The Anna Edit #11 Dusty, musty, fusty and content very rusty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just finished watching Alison Roman's latest video, FML, Anna does really copy the way she speaks (situation/ moment). Maybe they both copied it from someone. Once you hear it you can't unhear it. At least Alison has some sort of personality and dressed better

Reactions: 6
I just finished watching Alison Roman's latest video, FML, Anna does really copy the way she speaks (situation/ moment). Maybe they both copied it from someone. Once you hear it you can't unhear it. At least Alison has some sort of personality and dressed better
I thought the same! and Alison can COOK. Her outfit in the beginning of the salad video reminded me of something Anna would wear. But Alison's shirt was ironed and crisp and she felt so natural and confident in her clothing. You can just tell that this fashion style that Anna's into at the mo is just not for her.

Reactions: 6
I thought the same! and Alison can COOK. Her outfit in the beginning of the salad video reminded me of something Anna would wear. But Alison's shirt was ironed and crisp and she felt so natural and confident in her clothing. You can just tell that this fashion style that Anna's into at the mo is just not for her.
Alison always remind me of Tanya, maybe because of her features and hair, perhaps body too. I like the way Alison dressed too, it is quite laid back while polished. Anna can learn a few tricks from her, but that moment/situation thing-y, is too much-y

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Somebody needs to answer this! I admit I’m old (and tired) but genuinely, what do you call a swimming costume these days if not a swimming costume? I might say ‘cozzie’ if I’m feeling all informal but what do you call a one piece item of clothing that you wear when swimming?
Swimsuit. Me and everyone I know (in the UK) has always called them swimsuits! 😊

Reactions: 5
Maybe that’s the reason for the single glazed windows? It’s true that modern insulation standards can cause damp in old houses. But that would also mean Mark has to finally turn the heating on…..
I doubt they weren’t aware of a general damp issue, but I think they didn’t know the full extent of it. A damp house can quickly present you with mould and that’s when your health really is at risk. Especially as that was not a small area.
I think they panicked somewhere along the house hunting. Because I really don’t get why you would pay that much money on this house (issues, locatio, details….). I think they pictured either a really pretty terrace house with great historical features or a beautiful historical detached house with a massive garden. But they couldn’t find the right property in their search area. Widened the search. Upper the price. Waited. Found it. Got gazumped! I get it. Some things are clear as day and you still don’t see them even when you think you are looking throughly. Or that you really have thought it true but turns out you haven’t. If they want to stay they need to hire someone who as tons of experiences with old buildings. Sadly, structurally important issues are not really part of the influence gift grab territory. When it’s time to decorate she will get enough gifts though.

Reactions: 8
Comments under the latest (and last) Daily Cash Grab are as concerning as you'd imagine. People basically crying over it ending and saying they don't know how to get on with their lives with no Daily Cash Grab to start the day.. They are also thanking Mr. and Ms. Smug for being so selfless and hardworking, all for their viewers' sake, and wishing them great time on their well-deserved holiday/break. I have no words.
And then there's this legend :ROFLMAO:
IMG_20210630_144709.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
Maybe that’s the reason for the single glazed windows? It’s true that modern insulation standards can cause damp in old houses. But that would also mean Mark has to finally turn the heating on…..
I doubt they weren’t aware of a general damp issue, but I think they didn’t know the full extent of it. A damp house can quickly present you with mould and that’s when your health really is at risk. Especially as that was not a small area.
I think they panicked somewhere along the house hunting. Because I really don’t get why you would pay that much money on this house (issues, locatio, details….). I think they pictured either a really pretty terrace house with great historical features or a beautiful historical detached house with a massive garden. But they couldn’t find the right property in their search area. Widened the search. Upper the price. Waited. Found it. Got gazumped! I get it. Some things are clear as day and you still don’t see them even when you think you are looking throughly. Or that you really have thought it true but turns out you haven’t. If they want to stay they need to hire someone who as tons of experiences with old buildings. Sadly, structurally important issues are not really part of the influence gift grab territory. When it’s time to decorate she will get enough gifts though.
The house tour videos could have been so much better if they had actually admitted to all this. Maybe not “admitted”, but just spoke openly about being aware of the issues, but not the extent of them. And how, as first time home buyers, maybe they did get a little too excited, and fully expect to find more issues as time goes on (and the heating stays off). Honestly, I wouldn’t take home buying tips from these 2 at all. Even their Rightmove #sponcon was so surface level and 1-dimensional (“here is this cool filter feature, see all the search features…”). I’m closing on a home in a few weeks and my biggest asset was a realtor who knew what the duck she was doing and was knowledgeable about the market, potential issues and costs to fix and could identify the smallest weird details.

