The Anna Edit #11 Dusty, musty, fusty and content very rusty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Of course Anna is going to call her swimsuit swimming costume...because if loungewear is called uniform, it is only fair that swimsuit is swimming custume.
854E2534-E467-4692-BA35-997EDFC1AA6C.png

This discussion about swimwear terminology is more interesting than anything Anna has done all month. I'll throw my two cents in, as another American. I always said "bathing suit" growing up, and now I say that or "swimsuit." Never heard of "swimming costume" (to me, a costume is for when you're trying to impersonate something else), "cozzies", or "togs".

Re: Allison Roman, she's like the poster girl for 20- or 30-something gals who live in cities on the coasts and who identify with Glossier, Bustle, "Girls", and the like. Your cool bestie, in other words. I like her recipes, but her manner of speech bugs me a little. It's a little too millennial valley girl, therefore suitable for Anna to copycat.
Oh very interesting. Dumb question, when you said ‘coast’, do you mean like people from SF, or does it include other east coast cities like Boston and NY? I find it the whole of the USA very interesting, hopefully we are going in Sep.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Me, who is not a native speaker, doesn't live in an English speaking country, and generally hasn't got a bleeping clue about what is obsolete, after I accidentally started this whole swimming costume discussion: 😐

Sgdhsgsjs sorry guys, swimming costume sounded so very dated to me! Didn't mean to shame anyone for calling it that!

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Me, who is not a native speaker, doesn't live in an English speaking country, and generally hasn't got a bleeping clue about what is obsolete, after I accidentally started this whole swimming costume discussion: 😐

Sgdhsgsjs sorry guys, swimming costume sounded so very dated to me! Didn't mean to shame anyone for calling it that!
Funnily enough I’ve recently been searching for a specific swimsuit on eBay and the fact that I was searching for the term “swimsuit” made me realise/think about the fact that people don’t really use the term “swimming costume” anymore! I think it’s just another case of Brits adopting more and more American words over time - my family definitely used swimming costume when I was growing up.

Reactions: 8
Guys, it’s a SPEEDO. Like Kleenex is the general terms for tissues you use to blow your nose or wipe a tear from your eye, bathing suits are SPEEDOS.

jk 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Guys, it’s a SPEEDO. Like Kleenex is the general terms for tissues you use to blow your nose or wipe a tear from your eye, bathing suits are SPEEDOS.

jk 🤣
Haha except loo roll for the Newtons..to blow his nose of course ahem

It’s fine, I forgive you (just) for making me feel ancient.

• Heart

WTF is this
Oh yes, is that that lady that makes videos on how to look rich and how to mix with the upper classes or infiltrate in elite society? She is crazy. I remember watching a few of her videos a couple of years back. What does she have to do with our Anna?

Edit: I see it was posted in the wrong thread.

I just finished watching Alison Roman's latest video, FML, Anna does really copy the way she speaks (situation/ moment). Maybe they both copied it from someone. Once you hear it you can't unhear it. At least Alison has some sort of personality and dressed better
Ha! I watched too and OMG so many situations and moments! This is who Anna is copying 100%. I know Anna copied Alison because Anna has no original thoughts or ideas of her own. She has even copied AR's intonation - note how Anna's voice often rises at the end of a sentence - upspeak - as if she's asking a question (even though there is no question). AR does this too. Anna is such a copycat!

Another thing: I thought Anna was going on maternity leave when the Daily Cash Grab was done? Maybe I got this wrong? Anyway, she mentioned in today's video that she had another video coming a week on Sunday, so I guess she's sticking around for a while yet.

jk 🤣
To continue this saga: to me a speedo are those tiny swimming trunks for men, never heard it in the context of bathing suits. It's hilarious to me that we have half a dozen different names for the same thing 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 17
To continue this saga: to me a speedo are those tiny swimming trunks for men, never heard it in the context of bathing suits. It's hilarious to me that we have half a dozen different names for the same thing 😅
Yes for me also speedos are those tiny short swimming trunks for men. Not that popular anymore for men nowadays I think ( I can be wrong although my son and husband would never wear them)🤣 I use term swimming shorts for longer trunks. I’ve heard term swimming or bathing suits and swimming costumes as well but I use swim suit.

Reactions: 3
True but to be fair I think that meme has been appliccable for the entire past year now 😅 more like "do something....interesting"
Ha! I watched too and OMG so many situations and moments! This is who Anna is copying 100%. I know Anna copied Alison because Anna has no original thoughts or ideas of her own. She has even copied AR's intonation - note how Anna's voice often rises at the end of a sentence - upspeak - as if she's asking a question (even though there is no question). AR does this too. Anna is such a copycat!

Another thing: I thought Anna was going on maternity leave when the Daily Cash Grab was done? Maybe I got this wrong? Anyway, she mentioned in today's video that she had another video coming a week on Sunday, so I guess she's sticking around for a while yet.
So creepy she literally copied the way she speaks. I also noticed the way she speaks too. She didn’t seem to cook any of Alison’s recipe. Tbh I think Alison’s recipe has too much flavour for Anna

Of course Anna is going to call her swimsuit swimming costume...because if loungewear is called uniform, it is only fair that swimsuit is swimming custume.View attachment 642104

Oh very interesting. Dumb question, when you said ‘coast’, do you mean like people from SF, or does it include other east coast cities like Boston and NY? I find it the whole of the USA very interesting, hopefully we are going in Sep.
Most of the bigger American cities are concentrated on the east and west coasts, so yup, that would include Boston, NYC, D.C., Miami, and Philadelphia on the east, and SF, LA, Seattle, and Portland on the west (Not an exhaustive list, so I hope I didn't offend anyone if I left their city out 😄).

Allison Roman herself probably lifted speech patterns from other people (although upspeak seems unique to many white, American women). I'm not sure how "x situation" got popularized, but I often hear "x moment" from people who work in fashion. Who probably borrowed it from the gay/drag community. Who probably borrowed it from the black community. And on and on. Everything Anna adopts has to have gone through several other filters before she decides it's suitable to latch onto. Like, is she taking inspiration from true streetwear? Hell no. It has to be picked up by the avant garde, then a big fashion brand, then Vogue, then every other influencer on social media, and THEN Anna will want to get her grubby hands on it.

• Heart
Yes for me also speedos are those tiny short swimming trunks for men. Not that popular anymore for men nowadays I think ( I can be wrong although my son and husband would never wear them)🤣 I use term swimming shorts for longer trunks. I’ve heard term swimming or bathing suits and swimming costumes as well but I use swim suit.
Speedos are definitely becoming more popular though. With brands like budgy smuggler etc.

• Sick
Reactions: 2
There's a new Lily & Anna podcast today. I've managed ten minutes so far. Anna's giggles and "likes" are off the scale. Did you know that they're both pregnant? 😉

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
There's only got three more episodes then they're stopping. They've admitted that they have nothing left to say.
Praise be! Nah is just bullshit coz one of the potatoes is going to go on leave. And after another one is going to go next, idk why they don’t just admit it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.