait to see how they cope with a newborn baby after they realise that there isn’t actually a manual for that. You can read up all you want but literally nothing prepares you for it!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Same. It’s soul destroying.

Reactions: 16
Anna's latest quirky term - BABE, not pronounce as BAIB though

• Haha
Reactions: 4
duck off with your good vibes Anna, she just feels smug and dishonest to me
Anna’s “positive vibes” is what made me unsub/unfollow her. When Sarah Everard’s body was found, on their podcast she was sending “positive vibes to all women listening”. When she announced her pregnancy, she was sending “positive vibes to people struggling”.

For god’s sake woman, positive vibes is not the phrase to use in either of those circumstances. It’s a lazy, easy thing to say that allows her to say she did approach the subject if she faced any negative comments, without actually having to think of anything worthwhile.

So fake & patronising. I had an unfollow “moment”!

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.