The Anna Edit #11 Dusty, musty, fusty and content very rusty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Title by Sounimpressed and Foxyrin 👌

I find it so hard to make a recap... of what? their empty life? the daily edit june vlog whatever they call it Oh my word giigle giggle videos.....

Old thread link

Here is the last nauseating vomit inducing moment from the last thread:
Capture d’écran 2021-06-28 à 10.46.44.png

Happy tattling loves :love:

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Bit of recap:

- Anna keeps showing her damp and damaged house, and OH MY WORD, they spent £1million on it;
- Mark can’t do anything except birdwatch and grow one potato;
- He may as well film Anna’s content using that one potato as a lens, the quality would be much of a muchness;
- Anna is pregnant through the act of good karma, in case you hadn’t heard about it;
- Their lives seem so dull and empty, so the house is essentially a metaphor at this point;
- She’s still dressed entirely in creased beige;
- They are currently on a babymoon break (shudder).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Yay new thread!

Those shoes she wears in her new daily edit video… the monk edit anyone?!
83843410-93FD-49DF-89B4-6E5E31D3755E.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
If I had a million quid house and somehow decided to buy a mouldy house, in that room no way I would have put my wardrobe and clothes to hang in.

That mouldy spot room would be like a basement/attic to store some old tit. Not the clothes I wear daily.

And their families living nearby when they saw the house they really could not suggest to not keep your personal stuff in the moulded wing of the house? I thought they both close to their families... or are they not allowed in yet? Lol idc

Reactions: 17
I’m sure I remember her saying that her parents had come with them on their second viewing of the house.

The only reason I can think of as to why her parents didn’t advise them not to pay such a huge amount for such a damaged property is that the previous owners had some very strategically placed furniture in these rooms.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Oh the mother of all the naive... I guess it takes more than them to be so gullible.

One million mouldy house that had price wars :sick:

Reactions: 10
I’m sure I remember her saying that her parents had come with them on their second viewing of the house.

The only reason I can think of as to why her parents didn’t advise them not to pay such a huge amount for such a damaged property is that the previous owners had some very strategically placed furniture in these rooms.
yess that's exactly what I thought and now Anna is doing the same by putting her 700 pound pieces of furniture strategically up against a giant damp spot 😅

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Yay new thread!

Those shoes she wears in her new daily edit video… the monk edit anyone?!
View attachment 638271
She dressed like Peter Pan

yess that's exactly what I thought and now Anna is doing the same by putting her 700 pound pieces of furniture strategically up against a giant damp spot 😅
Imagine it was all the fireplace that sold it to them, it is quite a bog-standard Victorian Semi-D.

• Haha
Why would anyone wear long sleeve shirts everyday? Isn't it, like, exhausting?

Ps I notice that she doesn't wear short sleeves even in the summer (apart from rare summer dresses when the sweat overwhelmed her).

Maybe the house is cold all year. Yeah, good investment again.

Reactions: 17

The thing is, you can smell damp when you walk into somewhere, no matter how much air freshener someone’s used. Where I live, there are thousands of Victorian/Edwardian terraced houses and it’s well known that they weren’t built to the highest standards and they tend to suffer from damp. We looked round a few when we were buying and there were some where you knew there was a bigger problem the moment you walked through the door, because they smelt so fusty (or they’d reek of damp overlaid with Febreeze/Glade Plug-ins because they were trying to cover it up). I really don’t think this was all hidden and I just think they wanted the house and got caught in a bidding war. Anna has said it’s their forever home so maybe they’re just thinking that anything they spend, they‘ll get back eventually. I do think that ‘Super Project Man’ maybe hasn’t done his homework though and it’s a bigger job than they thought.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
The thing is, you can smell damp when you walk into somewhere, no matter how much air freshener someone’s used. Where I live, there are thousands of Victorian/Edwardian terraced houses and it’s well known that they weren’t built to the highest standards and they tend to suffer from damp. We looked round a few when we were buying and there were some where you knew there was a bigger problem the moment you walked through the door, because they smelt so fusty (or they’d reek of damp overlaid with Febreeze/Glade Plug-ins because they were trying to cover it up). I really don’t think this was all hidden and I just think they wanted the house and got caught in a bidding war. Anna has said it’s their forever home so maybe they’re just thinking that anything they spend, they‘ll get back eventually. I do think that ‘Super Project Man’ maybe hasn’t done his homework though and it’s a bigger job than they thought.
She got so caught up by the marble fire place I think, her front door and hallway isn't that impressive other than is very bog standard.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Is there a (solidish) proof that both of them actually had lived in the flat and not a house previously?