They’ve just been so cagey about everything that they’re either hiding something or they’re embarrassed they got so fleeced and don’t want to draw too much attention (although she can’t stop talking about that goddamn damp).

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I told you guys, it is not just me seeing the Shrek in her. I am glad I could tell the whole Tattle community about it and now no one can unsee it. You are all welcome!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
The house tour videos could have been so much better if they had actually admitted to all this. Maybe not “admitted”, but just spoke openly about being aware of the issues, but not the extent of them. And how, as first time home buyers, maybe they did get a little too excited, and fully expect to find more issues as time goes on (and the heating stays off). Honestly, I wouldn’t take home buying tips from these 2 at all. Even their Rightmove #sponcon was so surface level and 1-dimensional (“here is this cool filter feature, see all the search features…”). I’m closing on a home in a few weeks and my biggest asset was a realtor who knew what the duck she was doing and was knowledgeable about the market, potential issues and costs to fix and could identify the smallest weird details.

They’ve just been so cagey about everything that they’re either hiding something or they’re embarrassed they got so fleeced and don’t want to draw too much attention (although she can’t stop talking about that goddamn damp).
I think most of the time, in the UK, we don't have a realtor that represents you (I watched too much selling sunset haha!). You just buy from the seller's estate agents, you make your own judgement. Lucy William used a realtor that helped her to secure her home in a very competitive area, according to her.

Reactions: 5
Comments under the latest (and last) Daily Cash Grab are as concerning as you'd imagine. People basically crying over it ending and saying they don't know how to get on with their lives with no Daily Cash Grab to start the day.. They are also thanking Mr. and Ms. Smug for being so selfless and hardworking, all for their viewers' sake, and wishing them great time on their well-deserved holiday/break. I have no words.
View attachment 641432
oof that's harsh

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I have to say, I have made quite a few recipes from Alison Roman, and they were all very nice. It makes me laugh that Anna likes her, because just like Bon Appetite, Alison got quite a bit of backlash last year. Anna was quick to drop BA when the toxic work culture came out.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m the history of daily vlogging, I’ve not seen someone lose followers 😆

21460063-D961-4B79-85D1-DB71B71B56BD.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
View attachment 641432
I think that comment has been deleted. Gutted. I was heading over to look at the response.

Reactions: 3
WTF is this
You're in the wrong thread but thank you for the laugh !!
Anna Bey's thread is here:

• Haha
Reactions: 18
This discussion about swimwear terminology is more interesting than anything Anna has done all month. I'll throw my two cents in, as another American. I always said "bathing suit" growing up, and now I say that or "swimsuit." Never heard of "swimming costume" (to me, a costume is for when you're trying to impersonate something else), "cozzies", or "togs".

Re: Allison Roman, she's like the poster girl for 20- or 30-something gals who live in cities on the coasts and who identify with Glossier, Bustle, "Girls", and the like. Your cool bestie, in other words. I like her recipes, but her manner of speech bugs me a little. It's a little too millennial valley girl, therefore suitable for Anna to copycat.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
This discussion about swimwear terminology is more interesting than anything Anna has done all month. I'll throw my two cents in, as another American. I always said "bathing suit" growing up, and now I say that or "swimsuit." Never heard of "swimming costume" (to me, a costume is for when you're trying to impersonate something else), "cozzies", or "togs".

Re: Allison Roman, she's like the poster girl for 20- or 30-something gals who live in cities on the coasts and who identify with Glossier, Bustle, "Girls", and the like. Your cool bestie, in other words. I like her recipes, but her manner of speech bugs me a little. It's a little too millennial valley girl, therefore suitable for Anna to copycat.
And that would be me, trying to impersonate someone who looks at home in the water … 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.