Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MoniC

Chatty Member
It's art, you philistine!
The one leg, one hand thing must be a metaphor for modern life, right? And the massive empty basket bag speaks to the emptiness of our souls or some shit?
I dunno its too hot for art interpretation 🤷‍♀️
It actually (kind of) is! The stance where the figure is standing with most weight on one foot and the arms and upper body twisted off-axis is called Contrapposto (or counterpoise) and was first used in ancient greece in the 5th century. Statues suddenly weren't rigid and stockstill anymore but looked like they were moving in a relaxed way, making them look more human than before. For example the Doryphoros man by Polykleitos or later Michelangelo's David are some of the most well-known statues of the Contrapposto. A few years ago an eye-tracking study was done to figure out the appeal of counterpoise-statues and it was found that the perceived attractiveness was much higher in those kind of statues as opposed to non-counterpoise ones, e.g. egyptian ones where all body parts are on one plane if that makes sense. That's also why gods and godesses of love and beauty are often depicted in such a pose.

That being said, not even the Contrapposto can save this fucking train wreck of a photo. Imagine looking back at photos taken during your first pregnancy and thinking "oh my god I look like a fucking mealworm in 99% of them!"
(wow I've finally found a use for all the art classes I took at uni)

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 60

under the ivy

VIP Member
Going on maternity leave from what? Working 30 minutes, taking pictures of tomatoes and showing us her mouldy house? Please.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57

SachaStark

Bit of recap:

- Anna keeps showing her damp and damaged house, and OH MY WORD, they spent £1million on it;
- Mark can’t do anything except birdwatch and grow one potato;
- He may as well film Anna’s content using that one potato as a lens, the quality would be much of a muchness;
- Anna is pregnant through the act of good karma, in case you hadn’t heard about it;
- Their lives seem so dull and empty, so the house is essentially a metaphor at this point;
- She’s still dressed entirely in creased beige;
- They are currently on a babymoon break (shudder).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54

bantybrownley

Good god, today's podcast has really wound me up and I'm only 15 minutes in. So it's about living abroad & they have Hannah on to talk about moving to Australia because we all know these two would never do something that exciting.

I'm aware this could be a niche / unpopular opinion and not attainable to everyone, but as someone who has lived all over, I think everyone should live away from their home country for at least a year. Both of them said they could never be away from friends and family. I am incredibly close with my family but would never let that stop me from having my own life experiences.

Then on the subject of holiday homes, Anna tried that whole 'oh to be that rich' schtick and said 'wow, imagine being fancy schmancy enough to have a second holiday home'. First of all, you are the fancy schmancy million pound homeowner, Anna. Secondly, maybe if you'd have spent a bit less on a house with less damp, you could have afforded a second home down the line.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 51

MoniC

Chatty Member
"as it won't be updated for a while" here, have three times as many swipe up links to get me three months worth of that sweet sweet affiliate money. Now swipe up you dirty peasants while I sit on the couch and stuff my face with maltesers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
I really just cannot with every single comment she makes on her stories right now.

“My daily 30 minutes of energy.”

In most careers, you would still be working your normal 40 hour week right now, sis. What do you DO all day?!
She's actually insufferable at this point. I can't believe that only a few years ago I considered Anna the most relatable of them all and the only one with anything resembling a work ethic. She should win an Oscar for her years long 'girl next door' act.

I don't know why but for some reason this pregnancy has brought out the absolute worst in her. The smugness, the 'karma' comment, the sloppy crotch shot...make it stop!

Since her content is so terrible these days I'm hoping her bubble will burst sometime soon and she'll come back down to earth with a bang! Maybe Mark will even have to go and get an actual job...

Reactions: 49

OrangeDuvet

VIP Member
IMG_20210715_173148.jpg

What the fuck do they actually do all day every day????? How have you had no time to prepare the nursery when your baby is due in few weeks???

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 49

OrangeDuvet

VIP Member
How long until Maawwk deletes this very truthful comment? Yes, it’s true: the beloved useless John Lewis corner no longer exists, the lamp has been dragged into Prince Mawk Jr. Fig Bean’s nursery.
Aaaaaand it's no longer there.
Good boy, Mark! Have a biscuit.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48

OrangeDuvet

VIP Member
Comments under the latest (and last) Daily Cash Grab are as concerning as you'd imagine. People basically crying over it ending and saying they don't know how to get on with their lives with no Daily Cash Grab to start the day.. They are also thanking Mr. and Ms. Smug for being so selfless and hardworking, all for their viewers' sake, and wishing them great time on their well-deserved holiday/break. I have no words.
And then there's this legend :ROFLMAO:
IMG_20210630_144709.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
tbh it seems like Anna doesn't give a shit about issues that don't concern her personally, be it racism or transphobia, so I feel like she would promote him even if she did educate herself, because POsItIvE ViBeS

I also get the vibes she (or rather she and mark) could be insensitive themselves, maybe that's my biased perspective bc she pisses me off, lol, but I can imagine them asking "sooo, where are you REALLY REALLY from" or addressing someone by their dead name and excusing it by complaining about things being too complicated to remember while remembering 173883 brands' names to shill
Hm, I see her more as just very ignorant of her privilege and therefore would center herself and take up all the space in the room if anyone were to call her out on something.

"OH MY WORD like, of course I never meant any harm by what I said, like, that would be SO insensitive and just not like, what I'm about. It's just not me AT ALL. Like, it's so important for us to make space for ALL voices, especially if you have a successful platform like me, and uplift marginalized people and not center ourselves. I mean, I'M PREGNANT, like, I totally get what being marginalized feels like. When I was doing such a good job of hiding my pregnancy *giggle*, we would be at Waitrose and like, someone would totally cut in front of me in the aisle and I had to be like, "Um, RUDE? *giggle* I'm actually pregnant?"*giggle* Anyway, back to my point, being pregnant is fab and I am BUZZING to meet our son. Don't forget to swipe up for my recipe for cheesy cream of oatmeal gazpacho! #Waitrose&Partners AD BREAK OVER."

• Haha
Reactions: 46

tafseel

“So far we have had the original sash windows restored throughout, which has made a huge difference in terms of heat-retention and sound as well. Over the next couple of years we’ll focus on perhaps extending and renovating the kitchen, then deal with any damp issues.

so theyre gonna live in a dampy mouldy house with a baby until they get sponsored by a damp removal company ?

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 45