The Anna Edit #11 Dusty, musty, fusty and content very rusty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm wondering whose idea it was to include "husband Marks" (sic) in that copy. It just sounds so odd and almost out of place. She's the person behind the brand Anna Edit, not Mark, so why even mention him?
According to the accompanying article it is their brand, not her brand. Mark is very much front and centre.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
According to the accompanying article it is their brand, not her brand. Mark is very much front and centre.
Weellll this just fits with the whole, do a thing first THEN tell the audience. The Newton Edit is coming in the autumn... but she'll be like, we've already been doing this for almost a year! Did you notice! Some of you noticed! gigglegigle! We're a team now right babes? Mark, FigIssac, and me!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Weellll this just fits with the whole, do a thing first THEN tell the audience. The Newton Edit is coming in the autumn... but she'll be like, we've already been doing this for almost a year! Did you notice! Some of you noticed! gigglegigle! We're a team now right babes? Mark, FigIssac, and me!
Completely agree. Wouldn’t be surprised if Mark took over while she’s on mat leave.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
If an influencer falls over in an empty gifted room, do they still make a sound?
Genuine question, if Anna wasn’t being gifted groceries from Waitrose or toiletries from Kiehl’s, would she eat or wash? You do start to wonder …

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I want to quote all of the above posts. Big yikes on bikes if he’s taken over her brand, takes over while she’s on mat leave living her normal life + baby.
If all of the above is true, then this is a grave mistake. Her content has tanked throughout the past 18 months. I’d venture so say she started off okay in the pandemic and then ad the pandemic raged on she just gave up. Then she moved + got pregnant and her content isn’t even hate-watchable.

There is no way keeping Mark on her brand is sustainable if they do not do a major overhaul to their work ethics, content, personalities, and attitudes.

And, let’s not forget. It is The ANNA edit. Not the mark or Newton edit. He has just come in after she built everything and claimed he’s part of the business. Talk about taking credit off someone else’s work; he detracts value from her brand, having him onboard does not add value, IMO. And, again, he’s claiming success off his wife’s work, not his own. Let her shine and stop butting in. MakeThe Mark Edit and build your thing, venture out on your own and find your own audience.

Oh. I’m in a rage now.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
"as it won't be updated for a while" here, have three times as many swipe up links to get me three months worth of that sweet sweet affiliate money. Now swipe up you dirty peasants while I sit on the couch and stuff my face with maltesers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
They’re going to move away from beauty and fashion and they’re hoping to get more into interior design and anything to do with property. Which is something we already predicted a few threads ago.

Reactions: 21
"as it won't be updated for a while" here, have three times as many swipe up links to get me three months worth of that sweet sweet affiliate money. Now swipe up you dirty peasants while I sit on the couch and stuff my face with maltesers.
She is promoting a winter coat in August…very savvy

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
They’re going to move away from beauty and fashion and they’re hoping to get more into interior design and anything to do with property. Which is something we already predicted a few threads ago.
Did they mention this? Or is this just what you think will happen? So far their house content has been incredibly boring, and they can’t even do a proper house tour! Good luck to them, I guess!

Reactions: 12
Did they mention this? Or is this just what you think will happen? So far their house content has been incredibly boring, and they can’t even do a proper house tour! Good luck to them, I guess!
No, to be clear they did NOT mention this. It’s just something I think will happen. That is also why I think they wanted a house that is a project. They can use their own house for content. But I think they will be aiming at a different audience that is more sustainable for the future. So yes, the house content is boring. But I think we’re not the target audience for the direction they’re heading in.

Reactions: 8
I think for a long time Anna trying to break the mould to venture into niche indie brands like BB and Lizzy but her target market is very different.

Reactions: 9
I think for a long time Anna trying to break the mould to venture into niche indie brands like BB and Lizzy but her target market is very different.
Yup, she's doing a great job alienating the followers she has and she's not interesting or authentic enough to attract (and keep!) new ones. I followed her about three years ago so I'm not new new but had to unfollow because I just can't stand her anymore. She had her little organisation-niche that set her apart a tiny bit from the other brit-influencers but now they've all merged into one beige slop.

Reactions: 26
I used to love her seasonal capsule wardrobes and looking back on those videos, she has changed SO SO much it’s almost like she’s a completely different person now

• Sad
Reactions: 16
jeeeez, her style is like lukewarm water, even my dog covered in deer's tit could compose more interesting outfit ideas

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.