I am asking because I wasn't following her closely back then, and knowing her obsession with relatability to say, oh we just live in a tiny poky flat in Brighton whereas it could as well be a house?

Like dame Ana needs a house

• Haha
Reactions: 2
She got so caught up by the marble fire place I think, her front door and hallway isn't that impressive other than is very big standard.
Probably - I mean, it’s not a horrible house by any means, it’s got some nice spaces but it just needs work and it’s the million-quid price tag that blows me away. Where I live something like that, in that state, would probably be less than half the price but then I don’t live on the South Coast.

I also think that they probably got pregnant more quickly than they thought they would, and I suspect they were planning to do some of the house up first. To be fair, I don’t envy Anna having a young baby in that house, and facing the next couple of years of trying to ‘work’ and bring a baby up in the midst of renovations. That won’t be fun.

Is there a (solidish) proof that both of them actually had lived in the flat and not a house previously?

I am asking because I wasn't following her closely back then, and knowing her obsession with relatability to say, oh we just live in a tiny poky flat in Brighton whereas it could as well be a house?

Like dame Ana needs a house
Is a flat before because we have all seen the Rightmove link for the flat.

Well The Marks have money to hire builders and renovation teams...

If they are really pressed for time just hire a big team you see on telly and go for a long vacation to Cornwall. Sorry California is a no at this moment for Anna.

Maybe waitrose and partners can recommend them some tradesmen

Reactions: 12

No, she mentioned they had the more detailed and extensive technical report done on the house (not sure what that’s called in the U.K., but more like a building survey), this must been reported. Maybe they were just more optimistic on how to solve those problems.

Reactions: 5
No, she mentioned they had the more detailed and extensive technical report done on the house (not sure what that’s called in the U.K., but more like a building survey), this must been reported. Maybe they were just more optimistic on how to solve those problems.
I wonder if they assumed that it would be ~content~ and they'd get the reno paid for by sponsorships and then tried to sell it to companies who were like nah, we ain't doing that for free and it won't be a quick fix. I don't know about the UK, but in the US, there's a construction labor/materials demand that is sky high due to prices/lack of materials/COVID and people wanting to do work right now.

Reactions: 22
Well, yes, they obviously had a survey done. Everybody has a survey done, it’s part of due process when purchasing a property.

I was more commenting on why on earth her parents, in that early stage of house viewing, hadn’t advised against the purchase. And I can only conclude that the previous owners must have hidden the extent old the damp from physical view.

Well, yes, they obviously had a survey done. Everybody has a survey done, it’s part of due process when purchasing a property.

I was more commenting on why on earth her parents, in that early stage of house viewing, hadn’t advised against the purchase. And I can only conclude that the previous owners must have hidden the extent old the damp from physical view.
It can't have been that good of a survey if they didn't move furniture to find these damp spots.

Sometimes I feel bad for Anna if this really fell apart in front of her, but then I remember she had enough money to take a mortgage out on this house and somehow chose the worst house while I am seeing home ownership as a fantasy in my lifetime, not a potential, and I decide I don't care anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
It can't have been that good of a survey if they didn't move furniture to find these damp spots.

Sometimes I feel bad for Anna if this really fell apart in front of her, but then I remember she had enough money to take a mortgage out on this house and somehow chose the worst house while I am seeing home ownership as a fantasy in my lifetime, not a potential, and I decide I don't care anymore.
That’s why I don’t think this damp was a surprise to them.

Yes, but they didn’t have the standard survey, they had a more detailed one, which is normal with this type of property. I just don’t think they didn’t know about the damp. It just was not a deal breaker for them.

My family would be of no use advising on these types of things. They are always on the safe side and would not understand wanting to renovate even a little shed in the garden.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.