The Anna Edit #9 Praise be! Mark has planted his seed!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry I know I’m going on, but…gasp…colour!!

and I hate to say it (because her behaviour has been dickish lately) but she looks really beautiful in the yellow jumpsuit
She looks so good in yellow! Much better than the beige look she’s currently into.

Reactions: 20
A side ny side comparison of Anna's style evolution. Even the photograph from a few years ago is far superior. I think this must have been when she paid a professional.

She looks like a corpse in that beige outfit.
That’s one of her better contemporary outfits too

Reactions: 11
When did her style flip from nice to potato sack? It doesn’t feel that long ago.

I think she’s just following trends and trying to make it work for her and it just doesn’t. Even the flattened down hair and massive brows. It’s a shame because I really liked her style before. Because it was stylish!

Reactions: 22
Wow. She used to have such a cute style. Where did it all go wrong? I just can't comprehend that she has looked in the mirror over the last year or so - when everything she has won has been so oversize and sloppy - and has actually thought 'yep, I look good.' I wonder if her more 'relaxed' style might have something to do with weight gain (long before she was pregnant). Just looking at some of these old photos she looks quite a bit thinner than she has looked over the past couple years (especially in the red jumpsuit). It's the only thing that maybe makes sense....I just think her 'style' is so terrible now.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
She looks so much better in colour; makes her eyes look bluer and overall ‘fresher’ skin and hair.

I think she started to get really blah 12-18 months ago. Who knows how much that had to do with Mark working for her, but it does seem a bit coincidental!

Reactions: 19
A side ny side comparison of Anna's style evolution. Even the photograph from a few years ago is far superior. I think this must have been when she paid a professional.

She looks like a corpse in that beige outfit.
A lot of it has to do with how she styles her individual pieces these days. She has somehow done a complete 180. That cream shirt would look great tucked into some straight leg trousers, a nice ankle boot (thinking MM Tabi boot or Dear Francis boot-esque) and a duster with a low chignon. Kind of art gallery edgy chic. But that full cream outfit - which some women could pull off well - does her no favors. She looks like a churro that hasn’t been put into the deep fryer yet.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Her style used to be a great mix of aspirational and attainable. She looked great and styled her stuff really well and you could either buy exactly what she was wearing because it was reasonably priced or find a cheaper alternative for the really classic pieces (because they're classic and ubiquitous). I wouldn't want to to buy anything she's worn recently nor could I afford to.

I think this video was the beginning of the turning point:

She has the lovely whistles camel coat but mentions the toteme one that she now has, and she tries on the hideous cropped flare jeans and says they look ridiculous on her. Somewhere from then on she lost her mind and suddenly thought she could pull them off and it all went downhill from there!

Reactions: 29
Wow. She used to have such a cute style. Where did it all go wrong? I just can't comprehend that she has looked in the mirror over the last year or so - when everything she has won has been so oversize and sloppy - and has actually thought 'yep, I look good.' I wonder if her more 'relaxed' style might have something to do with weight gain (long before she was pregnant). Just looking at some of these old photos she looks quite a bit thinner than she has looked over the past couple years (especially in the red jumpsuit). It's the only thing that maybe makes sense....I just think her 'style' is so terrible now.
I have put on weight during the pandemic, not loads but I now weigh a little over my happy weight. I haven't however started covering up head to toe, my legs are still looking great so I like to wear slim/skinny jeans with a big jumper, and my arms are quite toned so in the summer I'd wear a strappy dress which is fitted at the waist but with a big skirt to hide my tum and thighs. It's all about proportions - Anna seems to forget that! I honestly don't care if she's put on weight, she is still (even pregnant) not a big lady and there is not reason to hide under piles of fabric.

Reactions: 19
Her hair also used to be much nicer too, she suits a lose wave rather than pin straight. Also her make up was much nicer, not just brown eyeshadow that looks like a diarrhoea shade

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I did not like those waves she put in her hair anymore, I prefer the sleek style she has now.

Reactions: 3
I think all her hairstyle have been fine. My biggest problem is her colour palate. Anna doesn’t look in good in yellow undertones. The make up gives her a very a healthy look. She needs to revisit her blush drawer ASAP. The camel coat only worked great when it was the only beige-y piece, set against black. The baggy and strangely cropped clothes hide that she actually has a very nice figure.
I still like her, but her videos are not inspirational at all anymore (make up, clothes, we will see about interiors) and she isn’t even entertaining with light hearted vlogs. So, I think the subscription is on the way out because there is nothing in it for me as consumer. Her brand choices are also way to expensive, if you are at the same live phase with mortgage, renovations, childcare, car, insurances, travelling....
And she has over stretched some things. Her investment pieces, that are so fashion forward she has to re-invest every season. Her Virgo planning that means she is constantly late and publishes mediocre content, texts without no proofreading. She could have made fantastic moving/Reno (yes a garden too) content. She could have pre-filmed tons of pregnancy content. Stuff like this is extremely popular. Why not even build a f*****g birdhouse from scratch as a surprise for our favourite ornithologist?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I was wondering why I ever followed her at all and those old photos have reminded me! Will the real Anna please stand up?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
About halfway through today's video (John Lewis AND PARTNERS) sponsored of course, and dear god wtf is that 'nook'? No offence to anyone with something similar, but I just don't think it fits the space at all. Classic shoehorning something in because of the sponsorship. Like when would you sit down to read and think 'hmm, I think I'll go and sit on the landing'

• Haha
Reactions: 26
That little nook, who the duck sit there? Well unless you are a ghost in a horror movie.

Oh she also said that the old pink room is problematic lmao, what do you expect, kids often have funny choice of colour. No kids be like MUMMY CAN I HAVE STRONG WHITE FOR MY ROOM

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
How is pink problematic? It’s a bloody colour! My niece’s bedroom is like a unicorn threw up in there because it makes her so happy! On the flip side her sister has a fully decked out marvel themed room, because thats what she loves. I feel sorry for baby Norman Mark Jr Newton. He’ll be surrounded by beige.

P.S no clue if she was saying problematic because of kids as I don’t watch her videos anymore so I could be barking up the wrong tree 😂

Reactions: 24
She picked the most boring basic items from John Lewis, the plain baby towels and muslins, pointless baby flannels. So boring

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.